• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Am I A Homer?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you can be honest, and I will even take Flamings backhanded insults as a response...so people, if everyone is slapping me around, so be it...I want to know, but for God's sake do not get in an arguement here over something as stupid as the last thread I made.

I predicted the bengals to go 6-10 this year.

I can't stand Benson but would be cool with him if he can get some yards for us.

Rivers is a bust.

Clements I believe is overrated even though he seems to be doing a nice job mentoring this defense.

Crocker is crap.

Livings is maybe the worst LG in the league, and why teh F he is still in there I will never know.

Cook is strong but seems limited in his ability to direct the line.

Defense is not as good as the stats make it out to be, but they are doing very well.

Andy Dalton is far exceeding even my expectations.

AJ Green is just "stupid" good, much pun intended.

I like our coordinators alot, and I like the youthfulness of our team. The drama queens are basically gone. Biggest drama queen we have now is Benson and Pacman and Pacman has not said a word, and Benson, has not been a media whore just gets into too much damn trouble.

I like teh direction this young team is going, but they have a lot to work on, and a majority of that is going to come just from experience.

What makes me a homer exactly? The fact I think they have a chance every week in a game unless it is someone like the Saints, Packers, Patriots..and they do not play any of those teams, so whats the big deal?

I feel like this team is my little sister..I will defend it if someone comes with chest puffed ready to fight. However, that doesn't mean I do not see the flaws with this team as anyone else. I am not as pessimistic as some, and obviously our current start has eliminated some of that hatred, but still.

Why am I the biggest homer, seriously???

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because flaming says you are....duh.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meh, don't take offense. I can't point out any particular instance on the spot. I just remember you making some comments, particularly on the old boards that made you seem that way. I don't hold it against you. I have fun with it from time to time, but it's all good.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For that matter, I don't understand what's wrong with being a homer....don't kid yourself crash, every fan is a homer at heart......

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, don't take offense. I can't point out any particular instance on the spot. I just remember you making some comments, particularly on the old boards that made you seem that way. I don't hold it against you. I have fun with it from time to time, but it's all good.

I don't take offense if it is true, but I want to know what makes it so true? I think I can be very objective of this team. I think that is what bothers me more than anything, because the term "homer", at least to me, is someone that can't be objective about any aspect of this team. They will always see roses and never smell the shit emanating from the surface.

However, if there are a bunch of assholes coming to the board to put our team down, and push their team in my face, I don't care if it is the 7 time SB CHampion Steelers and my SB winless Bengals, I will defend our team and each other. This is a brotherhood. We have a common interest, to see our Cincinnati Bengals do well and hopefully someday win a SB. If someone is going to come in and give us shit, I will be there to sling it with them, whether I am saying stuff that is factual or that I even believe. It is about self-preserverance as a brotherhood. If we don't stand together and thrive, we stand alone and we die.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't take offense if it is true, but I want to know what makes it so true? I think I can be very objective of this team. I think that is what bothers me more than anything, because the term "homer", at least to me, is someone that can't be objective about any aspect of this team. They will always see roses and never smell the shit emanating from the surface.

However, if there are a bunch of assholes coming to the board to put our team down, and push their team in my face, I don't care if it is the 7 time SB CHampion Steelers and my SB winless Bengals, I will defend our team and each other. This is a brotherhood. We have a common interest, to see our Cincinnati Bengals do well and hopefully someday win a SB. If someone is going to come in and give us shit, I will be there to sling it with them, whether I am saying stuff that is factual or that I even believe. It is about self-preserverance as a brotherhood. If we don't stand together and thrive, we stand alone and we die.

I feel like running right through a brick wall now!:becky:

Seriously, have some rep......

Last edited by a moderator:

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J Buck I would rep you for that if not for 2 reasons. You don't have 50 posts yet, and I am out of rep for the next 24 hours.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Bearcats basketball homer.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Therein lies your problem.

This is not a "brotherhood", it's a sports team.

If someone is going to come in and give us shit, I will be there to sling it with them, whether I am saying stuff that is factual or that I even believe.

And then there are those of us who are just "real".

Little do you know, but that attitude rubs off on your general views and slants your image of this team.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can play "eye of the tiger" to what Crash said and get a good work out.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See there is the problem, we all come here to have fun, chat and be friends. You come here for the sole purpose if being as big a dick head as you possibly can be.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you don't think a sports team is a brotherhood you clearly never played sports. And I doubt very much you did.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Are you going to follow me around forever?

1) Crash asked for our opinions. I gave it. Heck, he even asked me to insult him, yet I didn't.

2) Fans != Players. But then again, as homerish as Crash is, I wouldn't be surprised if he's part of the organization, so you might be on to something here...