• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Am I A Homer?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what new and powerful conference will our Bearcats become a part of now that the Big East is being disassembled piece by piece?

Probably a restructured conference USA..... I think the Bearcats actually have enough of a basketball tradition to compete even if they get shut out of a big conference. The real issue is that we never had the finances to compete in a big football conference - yet we spent as much as we could trying. In many ways, the Bearcats football success of the past 5 years is pretty remarkable - We spend significantly less than any other BCS school and have had much more success. Anyway, I digress.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a restructured conference USA..... I think the Bearcats actually have enough of a basketball tradition to compete even if they get shut out of a big conference. The real issue is that we never had the finances to compete in a big football conference - yet we spent as much as we could trying. In many ways, the Bearcats football success of the past 5 years is pretty remarkable - We spend significantly less than any other BCS school and have had much more success. Anyway, I digress.

Well, it will be good to dominate again, even if we show up for the big dance totally unprepared because of our weak conference sched.....I was hopeful that we could enter the upper echelon of the Big East soon....looked like Mick finally had it going the right way last year.....

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Therein lies your problem.

This is not a "brotherhood", it's a sports team.

And then there are those of us who are just "real".

Little do you know, but that attitude rubs off on your general views and slants your image of this team.

:L

We as a fanbase are a brotherhood, as we go through the same trials and tribulations watching, cheering for this team. We are a unique group, as we have one thing in common that unites us all, even with so many varying opinions, backgrounds, etc.

I consider it the same as a fraternity, or if we all belonged to the same university, you don't have to, you can be the outcast you are playing the role of. Just saying. When you create a common bond among people, it is indid a "brotherhood" of sorts.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To be honest I only skimmed over your rants. I thought you were calling our relationship with the team a "brotherhood".

That said, I also wouldn't consider the team my "little sister". It's just a sports team. I always have hope, but I see no reason why I have to be irrational or unrealistic when discussing the team, even with Steelers fans.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
fans have camaradarie or in Bengals fans cases empathy...this year has suprisingly been really fun to be a Bengals fan. The team is actually, likeable and easy to root for. Dare I say they are headed in the right direction?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
viva la brotherhood, death to all unbelievers, infidels all!!!

Bengal Jihad!!!

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest I only skimmed over your rants. I thought you were calling our relationship with the team a "brotherhood".

That said, I also wouldn't consider the team my "little sister". It's just a sports team. I always have hope, but I see no reason why I have to be irrational or unrealistic when discussing the team, even with Steelers fans.

You're a fucking asshole and I wish you death by ballcancer. Get a fucking life, you fucking motherfucker.

Fuck this piece of shit. You see what he does? You see this? Yeah, you do. I'm sick of this asshole.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
fans have camaradarie or in Bengals fans cases empathy...this year has suprisingly been really fun to be a Bengals fan. The team is actually, likeable and easy to root for. Dare I say they are headed in the right direction?

The jinx is in.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a fucking asshole and I wish you death by ballcancer. Get a fucking life, you fucking motherfucker.

Fuck this piece of shit. You see what he does? You see this? Yeah, you do. I'm sick of this asshole.

:pound:

I've found that if I listen to Pantera's 5 min. alone after every 5th post by Rey I feel much better.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. Tell us how you really feel!

:puke:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it will be good to dominate again, even if we show up for the big dance totally unprepared because of our weak conference sched.....I was hopeful that we could enter the upper echelon of the Big East soon....looked like Mick finally had it going the right way last year.....

Yeah. I think this year UC has a real good shot of doing some good things. They return their top 4 scorers from last year. If Gates can continue to improve the way he did at the end of last year, and Kilpatrick continues to improve from the starting role, the offense might actually score some points this year. The health of Wright at PG is key. When he's healthy, the offense runs. When he struggles and is hurting, the offense bogs down due to no other PG at that position.

The only thing this year's team will lack is depth off the bench, but with the starters being so much more experienced and talented than before, that may not be such a huge issue.

UC is/can be attractive to other big Conferences, especially if they can pull out a miracle in the BE this year with Football and get the BCS bid. With their Basketball team on the rise, and 3 BCS games in 4 years...that would show the football team is still on the rise...even if it was slowed by Kelly's departure. However, UC's biggest problem is revenue...or lack there of. Teams from the Big 12 spend nearly 75 million on sports. UC spent 25 last year. Texas was at the top somewhere near 95million spent, if I remember correctly. UC simply can't compete with that with their current stadium/arena. It's a good thing this new AD's forte is fund-raising..because that is what he's going to be doing a lot of.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No. Tell us how you really feel!

:puke:

Kramer has been vying for my attention for a couple weeks now. It hasn't worked. He's one of those lemmings I mentioned in another post.

It is actually kind of cute though.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't believe Kramer and cute have ever been used in the same sentence before.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it still considered a "man" crush if you're a homo?

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And if you don't think a sports team is a brotherhood you clearly never played sports. And I doubt very much you did.

AMEN! We always called ourselves a brotherhood in football and basketball and the teams had players both black and white....So dont agree with the "Not brotherhood" comment....

Hell the the defense calls themselves "USO" Defense....Look it up its Samoan....

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zabka!