• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why I doubt LeBron goes ANYWHERE next summer

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no--- but if he knew who spray painted racist graffiti on his house in LA he would have a restraining order against them

for as long as he has lived in Ohio- at least no one has sprayed racist graffiti on his house here. Something to consider there captain ;)

"On Friday afternoon I called the Los Angeles police department to request any and all information about their investigation of the alleged racist graffiti incident on a gate outside LeBron James’s LA area home. The LAPD said they had nothing to share, including the police report itself. The only evidence I was told the police department had logged was a photo of the graffiti on the gate provided by the individual(s) at LeBron James’s Los Angeles residence.

I was also told there had been no surveillance video entered into evidence in this case.

So after five days of histrionic media coverage, most of which lionized LeBron James for his response to racism, we still have zero public evidence that any crime actually happened and the Los Angeles police department only has one photo provided by someone at LeBron’s residence.

Despite the lack of evidence of whether a crime happened or not and zero evidence of who might have perpetrated this crime if it did happen, the NAACP has demanded that Donald Trump apologize to LeBron James.

“We are deeply troubled and disturbed by the heinous acts of racism that occurred on Wednesday,” the NAACP said. “Leaving a noose — a symbol and weapon of hate — in front of the (museum) and vandalizing the home of NBA superstar LeBron James underscore the recent increase in hate crimes committed against African Americans under the Trump administration. The NAACP will not sit idly while our people continue to be assailed by racist and cowardly actions. Furthermore, we call on the Trump Administration to stand up and speak out against these attacks.”

Really, that happened.

The NAACP wants the president to apologize despite the fact that we don’t know if a crime happened or who did it.

So let’s dial back the rhetoric and reiterate what we know:

1. At 6:44 am on Wednesday morning, the day before the NBA Finals began, someone called police to report an incident of racist graffiti at LeBron James’s house.
  2. When police arrived the alleged racist graffiti had already been painted over and police were, according to the LAPD, provided a photo of what the graffiti on the gate had looked like.
  3. There is no surveillance video of the alleged crime and the picture has not been publicly released.
That’s it, that’s the sum total upon which millions of spoken and written words have ensued."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's legacy is all about rings. If he does leave Cleveland, its ONLY because the opportunity affords him another shot at a title. That's it. That's why I believe LA is more far fetched than the 76ers if he's able to build his own roster with talented young players and team up with other superstars.

Make no mistake, there's a good chance he stays with Cleveland, but it's not because of legacy or any sort of loyalty to the organization. If he stays, its because Cleveland still gives him the best path to another finals appearance.
I MOSTLY agree with this....i dont think he stays in Cleveland out of loyalty--- him and Gilbert hate eachother.

but- i also couldnt see him just ring chasing to some team he doeesnt have a connection too- that would surprise me.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"On Friday afternoon I called the Los Angeles police department to request any and all information about their investigation of the alleged racist graffiti incident on a gate outside LeBron James’s LA area home. The LAPD said they had nothing to share, including the police report itself. The only evidence I was told the police department had logged was a photo of the graffiti on the gate provided by the individual(s) at LeBron James’s Los Angeles residence.

I was also told there had been no surveillance video entered into evidence in this case.

So after five days of histrionic media coverage, most of which lionized LeBron James for his response to racism, we still have zero public evidence that any crime actually happened and the Los Angeles police department only has one photo provided by someone at LeBron’s residence.

Despite the lack of evidence of whether a crime happened or not and zero evidence of who might have perpetrated this crime if it did happen, the NAACP has demanded that Donald Trump apologize to LeBron James.

“We are deeply troubled and disturbed by the heinous acts of racism that occurred on Wednesday,” the NAACP said. “Leaving a noose — a symbol and weapon of hate — in front of the (museum) and vandalizing the home of NBA superstar LeBron James underscore the recent increase in hate crimes committed against African Americans under the Trump administration. The NAACP will not sit idly while our people continue to be assailed by racist and cowardly actions. Furthermore, we call on the Trump Administration to stand up and speak out against these attacks.”

Really, that happened.

The NAACP wants the president to apologize despite the fact that we don’t know if a crime happened or who did it.

So let’s dial back the rhetoric and reiterate what we know:

1. At 6:44 am on Wednesday morning, the day before the NBA Finals began, someone called police to report an incident of racist graffiti at LeBron James’s house.
  2. When police arrived the alleged racist graffiti had already been painted over and police were, according to the LAPD, provided a photo of what the graffiti on the gate had looked like.
  3. There is no surveillance video of the alleged crime and the picture has not been publicly released.
That’s it, that’s the sum total upon which millions of spoken and written words have ensued."
Racist graffiti has been sprayed on the gates of LeBron James’s Los Angeles home as the Cleveland Cavaliers star prepares for the NBA finals, which start this week.

TMZ first reported that the N-word was sprayed on the gates of the home, and LA police later confirmed the news.

LeBron James responds to 'n-word' slur: Racism is 'part of America'

The Los Angeles Police Department told NBC News it responded to a call that someone had spray-painted a racial slur on a gate leading to James' property in the Brentwood neighborhood of Los Angeles at 6:44 a.m. PT (9:44 a.m. ET) on Wednesday.

A source familiar with the incident told NBC News the "n-word" had been spray-painted on the gate.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a restraining order against Wiggy.....

wiggy's the real reason LeBalding One will leave the Cavs after this season.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's not going to live in LA because there's a racist asshole that lives there. Can't make this up.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy....

shut the fuck up

This is all you say since he has returned. This is a public sports message board, he has the right to post in here. If you don't like it, fine. But, you're starting to sound like a fucking parrot. Don't like him, don't respond to him but your recent shtick is getting really old.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's not going to live in LA because there's a racist asshole that lives there. Can't make this up.
i dont think so at all- i was mostly just contradicting DJ's assinine assertion about some purported email from Dan Gilbert of which he can produce zero evidence---- while all it takes is a google search to find actual REAL racist activity that happened to his LA house

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, no racist white folks in Cleveland or the 'burbs, right?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I MOSTLY agree with this....i dont think he stays in Cleveland out of loyalty--- him and Gilbert hate eachother.

but- i also couldnt see him just ring chasing to some team he doeesnt have a connection too- that would surprise me.

I think we have completely different definitions of ring chasing. Ring chasing to me is tacking on with a team, when you're just going to be the over-the-top pieces and/or role player to an already great team. Lebron is the best basketball player in the world still. Anywhere he goes, the team will be an immediate championship contender. That's not ring chasing. That's just reality.

Again Lebron will have his choice of destination and to see what makes the most sense for him in terms of being in a position to win another ring.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often to you cruise by LeBron's mansion in Bath in hopes you'll see him outside?
what? you want to take a bath with lebron in his mansion?

dude....take it easy. lol.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i DO agree with you that by the time Ball and Ingram are developed in a 3-4 years the Warriors will be on the down slide

thats why i would think signing a guy like a Cousins whose prime jives a lot more with them than a 34 year old LeBron makes a LOT more sense.
I would take Cousins over LeBron any day of the week - but Brook Lopez isn't a bad prize either if the Lakers could get him for three years/36 million to 45 million and KCP is a pretty good player as well - if nothing better comes up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have completely different definitions of ring chasing. Ring chasing to me is tacking on with a team, when you're just going to be the over-the-top pieces and/or role player to an already great team. Lebron is the best basketball player in the world still. Anywhere he goes, the team will be an immediate championship contender. That's not ring chasing. That's just reality.

Again Lebron will have his choice of destination and to see what makes the most sense for him in terms of being in a position to win another ring.
if the Cavs use it to bring in another piece- short of a sign and trade for Klay Thompson and LeBron, lol...i cant see where else besides Cleveland makes sense from a winning perspective

and like i said- maybe 2-3 years from now he DOES go to LA to finish his career once Ball and Ingram are more developed and Deng is off the books etc.....but i just dont see how LeBron would want to go babysit and guarantee himself no chance of winning during the last 2-3 years he has as THE KING.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is true - but I think we also have to face reality and LeBron wants the best chance possible to beat the Warriors - The best chance possible - does not reside in Dallas, Sacramento or San Antonio. The Clippers or Lakers are the best destinations

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Cousins over LeBron any day of the week - but Brook Lopez isn't a bad prize either if the Lakers could get him for three years/36 million to 45 million and KCP is a pretty good player as well - if nothing better comes up.
and Cousins is like what? 26?

he fits in GREAT with those guys- esp. since Ball and Ingram are more perimeter oriented guys.

Why not just stick with the rebuild that hte Lakers have worked so hard todo....sign Cousins AND George- 2 guys under 30 that can grow with Ingram and Ball

not only that- but Ball is a pure point guard with great vision that NEEDS the ball in his hands- hes not a guy like Kyrie that can switch on and off from the point to the 2.......If LeBron goes to LA- as we all know - LeBron wants the ball in his hands- and thats what Ball does best.

why sign a 34 year old LeBron who will take the ball out of Ball's hands, and slow the Lakers intended pace--- while you can go get a Cousins and George- and let Ball run the show.

I mean, fit, timing, cap space, ability to win......it just doesnt make sense for LeBron to go to LA next summer.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Cousins is like what? 26?

he fits in GREAT with those guys- esp. since Ball and Ingram are more perimeter oriented guys.

Why not just stick with the rebuild that hte Lakers have worked so hard todo....sign Cousins AND George- 2 guys under 30 that can grow with Ingram and Ball

not only that- but Ball is a pure point guard with great vision that NEEDS the ball in his hands- hes not a guy like Kyrie that can switch on and off from the point to the 2.......If LeBron goes to LA- as we all know - LeBron wants the ball in his hands- and thats what Ball does best.

why sign a 34 year old LeBron who will take the ball out of Ball's hands, and slow the Lakers intended pace--- while you can go get a Cousins and George- and let Ball run the show.

I mean, fit, timing, cap space, ability to win......it just doesnt make sense for LeBron to go to LA next summer.
I am with you on this one - I really don't like LeBron because he only signs for one or two years and then leaves the team in a shambles - Perhaps it's not his fault and let's face the facts - without LeBron Cleveland would still be ringless and wouldn't be getting one in the next ten years - so Gilbert grabbed the best chance he had, but now will have to rebuild from ground zero in 2018. That's no fun. The Lakers should be going after young players for the long haul - not that they care about my opinion:lol:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true - but I think we also have to face reality and LeBron wants the best chance possible to beat the Warriors - The best chance possible - does not reside in Dallas, Sacramento or San Antonio. The Clippers or Lakers are the best destinations

I think Clippers are so far out of the picture that it's crazy to consider them. Realistically the Rockets would be the best situation for him if you're talking about teams in the West, but San Antonio is also a better destination for a ring than Clippers, by a mile. Pairing himself with Kawhi would give them the craziest set of wing players in the NBA.

If I were Lebron, and strictly though about situations where I could go to get a ring, while still getting paid out and being able to have a surrounding cast, this is what they would be:

1) 76ers (assuming he can bring in other another superstar with him and maybe another veteran for slightly less than their market value). They're also in the East which gives them an easier path to the finals.

2) Cleveland (still have a good team that can contend in a weak conference).

3) Houston (they would have to move Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon, but the Rockets have done crazier things).

4) Minnesota (would likely involve a sign and trade with Wiggins, but it's an option).

5) San Antonio (again him and Kawhi would be an awesome tandem. also would be under a Pop coached team which already sets them apart)

6) Lakers (If he could pair with another superstar, could be interesting. Still a lot of unproven pieces though and have a couple contracts that could be hard to shed).

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cavs use it to bring in another piece- short of a sign and trade for Klay Thompson and LeBron, lol...i cant see where else besides Cleveland makes sense from a winning perspective

and like i said- maybe 2-3 years from now he DOES go to LA to finish his career once Ball and Ingram are more developed and Deng is off the books etc.....but i just dont see how LeBron would want to go babysit and guarantee himself no chance of winning during the last 2-3 years he has as THE KING.
For the record - Deng will be gone before the season in 2018-19 starts if I know Magic Johnson and by that time Ball, Ingram and Randle will be ready to play. Lonzo Ball is that good.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Clippers are so far out of the picture that it's crazy to consider them. Realistically the Rockets would be the best situation for him if you're talking about teams in the West, but San Antonio is also a better destination for a ring than Clippers, by a mile. Pairing himself with Kawhi would give them the craziest set of wing players in the NBA.

If I were Lebron, and strictly though about situations where I could go to get a ring, while still getting paid out and being able to have a surrounding cast, this is what they would be:

1) 76ers (assuming he can bring in other another superstar with him and maybe another veteran for slightly less than their market value). They're also in the East which gives them an easier path to the finals.

2) Cleveland (still have a good team that can contend in a weak conference).

3) Houston (they would have to move Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon, but the Rockets have done crazier things).

4) Minnesota (would likely involve a sign and trade with Wiggins, but it's an option).

5) San Antonio (again him and Kawhi would be an awesome tandem. also would be under a Pop coached team which already sets them apart)

6) Lakers (If he could pair with another superstar, could be interesting. Still a lot of unproven pieces though and have a couple contracts that could be hard to shed).

I knew I was forgetting someone and yeah - the Rockets might work. I doubt that the Clippers is a preferred destination because they are so dysfunctional and Griffin may start declining now. One thing for sure is LeBron is out of Cleveland in 2018 - Gilbert guaranteed that with his actions this summer