• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

who will be fired tomorrow?

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I hope tampa comes in and smokes em.

This quote here has me completely pissed.
Trestman said the issues Cutler continues to experience in games are "not showing up" during practices, which is alarming for the coach.
"As I said, that's been the most disturbing thing that those things are not showing up in practice, and they certainly didn't last week."

No shit they don't show up. Your daily practicing is against a JUCO level(at BEST) Defense.

Seriously, your confused about that?

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I firmly believe the Bears have one more win this season and that comes in two weeks against Tampa. So if true, what will a 4-12 record do for us?

The rational mind would suggest a complete coaching change on both sides of the ball, a new team president, and new GM. Cutler has to go. I know the defense sucks balls, but the offense is just as bad. So fuck him. I would pick up a QB first round, and if the Bears do finish 4-12 they would likely have a great college talent in their lap. I know it means a few years of rebuilding, but it sure as hell is better than a few more years of CFL bullshit.

That's just it. It will take a few years to rebuild IF we want to do it right.

This team is in deep, deep trouble and the "win now" strategy on drafting and free agency should be thrown out the window. As a matter of fact, we should look at this time of massive failures across the board as an opportunity for a fresh start.

I would love to see the Bears front office to engage in moves that help this team in the long term instead of approaching these problems with a "Band-Aid" mentality.

Who do I fire for this fresh start? Ted Phillips, Phil Emery, Mel Tucker, DeCamillas (don't know his first name, don't want to know his first name), and last, but not least, Jay Cutler. I'm probably in the minority that Trestman is a legit coach with a lot to offer.

Oh yeah, and Jared Allen and Lamarr Houston can suck the D as well.

Clean house. Get a new QB and then start building this team from the inside out with good, young players. I would love to watch a team being built from scratch for the next few years with the knowledge that there is a credible strategy for improvement in place.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you're talkin about the bears and jets [owners] firing their H-C's today/tomorrow = fa-ggetta-bout-tit,....too much $$$ for these cheap owners to di$h-out.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I hope tampa comes in and smokes em.

This quote here has me completely pissed.

No shit they don't show up. Your daily practicing is against a JUCO level(at BEST) Defense.

Seriously, your confused about that?

When I was watching the game last night, I swear I thought the same thing about our D. How can they be so poor at defending the pass when they scrimmage against an offense with Marshall, Bennett, and Jeffery many times a week?

But with Mel Tucker in charge, the defense is nothing more than just a bunch of dudes wearing matching shirts and pants running around on the field.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it. It will take a few years to rebuild IF we want to do it right.

This team is in deep, deep trouble and the "win now" strategy on drafting and free agency should be thrown out the window. As a matter of fact, we should look at this time of massive failures across the board as an opportunity for a fresh start.

I would love to see the Bears front office to engage in moves that help this team in the long term instead of approaching these problems with a "Band-Aid" mentality.

Who do I fire for this fresh start? Ted Phillips, Phil Emery, Mel Tucker, DeCamillas (don't know his first name, don't want to know his first name), and last, but not least, Jay Cutler. I'm probably in the minority that Trestman is a legit coach with a lot to offer.

Oh yeah, and Jared Allen and Lamarr Houston can suck the D as well.

Clean house. Get a new QB and then start building this team from the inside out with good, young players. I would love to watch a team being built from scratch for the next few years with the knowledge that there is a credible strategy for improvement in place.

Ok, I see the logic in that. But tell me, who's gonna take that 4-5 year (GM and Coach)deal when he knows he's going to get the short end of that stick?

Your not just talking GM/coaches/certain players. Your talking support staff, scouting, front office as well.

Scorched Earth sounds good, until you realize that you got to live there afterwords.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I see the logic in that. But tell me, who's gonna take that 4-5 year (GM and Coach)deal when he knows he's going to get the short end of that stick?

Your not just talking GM/coaches/certain players. Your talking support staff, scouting, front office as well.

Scorched Earth sounds good, until you realize that you got to live there afterwords.

You can label it "scorched-earth" if you wish. Others may lablel it "new hope" or "new beginning" or "new chapter," which isn't a bad name considering the chapter we are in.

Even if you want to call it "scorched-earth," how can it be any worse than it is right now?

In my view, Chicago Bear fans aren't looking for the team to make the playoffs or go to the Super Bowl, they're looking for legitimate, consistent improvement. If the team shows that on a weekly basis, I think the average Bear fan would be less miserable.

Secondly, I think competent leadership in the front office could easily turn this organization around in 2-3 years. I must emphasize the word "competent."

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earth was beyond scorched the last two games. Felt like watching Coastal Carolina vs the SEC west.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can label it "scorched-earth" if you wish. Others may lablel it "new hope" or "new beginning" or "new chapter," which isn't a bad name considering the chapter we are in.

Even if you want to call it "scorched-earth," how can it be any worse than it is right now?

In my view, Chicago Bear fans aren't looking for the team to make the playoffs or go to the Super Bowl, they're looking for legitimate, consistent improvement. If the team shows that on a weekly basis, I think the average Bear fan would be less miserable.

Secondly, I think competent leadership in the front office could easily turn this organization around in 2-3 years. I must emphasize the word "competent."

True, 2-3 years could be the time frame. You could also be looking at 10-15 as well.

Trading in your old car for a new one. Too bad in this case you don't know what the new one is. could be trading in a Pinto for a 80's era Nova...

Using the "Emery must go" line of thinking, we have no competent leadership above him if they hired him.

The old lady gonna hire someone competent to run the team? Ted Phillips going to hire his replacement?

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so no one got canned today?

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, 2-3 years could be the time frame. You could also be looking at 10-15 as well.

Trading in your old car for a new one. Too bad in this case you don't know what the new one is. could be trading in a Pinto for a 80's era Nova...

Using the "Emery must go" line of thinking, we have no competent leadership above him if they hired him.

The old lady gonna hire someone competent to run the team? Ted Phillips going to hire his replacement?

There are probably a ton of ways to get this done, but just from off the top of my head, I would hire a crew of "football experts" for a short term contract to help rebuild your organization. Once they get a president and GM in place, the job is done and the new GM would take over.

And no, even with that approach there are no guarantees, but it would be a good start.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beardown07- said something up there ^ that made me think... "ooh Shiny" as in the shiny new penny... We all KNEW it was time to let Angelo go...Hired Emery= a no experience GM ala glorified head scout. Then a majority (at the time) thought it was time to fire Lovie...(me included) So our glorified head scout hired a carbon copy of himself- Trestman... I thought it would work. It showed promise in some aspects... It's not working. SO:
Are we just looking for next shiny penny? What confidence do you have they will get it right this time? With all my positive Cutler Backing/hoping that Trestman would be THEE Offensive coaching staff that I was hoping for... my hope is now @ 1%.... Why 1%...is because after today's press conferences I don't see Trestman fired at the end of the season. And I can't go 18 months without some shred of hope.

I see Tucker gone for sure. And Bears brass linking Trestman and Jay together for at least another year. Next year we will get a new DC... and probably all new Defensive coaches. but
If we see another 50 point output from an opponent- (Saints anyone? hell Detroit and Cowboys too)They will have no choice but to fire Trestman.

The Shiny Penny- is so alluring but I'm not sure we are really going to want it- unless we find the NFL version of Theo Epstein as the man behind the curtain. (is there an up and comer in GM ranks with New England? Denver? Seattle? GB?... any inters?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are probably a ton of ways to get this done, but just from off the top of my head, I would hire a crew of "football experts" for a short term contract to help rebuild your organization. Once they get a president and GM in place, the job is done and the new GM would take over.

And no, even with that approach there are no guarantees, but it would be a good start.

Didn't they hire a "search firm" to help hire Angelo? And I if I'm not mistaken did the same for Emery... If you can find "football experts" why not just hire them?

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so no one got canned today?

Nope, just more of the same bullshit lip service. Jay has to play better, we have the right people in the right places, we had a great week of practice, blah blah blah. The FO and coaching staff has once again shown themselves to be completely incompetent. But I'll keep watching this team every Sunday, because I'm a fucking sucker.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, just more of the same bullshit lip service. Jay has to play better, we have the right people in the right places, we had a great week of practice, blah blah blah. The FO and coaching staff has once again shown themselves to be completely incompetent. But I'll keep watching this team every Sunday, because I'm a fucking sucker.

Your damn right Cutler has to play better.

I mean, anything less than 75% completion rate and a 5:1 TD/Int ratio and we're gonna lose the game with the way we "Defend" opposing qb's.