• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who would be a good fit for Fields?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think SF for NYG. Shanahan or Daboll would make out the things he does well

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desmond Ridder with another gem

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I think Cousins fits much better in Atlanta than Fields. I could see Fields land somewhere to be a backup next year.

That's a big difference in salary though. Depends on what they're willing to spend, as they're projected to have $36M in cap space next year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree, but with the RB/WR/TE options already in place I don't see why the Falcons would set their sights so low on a QB.

$36M in cap space for next year won't get Cousins, would have to make moves to clear enough cap.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what TH gets paid,but JF has another year on his rookie contract....

My dumb team most likely has never thought if it.....

Fields walks as a free agent after next season, if not pushes for a move sooner if Chicago tries to Taysom him.

Hill averages $10M, nowhere near enough to retain Fields.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say build a team around him. Go draft Marvin Harrison Jr., get some FA help and build that defense into a Baltimore type force. If you build that defense so the offense doesn't have to put up 30 points a game, and you surround him with talent, I bet he could be a good, serviceable QB that could win you a championship. Granted, he is not going to be a Mahomes that can carry an entire offense on his back, but if you build around him, he could be a good QB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised that no one has thrown the Seahawks name into the thick of things here as a good fit for the Hawks... Since Carroll has been here in Seattle, all our starting QB's have been black once Hasselback was replaced... T. Jackson; Russell Wilson; Geno Smith... ;)

I've seen Seattle mentioned, but I don't really see it. If there's competition for his services via trade, Seattle doesn't have a 2nd rounder. I think Seattle is better off targeting someone like Nix, Penix, or McCarthy if they fall to them in the 1st.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say build a team around him. Go draft Marvin Harrison Jr., get some FA help and build that defense into a Baltimore type force. If you build that defense so the offense doesn't have to put up 30 points a game, and you surround him with talent, I bet he could be a good, serviceable QB that could win you a championship. Granted, he is not going to be a Mahomes that can carry an entire offense on his back, but if you build around him, he could be a good QB.

I think Harrison is poor usage of assets for the Bears. They already have DJ Moore, so getting Harrison either makes him the #2 or makes Moore the #2. To date this season, the #2 WR has fewer than 4 targets per game in the Bears' offense. Unless they are going to overhaul their system to pass more (and does Fields fit such a system?), Harrison isn't a great fit (same with Brock Bowers). The Bears also have improving OTs already (Braxton Jones and Darnell Wright), so unless they're going to move them inside (or draft an early LT to move him inside) or make some trades, that's not a great fit either. Jones made the all rookie team last year, and Wright was the #10 pick this year.

IMO, the best usage of their 2 high 1st rounders looks like QB at #1 then defense IMO, unless they want to trade down (at least with the #1).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just overpaid Geno....

Jim Carrey Alrighty Then GIF by Ace Ventura

Ehh, not really a problem. They can get out of that contract for $17.4M in dead cap this spring.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think SF for NYG. Shanahan or Daboll would make out the things he does well

Shanahan wants a game manager and has one on the (extreme) cheap in Purdy for at least 2 more years.

Daboll's "genius" is certainly being questioned after this awful season and they're stuck with Jones for at least one more season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan wants a game manager and has one on the (extreme) cheap in Purdy for at least 2 more years.
Man, I’m starting to go the other way on this idea. I think Purdy is more than a game manager.
Daboll's "genius" is certainly being questioned after this awful season and they're stuck with Jones for at least one more season.
I think they can swallow a big nut on Jones and be done with him this year. I may be off. Either way, I think Giants likely draft their QB of the future with their 1st round pick this year and then he either starts or he sits behind Jones for a year before taking over. I think it’s clear though that the Giants are essentially moving on from Jones.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,156.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They need to address the WR's. Not saying Jones is the answer but all he has is Waller really....to catch the ball. His WR's are garbage for the most part.

But, they could draft a QB to replace him and go after a WR or 2 in FA.

But, I'm not familiar with their salary cap situation.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Purdy is a game manager LMAO? Ok....