• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who won relocation: Rams, Chargers or Raiders

Which team has the best relocation

• Chargers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rams

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Raiders

Votes: 30 66.7%
  • Your mom

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It tends to be a pretty cheap airline ticket to Vegas, so I see lots of visiting fans in the seats, but that pays the bills as opposed to the shit deal they had in Oakland. From a business standpoint, making money off the fans in the seats is better than splitting it with Alemeda county.

The tickets might not cost much but quite a hassle to get there. You have to still travel to the airport and get on a plane so it is a more time consuming. Fans might travel for a game or two from Oakland but I can't imagine them doing this often.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders. Upgraded stadium, less regional competition.

The Rams are drowning in stadium costs and fan support is heavily determined by how well they do on the field.

The Chargers? No one gives a fuck about the Chargers.

Stadium cost is not a Rams thing; it's a Kroenke thing. He's got some money in his immediate family, no worries there. He will be raking in the cash once the development is complete, including rent from the Chargers.

The Raiders screw things up wherever they go. Until they prove that wrong, they can't be the winners here. Vegas is a pretty loaded situation to assume it goes smoothly.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stadium cost is not a Rams thing; it's a Kroenke thing. He's got some money in his immediate family, no worries there. He will be raking in the cash once the development is complete, including rent from the Chargers.

The Raiders screw things up wherever they go. Until they prove that wrong, they can't be the winners here. Vegas is a pretty loaded situation to assume it goes smoothly.

I'm going to disagree with you. The Raiders have a much more ingrained fan base than the Rams. They're moving to a place that the don't have the competition for sports entertainment money. Their brand blows away the Rams brand nationally. You can believe what you want, but you'll see the Raider stadium sold out longer than the Rams....you can bank on that

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are moving into a palace next season, the best stadium in football. It will be the premiere go to spot for the West Coast. It also nice to see the Rams owner Kroenke footing the bill. It's seems just a matter of time before the Chargers go elsewhere. Kroenke will be making a lot more money than bowlcut Davis.

$5-6 billion is a lot of coin...at least local taxpayers are not footing the bill, but the venue must be multi-purpose to get max return on the investment.

The new dome in ATL, has held a SB, CFB playoff game, will get a Final Four. The Rams will get multiple SBs and they have the Chargers as a tenant, but a lot more has to happen before Kroenke is in the black with this move.

I think the Raiders will fare the best.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to disagree with you. The Raiders have a much more ingrained fan base than the Rams. They're moving to a place that the don't have the competition for sports entertainment money. Their brand blows away the Rams brand nationally. You can believe what you want, but you'll see the Raider stadium sold out longer than the Rams....you can bank on that

Sold out doesn't mean as much as actual ticket sales, due to differing capacity. The Rams are averaging 71K per home game, while the Raiders are averaging 52K (29th in the league), both about 93% of capacity. Their average road attendance is more or less equal as well (69.7K to 68.7K in favor of Oakland). Allegiant's capacity will only be 65K, whereas SoFi will be 70K (and expandable to 100K for special events, such as the Super Bowl, Olympics, and World Cup - all of which are already on the schedule).

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capacity of Sofi stadium: 70,240 (expandable to 100,240 for Super Bowls, WrestleMania events, FIFA World Cups, Summer Olympics, and other major events)

Upcoming events
  • Super Bowl LVI 2022
  • College Football National Championship 2023
  • Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games 2023

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the Raiders aren't going to be last in revenue much longer.
Perhaps he'll go all out Vegas and get a Siegfried and Roy do
amd-siegfriedroy-jpg.jpg

I'd say, with Roy, that is the work of a Bengal, but they suck right now.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 55% of season tickets sold for Rams :pound:

Only 35% of season tickets sold for Chargers :pound::pound:

Place is going to resemble Chernobyl :pound::pound::pound:

And the NFL thought that a college football and pro basketball city (in addition to being full of front-running, bandwagon fans anyways) would just take pro football back immediately and take on two teams.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders, easily, IMO. I feel bad for Oakland fans, but Las Vegas is perfect for the Raiders. Fits their outlaw image. The LA Raiders fans don't have to go far to get to Vegas. Oakland fans can get there quickly by plane. A lot of people like going to Vegas anyway, and watching an NFL game could be on their to do list, especially if their team is playing the Raiders.

Because most of the people who are citizens in Oakland are known for being able to fly 8 times a year.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders, IMO. They are now moving to a state where there will be no rival teams, a city with no prior NFL team and getting a new stadium. Of course, we are talking about the Raiders, so I have no doubt that they will still manage to FUBAR it.

True that. Being from Vegas. We got half of Oakland moving out here as well. It's been a wonderful experience.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capacity of Sofi stadium: 70,240 (expandable to 100,240 for Super Bowls, WrestleMania events, FIFA World Cups, Summer Olympics, and other major events)

Upcoming events
  • Super Bowl LVI 2022
  • College Football National Championship 2023
  • Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games 2023

I'm confused. Why would there be Olympic Games in 2023?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correction 2028

LOL. I thought maybe the IOC made a change to the Olympic year. I'm happy that LA is hosting it again. I was living in LA in 1984, but I was only 5.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still too early on this one.

San Diego seemed like a really solid city for the Chargers. The only way they win in a relocation is if they end up going to Mexico City and that ends up being a really big deal. If they stay in LA or go to London then I think they're the clear 3rd place team in this discussion.

I don't even think anyone in STL even cares about the Rams anymore. They'd be third fiddle after the Cardinals and Blues atm and the Rams are going to move into a monster stadium in a massive market in LA and they actually have a fanbase in LA unlike the Chargers. If I'm voting for any team then its probably them. The only downside to the Rams is that Russell Wilson is probably going to be the best player in the NFC for the next 6-10 years so they might not be on the Super Bowl trajectory that looked so promising this time last year. Still, probably a better trajectory than the other two teams so they really should still be able to sell tickets and own that market.

Vegas could be anything. They did get a sweetheart of a deal and no competition but the whole thing is unproven. I get that there is a lot of competition in California but California is where you want to be if you want to make $$$. Vegas still seems like a bit of a wild card.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL decided to have a team outside the US.
Would players that played for that team not have to pay the IRS?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'll go with the Rams.

They have a head start in building a fan base since there were still fans from when they were in LA before and that stadium and more specifically what will be built around it will bring in truck loads of money.

When Staples was first built it was basically an arena in the middle of pawn shops and liquor stores but if you go there now the whole has completely transformed and that's what will happen with the Ram's new stadium.

I do see the Raiders doing really well in Vegas though and they should have no problem making money there.

Chargers are easy losers. They are kinda in a rough spot because San Diego is there ideal home but they didn't want to put up the money for a new stadium and LA is a terrible spot for them because the Rams just moved back, LA and SD are rival cities, and you have a ton of Raider fans still in LA that aren't going to support the Chargers at all.