• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whose antics are worse??

Whose antics are worse?

• Richard Sherman

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Jim Harbaugh

Votes: 40 58.8%

• Total voters

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Oh Harbaugh is just as bad. His whining, act with Schwartz, field antics, etc. are about the poorest I've seen from any head coach in the Super Bowl era.

That said, I find Harbaugh highly amusing. He's great entertainment, END OF DAY A GREAT COACH.

You should actually know what you are talking about before you bring up the Schwartz deal. It was more than just that game. Schwartz told JH to his face at a coaches meeting, in JH first year, that he wasn't going to make it and was going to be fired after one year. Told him being a college coach on a lockout shortened offseason, he wasn't good enough. Well, During the game JH tried to challenge a play he couldn't and got flagged 15 yards. Schwartz was seen yelling "learn the fucking rules". So yea JH was happy to beat that douche bag Schwartz. He went on to go 13-3 and a dropped punt from the SB that year. And Schwartz is unemployed.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, neither really annoy me. The fact that what Sherman said got so overblown annoys me. He just finished playing an incredibly emotional game, and made the biggest play of his career. The week leading up to the game, all the talk was about how the 49ers and Seahawks are bitter rivals...well, this is what you get.

I'm not a 49ers at all, and I'm not a big Harbaugh fan and while I find him annoying he's a coach fighting for calls for his team. Every coach does that, Harbaugh is just one of the more emotive coaches during the course of games. Nothing wrong with that. Although, I do mock him for his actions during games, but I don't mind a coach fighting for his football team.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabs is a top 20 WR. You just lost all credibility with that.

Here are 20 better WRs. YOu just revealed you're a blind Homer...

Calvin Johnson
Demaryius Thomas
AJ Green
Josh Gordon
Alshon Jeffrey
Andre Johnson
Antonio Brown
Brandon Marshall
Jordy Nelson
Julio Jones
Roddy White
Dez Bryant
Vincent Jackson
Larry Fitzgerald
Pierre Garcon
DeSean Jackson
Eric Decker
Victor Cruz
Wes Welker
Reggie Wayne

There are 10 more guys who are better right now too. Crabtree is in the Hakeem Nicks 'could be, but never really did it' category. Top-20 is a joke.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but Harbaugh and Sherman are not comparable. Harbaugh does complain about the refs too much during the game- but listen to ALL of his comments in press conferences, post game interviews, etc. He is always classy and positive- even if a little quirky at times.

Sherman consistently calls players out in post game interviews, calls Skip Bayless an idiot (or whatever), and has a constant pattern of this behavior.

Its laughable they are even being compared.

I will say this though- I don't think Sherman's antics make the Seahawks classless. He is one guy on a 53 man team, few hundred employee organization, with hundreds of thousands (or millions) of fans. I always reject that the actions of a few describe an entire organization. Most of the Seahawks seem like decent guys.

There's absolutely nothing classy about the way he conducts himself on the sidelines.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a pretty spot on right up on Sherman:

"I'm the best corner[back] in the game. When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you going to get."
--Richard Sherman

That's the quote that got America talking.

The man behind it was Seattle Seahawks all-pro defensive back Richard Sherman, a guy whose mouth is about the only thing louder than his game.

In the moments after Sherman's post-game interview, Twitter exploded. People called him everything from a "thug" to a "disgrace," and even Justin Verlander - a professional pitcher for the Detroit Tigers - suggested that Sherman would get "high and tight" fastballs if he were in the MLB. On top of that, tweets and memes like the one below spread like wildfire.

But from my perspective, the heat Sherman is getting is not just misguided but ludicrous. This is a guy who represents one of the best kinds of sports stories there is in the world: the rise from the bottom, the profound destruction of obstacles, the honest success story built by a foundation of hard work and loving parents. If anyone with a brain took the time to learn about Richard Sherman, and then put him in the context of the rest of the National Football League, he'd be a pretty hard guy to bash.

Firstly, we're talking about a 25-year-old who came out of the streets of Compton, California. Sherman graduated from one of the worst school districts in the United States, one that boasts a high-school graduation rate of 57 percent. In a country where 68 percent of all federal and state inmates are lacking a high school diploma, you could say Sherman avoided a horrifying fate. But to say he "got lucky" or "escaped" would be foolhardy. He didn't "just graduate," either. He finished with a 4.2 GPA, second in his class, and went on to Stanford University, one of the most prestigious places to get an education in the entire world. He busted out in a rocket ship. He went from a world of gang violence and drugs to everything that Palo Alto and Stanford University represent.

And where did Mr. Sherman get the work ethic to put up those grades and make it to a school that offers that kind of education? Probably from his father, Kevin, who has worked in the sanitation department for Los Angeles for more than thirty years. But you won't see that on Sherman's stat sheet, and you definitely won't hear about it when ESPN analysts comment on his post-game interview today. Most interesting, though, is that Sherman's story isn't a big secret. NFL Films has even done a short documentary on "the trash-talking cornerback."

So now, America, let's talk about Richard Sherman in the NFL. Let's talk about the Stanford graduate from Compton who has never been arrested, never cursed in a post-game interview, never been accused of being a dirty player, started his own charitable non-profit, and won an appeal in the only thing close to a smudge on his record.

This past off-season, 31 NFL players were arrested for everything from gun charges and driving under the Influence to murder.

Last year, Kansas City Chiefs player Javon Belcher killed Kasandra Perkins, his girlfriend and the mother of his own child, before taking his own life.

Week in and week out, we sit down in front of our televisions and cheer for these freak athletes to destroy each other's bodies in one of the most brutal games known to man. Most of us probably do it with a beer in our hand, screaming and cursing at our TVs in a desperate hope to change the outcome of the game. We ignore how the NFL's owners use our tax money so freely, and we don't seem to care much about the brain damage retired players suffer from every year.

Yet, when one kid who has overcome everything, one kid who was doubted by the very player he overcame on Sunday, decides to emphatically claim he is the best (by the way: he is), this is what upsets us? Man, could you imagine if this generation had to deal with Muhammad Ali?

Last night, when Richard Sherman went on his rant to Erin Andrews, most of America thought they were learning about the arrogance of another NFL player. But in reality, what Richard Sherman did was teach us about ourselves. He taught us that we're still a country that isn't ready for lower-class Americans from neighborhoods like Compton to succeed. We're still a country that can't decipher a person's character. But most of all, he taught us that no matter what you overcome in your life, we're still a country that can't accept someone if they're a little louder, a little prouder, or a little different from the people we surround ourselves with.

In the words of the great Richard Sherman, there is only one question: You mad, bro?

What Richard Sherman Taught Us About America | Isaac Saul

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Here are 20 better WRs. YOu just revealed you're a blind Homer...

Calvin Johnson
Demaryius Thomas
AJ Green
Josh Gordon
Alshon Jeffrey
Andre Johnson
Antonio Brown
Brandon Marshall
Jordy Nelson
Julio Jones
Roddy White
Dez Bryant
Vincent Jackson
Larry Fitzgerald
Pierre Garcon
DeSean Jackson
Eric Decker
Victor Cruz
Wes Welker
Reggie Wayne

There are 10 more guys who are better right now too. Crabtree is in the Hakeem Nicks 'could be, but never really did it' category. Top-20 is a joke.

Hahaha you really don't get it. When Kap was made starter last year, look what Crabs did. He finally had a QB that would throw to WRs. Stats don't tell the whole story. I understand you might not understand that, but you need to. Crabs has amazing hands, runs great routes, and is one of the best YAC WRs in the league. I guess when you don't watch his games, you wouldn't realize this.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I was unfamiliar with all of that.

They're both classless, how about that :suds: Or maybe Sherman is just mentally unstable

"mentally un$table"

get it right.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha you really don't get it. When Kap was made starter last year, look what Crabs did. He finally had a QB that would throw to WRs. Stats don't tell the whole story. I understand you might not understand that, but you need to. Crabs has amazing hands, runs great routes, and is one of the best YAC WRs in the league. I guess when you don't watch his games, you wouldn't realize this.

Let him do it for 2 full seasons and THEN run your mouth, kid. 10 games does not a career make. Nicks looked like a world-beater in his second season too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh's antics are actually funny and he has a reason to do them most of the time. Sherman's was just stupid idiotic comments that spew hate.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone focused on his interview. I honestly didn't think of his interview is all that bad. He was jumping about all excited when saying it, hell it sounded like he was about to cry. But if he would have said those exact same words all professor like. I think only niner fans would have thought it was a bad interview.
My thing was his going around to the niner players after they knew they were gonna win giving them the choke sign. That is what I thought was the tasteless punk move. That niner lineman should have smashed him.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a lifelong 49ers fan (you gotta do something in Detroit to save from certain insanity!)

I voted Harbaugh.

I definitely think Jim Harbaugh needs to chill out on the sidelines.

Richard Sherman not only had just made yet another great play, so when Erin Andrews got him, he was still real heated up. He did not look at her. He looked right at the camera.He did not scare her or intimidate her.

Fact is, I was disgusted that the Niners lost, yet I laughed my ass off at Sherman.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a pretty spot on right up on Sherman:

"I'm the best corner[back] in the game. When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you going to get."
--Richard Sherman

That's the quote that got America talking.

The man behind it was Seattle Seahawks all-pro defensive back Richard Sherman, a guy whose mouth is about the only thing louder than his game.

In the moments after Sherman's post-game interview, Twitter exploded. People called him everything from a "thug" to a "disgrace," and even Justin Verlander - a professional pitcher for the Detroit Tigers - suggested that Sherman would get "high and tight" fastballs if he were in the MLB. On top of that, tweets and memes like the one below spread like wildfire.

But from my perspective, the heat Sherman is getting is not just misguided but ludicrous. This is a guy who represents one of the best kinds of sports stories there is in the world: the rise from the bottom, the profound destruction of obstacles, the honest success story built by a foundation of hard work and loving parents. If anyone with a brain took the time to learn about Richard Sherman, and then put him in the context of the rest of the National Football League, he'd be a pretty hard guy to bash.

Firstly, we're talking about a 25-year-old who came out of the streets of Compton, California. Sherman graduated from one of the worst school districts in the United States, one that boasts a high-school graduation rate of 57 percent. In a country where 68 percent of all federal and state inmates are lacking a high school diploma, you could say Sherman avoided a horrifying fate. But to say he "got lucky" or "escaped" would be foolhardy. He didn't "just graduate," either. He finished with a 4.2 GPA, second in his class, and went on to Stanford University, one of the most prestigious places to get an education in the entire world. He busted out in a rocket ship. He went from a world of gang violence and drugs to everything that Palo Alto and Stanford University represent.

And where did Mr. Sherman get the work ethic to put up those grades and make it to a school that offers that kind of education? Probably from his father, Kevin, who has worked in the sanitation department for Los Angeles for more than thirty years. But you won't see that on Sherman's stat sheet, and you definitely won't hear about it when ESPN analysts comment on his post-game interview today. Most interesting, though, is that Sherman's story isn't a big secret. NFL Films has even done a short documentary on "the trash-talking cornerback."

So now, America, let's talk about Richard Sherman in the NFL. Let's talk about the Stanford graduate from Compton who has never been arrested, never cursed in a post-game interview, never been accused of being a dirty player, started his own charitable non-profit, and won an appeal in the only thing close to a smudge on his record.

This past off-season, 31 NFL players were arrested for everything from gun charges and driving under the Influence to murder.

Last year, Kansas City Chiefs player Javon Belcher killed Kasandra Perkins, his girlfriend and the mother of his own child, before taking his own life.

Week in and week out, we sit down in front of our televisions and cheer for these freak athletes to destroy each other's bodies in one of the most brutal games known to man. Most of us probably do it with a beer in our hand, screaming and cursing at our TVs in a desperate hope to change the outcome of the game. We ignore how the NFL's owners use our tax money so freely, and we don't seem to care much about the brain damage retired players suffer from every year.

Yet, when one kid who has overcome everything, one kid who was doubted by the very player he overcame on Sunday, decides to emphatically claim he is the best (by the way: he is), this is what upsets us? Man, could you imagine if this generation had to deal with Muhammad Ali?

Last night, when Richard Sherman went on his rant to Erin Andrews, most of America thought they were learning about the arrogance of another NFL player. But in reality, what Richard Sherman did was teach us about ourselves. He taught us that we're still a country that isn't ready for lower-class Americans from neighborhoods like Compton to succeed. We're still a country that can't decipher a person's character. But most of all, he taught us that no matter what you overcome in your life, we're still a country that can't accept someone if they're a little louder, a little prouder, or a little different from the people we surround ourselves with.

In the words of the great Richard Sherman, there is only one question: You mad, bro?

What Richard Sherman Taught Us About America | Isaac Saul

Right on.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone focused on his interview. I honestly didn't think of his interview is all that bad. He was jumping about all excited when saying it, hell it sounded like he was about to cry. But if he would have said those exact same words all professor like. I think only niner fans would have thought it was a bad interview.
My thing was his going around to the niner players after they knew they were gonna win giving them the choke sign. That is what I thought was the tasteless punk move. That niner lineman should have smashed him.

I agree with what you wrote- it was more the style and history, accompanied with the comments.

It was slapping Crabtree on the ass and getting in his face after the game moments before the tirade. It was slapping Harbaugh on the ass, and instantly turning and running straight to the media in Week 2 saying Harbaugh had no Sportsmanship. It was getting in Tom Brady's face after beating them. It was berating Skip Bayless moments into an interview. Its throwing up the choke sign to a team he just beat. It just keeps happening with this guy.

When things are going great, and he is playing great (he is), and the team is going to the Super Bowl, its easy to look past these things. However, when things turn the other way, when he starts to slip, hes going to look around and feel pretty lonely due to all the bridges he burned. There are not going to be many hands reaching out to slow his fall. His immaturity will catch up to him IF he does not grow up soon.

Anyways this time I'm actually done with this thread this time. Sherman didn't kill anyone, hes not a terrible person, and the word "thug" definitely does not apply here- but he is very immature and should show much more class in victory or defeat.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman or Jim Harbaugh?

Being a fan of a team with it's own douchebag former coach, I know a thing or two about shitty antics on the field/sideline. So with all the talk about Sherman after his actions after the game, many people are forgetting about the way Harbaugh always acts on the sidelines. It seems as if every call is horrendous and his players never do anything wrong.

So with that…..who is worse?

richard-sherman-choke.jpg

OR

720457198.gif

Ha ha! Harbaugh look slike my daughter when she ws three and didn't get here way. In what other profession can you behave this way and still keep your job? Only in America. Too funny

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, and the post game interview he sounded low rent. The interview was ridiculous, but kinda funny.