• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who would be a good fit for Fields?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a perfect fit and certainly isn't a gunslinger or rushing threat. What would you call him?
Quality starter.

I think he is a step above Jimmy G for sure so thats probably where you can differentiate game manager from quality starter.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to address the WR's. Not saying Jones is the answer but all he has is Waller really....to catch the ball. His WR's are garbage for the most part.

But, they could draft a QB to replace him and go after a WR or 2 in FA.

But, I'm not familiar with their salary cap situation.
Hyatt has actually looked really good with Devito. Devito is garbage. I don’t know that you can even assess the Giants weapons with Jones at this point.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a perfect fit and certainly isn't a gunslinger or rushing threat. What would you call him?
I’m ready to call him a top 10 QB. Maybe even higher than that. I could be selling him short still.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they can swallow a big nut on Jones and be done with him this year. I may be off. Either way, I think Giants likely draft their QB of the future with their 1st round pick this year and then he either starts or he sits behind Jones for a year before taking over. I think it’s clear though that the Giants are essentially moving on from Jones.

First of all, ewww lol. Jones' dead cap after this season would be $69M, don't see that happening. It's $22MM after next season.

They could go QB and sit him a year, but they're currently at 6. If they don't trade up, it could be the 3rd or 4th QB that falls to them. Chicago, New England, and the Cards slot (and Bears 2nd pick slot) could all be QBs.

You're not a DeVito believer? (Neither am I, lol).

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Seattle mentioned, but I don't really see it. If there's competition for his services via trade, Seattle doesn't have a 2nd rounder. I think Seattle is better off targeting someone like Nix, Penix, or McCarthy if they fall to them in the 1st.
I totally agree and would even be okay with them trading up a few spots if needed. There's going to be a few teams thinking about drafting QB so it will depend on where Seattle finishes but we may not have the luxury of wait and see if one falls to us.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m ready to call him a top 10 QB. Maybe even higher than that. I could be selling him short still.

With the 10 range being someone like Stafford, Goff, or Cousins, I could see that. I don't think he's a direct fit for other teams though. He's not asked to do a lot, as the Niners are strong across the board on both sides of the ball.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great QB. Joe Montana and Drew Brees can't throw it as far or run as fast as Brett Favre or Josh Allen. I'll still take the former

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to address the WR's. Not saying Jones is the answer but all he has is Waller really....to catch the ball. His WR's are garbage for the most part.

But, they could draft a QB to replace him and go after a WR or 2 in FA.

But, I'm not familiar with their salary cap situation.

They have a team full of slots and 4s IMO. They tried for a #1 with Golladay and failed miserably. Even Waller was woefully underused prior to his injury.

Reactions: DJ

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I’m starting to go the other way on this idea. I think Purdy is more than a game manager.

I think they can swallow a big nut on Jones and be done with him this year. I may be off. Either way, I think Giants likely draft their QB of the future with their 1st round pick this year and then he either starts or he sits behind Jones for a year before taking over. I think it’s clear though that the Giants are essentially moving on from Jones.
I agree, which begs the question as to why they didn't use the FT on Jones in the first place. Something everybody with half a brain was saying from the start. Such a poorly run organization, it's beyond stupidity.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyatt has actually looked really good with Devito. Devito is garbage. I don’t know that you can even assess the Giants weapons with Jones at this point.
Hyatt?

Blind squirrel found a nut with his 1 game where he had 6 catches for 109 yards.

His other 11 games.....12 catches.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a team full of slots and 4s IMO. They tried for a #1 with Golladay and failed miserably. Even Waller was woefully underused prior to his injury.
Yep.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waller leads the team with 36 receptions, tied with Robinson I believe.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great QB. Joe Montana and Drew Brees can't throw it as far or run as fast as Brett Favre or Josh Allen. I'll still take the former

He isn't remotely as good as any of those four, if that's what you're implying.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to try and speculate on what Purdy will or won't be but I do think he has one important asset going for him and that is between the ears. Not going to wow people with his arm strength or 4.4 speed or any of that but definitely has poise and smarts, imo. And he will make the plays that are there for him. A good team can win a championship with a guy like that.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't remotely as good as any of those four, if that's what you're implying.
How the Hell do you know that? At the same point in his career he is playing as well as any of them. If he looked like Mahomes or Allen you would be jizzing yourself talking about how great he is

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the Hell do you know that? At the same point in his career he is playing as well as any of them. If he looked like Mahomes or Allen you would be jizzing yourself talking about how great he is

I agree with you on this. Nobody knows for sure how it will play out. In 1981 nobody other than the 49ers thought they would beat the Cowboys in the NFC championship game, then go on to face the Bengals and win that. In fact just about everyone was expecting Cowboys vs Chargers. Then nobody really saw Montana winning 3 more. Is he going to look like Mahommes, no and he doesn't have to and neither does anybody else.

Basically, looking pretty and being a poster boy isn't important in the grand scheme of things. Winning and making the plays to win are what matters, everything else is just noise and fanboys stroking themself.