• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why I doubt LeBron goes ANYWHERE next summer

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to you......that's the way to success!!!!! Until James wanted to return to the Cavs and they traded for Love.

#Hypocite
well it helps when you own your picks

being in the lotto and not owning your pick isnt exactly helpful. lol.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it helps when you own your picks

being in the lotto and not owning your pick isnt exactly helpful. lol.

And yet, the Lakers have still ended up with top 3 picks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, that's exactly what you posted.
Imaginewhere the Lakers completely clear the books- stretch Deng, let Randle walk, let KCP walk, let Lopez walk, trade Clarkson into cap space-

IF ALL that happens- and they sign George and LeBron- they will have about 6-8 M left in cap space to add to a team that will have basically nothing but George, LeBron, and guys that either cant, or just recently, were allowed ot legally drink

the problem is that signing LeBron and George together will cost about 66M. The cap is only 103M next year.

So- JUST LeBron, George, Deng's dead cap weight of 7M (assuming you stretch him- if you dont hes on the books for 18M and makes it practically impossible), Ingram, and Ball equal about 86M.

Thats 4 players coming out to 86 million. LeBron at about 35 in his first year, George at 31 (at least in his first year- by the end itll be up to 40), Ingram at about 6 and Ball at about 7 and Deng's dead room of 7M (36M divided by 5 years).

thats 4 players for 86M. That leaves you about 17M to fill out the other 10 plus spots on the roster.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, speculation and hope. Nothing more.
its speculation that LeBron would make 35M? Its speculation that George would make 31M? Its speculation that Ingram will make 6M? Its speculation that Ball will make 7m?

im doing a BEST case scenario here---- if you think it would be more advantageous to keep Deng at 18M a year--- hey--- that totally bombs the whole scenario

Im assuming they stretch the remaining 36M of Deng's contract over 5 years- at just over 7M a year

LeBron at 35, George at 31, Ball at 7, Ingram at 6, and Deng's 7.2M dead cap hit equals about 86M

that leaves practically no other room to add much of anything.

thats not speculation. Those are hard numbers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what totally bombs the whole scenario out is that LeBron and George will cost about 66M in cap space together.

After that there is basically nothing left to field a team that can compete.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try. Our 2018 pick is protected.

From what I understand, it goes to Philly no matter what. That's why it is so important that they got the last couple of drafts right and that the kids show some promise this season.

They can counteract the lack of a 1st round pick by landing a top level FA or 2. But only if the kids show promise. If they don't, the Lakers are going to be in trouble for a few more years.

Fortunately, the lack of a 1st round pick takes tanking out of the equation, so we should see them putting their best foot forward this season. We'll see if it's good enough.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake. I am happy with 33-36 wins, bringing in PG and James to go along with Ingram, Ball, Zubac, Nance, and Kuzma. A couple vets will want to play with PG and James to sacrifice some cash. Wade probably. And a few more.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram and Ball are going to impress next season. Their growth is going to be huge.

Don't agree but seen comparisons between Ingram and KD.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its speculation that LeBron would make 35M? Its speculation that George would make 31M? Its speculation that Ingram will make 6M? Its speculation that Ball will make 7m?

im doing a BEST case scenario here---- if you think it would be more advantageous to keep Deng at 18M a year--- hey--- that totally bombs the whole scenario

Im assuming they stretch the remaining 36M of Deng's contract over 5 years- at just over 7M a year

LeBron at 35, George at 31, Ball at 7, Ingram at 6, and Deng's 7.2M dead cap hit equals about 86M

that leaves practically no other room to add much of anything.

thats not speculation. Those are hard numbers.

Virtually every "expert" out there has Lebron leaving for the Lakers. The only real differences are some say it's a sure thing, some say it's not.

Pretty much everyone of them knows more than you or I about cap space, etc. and they all say that the Lakers will be able to bring in 2 max level guys and that those guys are likely to be Lebron and PG.

They also won't need a whole lot beyond that core. There are also plenty of guys willing to take vet exceptions, mid levels, etc. for a chance at a ring.

Clearly, the best case is that they are able to unload Deng and truly clear up space, but stretching him would still work. It'll just make things a good bit tighter and they may have to convince someone to take a little less for a chance at a deep playoff run.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lakers dont have their own 2nd rounder in 2018---- but they do have the Nuggets 2018 2nd rounder. By virtue of taking Jose Calderon's deal from the Bulls

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't agree but seen comparisons between Ingram and KD.

They are built a lot alike and Ingram certainly appears to pattern his game after KD...but he's got a looooong way to go. lol

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virtually every "expert" out there has Lebron leaving for the Lakers. The only real differences are some say it's a sure thing, some say it's not.

Pretty much everyone of them knows more than you or I about cap space, etc. and they all say that the Lakers will be able to bring in 2 max level guys and that those guys are likely to be Lebron and PG.

They also won't need a whole lot beyond that core. There are also plenty of guys willing to take vet exceptions, mid levels, etc. for a chance at a ring.

Clearly, the best case is that they are able to unload Deng and truly clear up space, but stretching him would still work. It'll just make things a good bit tighter and they may have to convince someone to take a little less for a chance at a deep playoff run.

Wiggy only believes what he reads when it favors his POV.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake. I am happy with 33-36 wins, bringing in PG and James to go along with Ingram, Ball, Zubac, Nance, and Kuzma. A couple vets will want to play with PG and James to sacrifice some cash. Wade probably. And a few more.
that team would likely not even beat the Twolves or Rockets- let alone the Warriors.

PG, James, and a bunch of kids is not winning anything.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy,

I had heard that his family (wife in particular) wanted to live in LA. That was reason for the rumors. Have you heard differently. Admittedly, I'm not as close to this as you.

Also, if it is LA why do you not see the clippers as an option? Great owner. Lots of money. He loves the coach. Really praised him when he was with the Celtics. Also, Lebron wants to be "the guy". Do you see him liking to compete with the "Ball circus" out there. I always thought it would be the clippers not Lakers but again you're closer to it than I am.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James respects Magic a lot and wants to be an owner. What better way to do that than go finish his career with Lakers and pick Magic's brain almost daily.....since Magic is one Hell of a businessman.

Oh, and he has a home in LA

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dude- i said in my post that the LAkers will be able to bring in James and George--- lol---- IF they let Randle walk, KCP walk, Lopez walk, trade Clarkson in to cap space, and stretch deng.

you would just have nothing else but a bunch of kids and George and LeBron and that is not going anywhere. At least not for a couple years.