• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why I doubt LeBron goes ANYWHERE next summer

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a direct quote from your post:

I know that the Lakers will try to sign Dirk,

:noidea:
I was responding to Trojan Fan and his post about Dirk signing for another year with the Mavericks - There is no way in hell I ever suggested that the Lakers would be even remotely interested in the old man. Magic Johnson and Pelinka are smarter than that - Learn how to read

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as YOU said before?

apparently the reports that they are already shopping the pick dont jive with what YOU said. lol.

like i said--- trade a HUGE package to the Griz for conley and gasol--- let them clear cap space- give them the brooklyn pick...and beat the Showers.

thats what i would do.

Memphis isn't trading Conley and Gasol for whatever the Cavs would offer.....just stop it. The matching salaries would never work out.

To think you ridiculed my trade proposals on FN.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will try to sign LeBron - but I would prefer that they Don't -He has left to many teams in a shambles in his career -

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no thats what you are doing

I actually posted logical arguments--- not wishing well bullshit.

Heat had logical arguments on Lebron staying in Miami. At the end of the day, he did what he wanted to do. Don't be surprised when history repeats itself.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat had logical arguments on Lebron staying in Miami. At the end of the day, he did what he wanted to do. Don't be surprised when history repeats itself.
what was the main reason he signed with the Cavs?

he wanted to go home.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis isn't trading Conley and Gasol for whatever the Cavs would offer.....just stop it. The matching salaries would never work out.

To think you ridiculed my trade proposals on FN.
you could EASILY find enough salary to trade to the Grizzlies---

and if the Grizzlies suck- you just did them a HUGE favor--- letting them clear salary, and giving them a huge building block to start their rebuild.

the 2 things teams like to do when it starts falling apart--- 1. clear salary and 2. get valuable draft picks.

Shumpert, Frye, TT, Osman, trade exceptions etc....they could EASILY EASILY EASILY without thinking twice put together an offer that would sufficiently match salaries...but again- the whole addition/subtraction thing.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
76ers could give Lebron a blank slate for creating his next super team. The 76ers have 58M in committed cap, considering Embiid's cap hold of 18M. But the 76ers also have Bayless at 9M expiring the following year and Okafor as well for another combined 14M in salary. They could probably shed that and bring on a productive player for the team. If players are willing to take a bit less(not even like KD 10M less, just a few mil here or there) to combine then it opens up all sorts of possibilities.

Fultz, Wade, Lebron, Cousins, Embiid, with Simmons and Saric off the bench is not completely out of the question. That's a helluva cohesive unit too based on their skill sets.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy,

I had heard that his family (wife in particular) wanted to live in LA. That was reason for the rumors. Have you heard differently. Admittedly, I'm not as close to this as you.

Also, if it is LA why do you not see the clippers as an option? Great owner. Lots of money. He loves the coach. Really praised him when he was with the Celtics. Also, Lebron wants to be "the guy". Do you see him liking to compete with the "Ball circus" out there. I always thought it would be the clippers not Lakers but again you're closer to it than I am.

Because the Clippers are locked in with DJ and Blake who don't fit alongside Lebron. Plus they're a dumpster fire. If we're comparing Balmer to Sterling, then yeah, he's a great owner. But compared to the average owner, he's nothing special.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has a house in LA- i know that--- he had a house in Miami too.
Doesn't mean anything when it comes to business - He might be looking for a team he can retire with at this point in his career - A team he can trust to keep building around him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
76ers could give Lebron a blank slate for creating his next super team. The 76ers have 58M in committed cap, considering Embiid's cap hold of 18M. But the 76ers also have Bayless at 9M expiring the following year and Okafor as well for another combined 14M in salary. They could probably shed that and bring on a productive player for the team. If players are willing to take a bit less(not even like KD 10M less, just a few mil here or there) to combine then it opens up all sorts of possibilities.

Fultz, Wade, Lebron, Cousins, Embiid, with Simmons and Saric off the bench is not completely out of the question. That's a helluva cohesive unit too based on their skill sets.
i mean- basketball wise Sixers make a ton of sense--- but i am not considering anyone but LA and CLE--- anywhere else he looks like a mercenary and hurts his legacy.

We shallsee-- but thats just the feeling i get. This is not going to be a strict basketball decision by any means.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often to you cruise by LeBron's mansion in Bath in hopes you'll see him outside?

He has a restraining order against Wiggy.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a restraining order against Wiggy.....
no--- but if he knew who spray painted racist graffiti on his house in LA he would have a restraining order against them

for as long as he has lived in Ohio- at least no one has sprayed racist graffiti on his house here. Something to consider there captain ;)

i dont know anything about a racist email from DAn Gilbert- have seen no evidence of it---- but its fact that someone in LA sprayed racist graffiti on LeBrons house in LA.

LeBron on racist graffiti at LA home: 'Hate in America is living every day'

• N-word scrawled on gates of house, Los Angeles police department confirms
  • James: ‘No matter how famous you are ... being black in America is tough’

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- basketball wise Sixers make a ton of sense--- but i am not considering anyone but LA and CLE--- anywhere else he looks like a mercenary and hurts his legacy.

We shallsee-- but thats just the feeling i get. This is not going to be a strict basketball decision by any means.

Lebron's legacy is all about rings. If he does leave Cleveland, its ONLY because the opportunity affords him another shot at a title. That's it. That's why I believe LA is more far fetched than the 76ers if he's able to build his own roster with talented young players and team up with other superstars.

Make no mistake, there's a good chance he stays with Cleveland, but it's not because of legacy or any sort of loyalty to the organization. If he stays, its because Cleveland still gives him the best path to another finals appearance.