• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do teams stay in Conferences that they have no hope of winning?

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF is playing in the equivalent to the Big East......A conference that once VT and Miami left, West Virginia and Cincinnati shared conference titles.

No, they are playing in a watered-down, over-populated substitute for the Big East. In its glory years the football version of the Big East consisted of 8 teams - three of which were national powers - and up to 3 of the remaining schools might have a two- or three-year run in the Top 25 in overlapping years. The only one of the original 8 remaining is Temple -which was once kicked out of the league because they couldn't measure up.

UConn was added because they were already a member for all other sports & the league was losing members to the ACC. Cincinnati, South Florida & Louisville were also replacement members, but it didn't take long for Louisville to get poached, too.

Only 3 or 4 of the 12 current FB members were in the league when it was considered a "power" conference.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like your 4-8 team.

But tell me more about the 90s. I'll get more wood for the campfire.
Oh come on!

This is a thread about teams staying in a conference they can’t win.

You can do better. Try again.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on!

This is a thread about teams staying in a conference they can’t win.

You can do better. Try again.
Well given you are no longer in the conference you last won in 1999, tell me more about teams being in conferences they cant win.

TheReal_NU

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well given you are no longer in the conference you last won in 1999, tell me more about teams being in conferences they cant win.

Sigh.
cLoser

Oh well.

TheReal_NU

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't being a Nebraska fan and Creighton fan some sort of exile offense in Nebraska?
Just on the Husker Team Board.
But they scare me, so I hang in gen pop.

No allowances for someone who went to both schools.
No skin off my back.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just on the Husker Team Board.
But they scare me, so I hang in gen pop.

No allowances for someone who went to both schools.
No skin off my back.
Not all husker fans care. Its better than being a Kansas BBall fan and a Husker football fan (yes ive known them too)

TheReal_NU

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all husker fans care. Its better than being a Kansas BBall fan and a Husker football fan (yes ive known them too)

Yeah. Fuck Kansas.

And Oregon too.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doppelganger? More like Junior, since he roots for a mid major.

So, how upset were you when you found out you could be claiming national championships randomly?

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what exactly has UCF won? Shit conference championships? Who gives a shit lol.
They have zero shot at winning a CFP Championship game and no shot at making a CFP because their schedule is so bad.
While other teams are making 7x the amount of money and actually competing against the best competition in a top conference to at least earn their right to at the ultimate prize UCF are beating bottom feeders.

#UCFgradsarentverybright
#BigBoyfootball

Beating the team who beat both teams who were in the final of the Invitational is bottom feeder? You’re just pathetically UCFactually wrong.

We destroyed the Big 12 champ in the UCFiesta bowl.

You’re probably just Bamer or UGA tshirt bandwagoner. Both teams that UCF destroyed the the last time we play.

UCF is just getting started in our 23 year history.

Buckle up. UCFs Rise to Dominance is in UCFull UCForce.

#UCFacts

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they are playing in a watered-down, over-populated substitute for the Big East. In its glory years the football version of the Big East consisted of 8 teams - three of which were national powers - and up to 3 of the remaining schools might have a two- or three-year run in the Top 25 in overlapping years. The only one of the original 8 remaining is Temple -which was once kicked out of the league because they couldn't measure up.

UConn was added because they were already a member for all other sports & the league was losing members to the ACC. Cincinnati, South Florida & Louisville were also replacement members, but it didn't take long for Louisville to get poached, too.

Only 3 or 4 of the 12 current FB members were in the league when it was considered a "power" conference.

Learn your UCFacts, noob. The Big East was one of the 6 BCS auto bid conferences - none of that Power crap back. The Big East changed our name to the AAC in 2012.

It’s the same conference.

Go take a lap to cool off

#UCFacts

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learn your UCFacts, noob. The Big East was one of the 6 BCS auto bid conferences - none of that Power crap back. The Big East changed our name to the AAC in 2012.

#UCFacts

The fact is they were about to lose their AQ status due to poor performance, but it feel apart before it could happen.

Sublight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know UCF would never be in a conference that we wouldn't win. I guess other schools enjoy getting paid to lose? That's the only thing I can think of why teams stay on conferences that they can't win.

Yeah, I'm looking at you

Arkansas
Kentucky
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Missouri
South Carolina
Texas A&M
Vanderbilt

who haven't won the sec since 1992 or 4 full years before UCF started joined D1 / FBS.

#UCFacts
They say #UCFacts

Sublight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because its not about football for those schools.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating the team who beat both teams who were in the final of the Invitational is bottom feeder? You’re just pathetically UCFactually wrong.

#UCFacts

team A beat Team B
Team B beat Team C and D there for team A would beat both C and D is a UCFallacy.
Other wise where does it stop?
2017 Alabama lost to Auburn who lost to LSU who lost to Troy who lost to South Alabama who lost to Idaho who lost to Coastal Carolina who lost to western Illinois who lost to south Dakota and so on and on and on

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#UCFacts
Big East in its final season as the Big East
Cincinnati
Louisville
Pitt
Rutgers
Syracuse
Temple
UConn
South Florida