• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

who will be fired tomorrow?

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHO

do you think anyone gets the ax tomorrow and if so: who and why?

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should heads roll? IMO yes.

Will they? I will be shocked if they do.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Dirk. I'd be surprised if any changes are made. Expect another "we have the right people in the right places" bullshit interview either this week or next.

bgduece

Kiss my Ass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to fire somebody, the Bears had the highest ticket price increase in the NFL...
They have to show that they are in touch with the fans...this is unacceptable

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to read that Phil Emery, the architect of this redesigned team, has been fired in tomorrow's papers, but I don't think that would go high enough.

This whole experiment for the last few years wreaks of another McCaskey cost cutter.

We can all point to the big money contracts we've written to our "star players," but the fact is we don't go after premiere talent in the front office or on the coaching staff.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tucker should have been let go during the Bye week... I said it last week. At the very least they could have moved forward- I don't think they wanted to admit it was over for this season. But after this shitstorm they can fire him knowing nothing will cure the defense except a complete overhaul. It would also show the players they need to put something on film for next year in order to keep a micro spec of hope for their job- either in Chicago or elsewhere.
Also I do think they have someone who could take over- and have a somewhat of a voice they would listen too in Pasqualoni... his resume isn't fantastic, but it's better then Tuckers- Cowboys and Dolphins DC. When they were at least halfway decent. Take it from there a new voice is always going to be better then Tuckers same BS. Name him Interim DC.
Then look who pops up in the offseason. As shitty as this season has become. In the NFL you can turn it around in a year. As insane as that sounds now.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing should have been done at halftime.

Emery needs to do something, even if its taking play calling away from Trestman. You are paying an OC, let him give the play calling a try from the birds nest where they can see what teams are doing against them. At least that would show there is some concern about leadership.

Da Coach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to read that Phil Emery, the architect of this redesigned team, has been fired in tomorrow's papers, but I don't think that would go high enough.

This whole experiment for the last few years wreaks of another McCaskey cost cutter.

We can all point to the big money contracts we've written to our "star players," but the fact is we don't go after premiere talent in the front office or on the coaching staff.

Bingo.

The McCaskeys, if they're truly serious about a winning football team, need to bring in football people to run the team. A beancounter like Ted Phillips is not the answer.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo.

The McCaskeys, if they're truly serious about a winning football team, need to bring in football people to run the team. A beancounter like Ted Phillips is not the answer.

Agreed, but they've seemed content to have Phillips running the show up to now, and they have a Super Bowl and NFC title game appearance to delude them into thinking Phillips is at least on the right track.

Who knows how much uglier it would need to get for Virginia & Co. to actually replace Phillips. I aways thought he was there to run the team, but more importantly protect the family's financial interests. If that's what they're most concerned with, Phillips isn't going anyplace anytime soon.

In the meantime, show Mel Tucker the door today. The D is literally historically bad at this point; it's not like there's a downside to letting him go now.

Da Coach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but they've seemed content to have Phillips running the show up to now, and they have a Super Bowl and NFC title game appearance to delude them into thinking Phillips is at least on the right track.

Who knows how much uglier it would need to get for Virginia & Co. to actually replace Phillips. I aways thought he was there to run the team, but more importantly protect the family's financial interests. If that's what they're most concerned with, Phillips isn't going anyplace anytime soon.

In the meantime, show Mel Tucker the door today. The D is literally historically bad at this point; it's not like there's a downside to letting him go now.

When the fannies are not in the seats, the McCaskey's financial interest is directly assaulted. Factor in that there is no hope and said fannies may remain out of the seats and perhaps they're compelled to make a move. Wishful thinking I'm sure but it's OK to daydream, right?

Firing Tucker is temporary gratification albeit small potatoes. We need to clip higher up the chain.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the fannies are not in the seats, the McCaskey's financial interest is directly assaulted. Factor in that there is no hope and said fannies may remain out of the seats and perhaps they're compelled to make a move. Wishful thinking I'm sure but it's OK to daydream, right?

Firing Tucker is temporary gratification albeit small potatoes. We need to clip higher up the chain.

At this point, even some temporary gratification would be good.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Melman...the theory of firing Phillips sounds great and all, and I'm all for it...to hold me over til then, Tucker HAS. TO GO.

This is not a coincidence, it is a pattern. This guy has been responsible for arguably the worst D in the league, for.....5 STRAIGHT SEASONS!!!!

That is epically bad.

Da Coach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'll be happy with any firing. I just think we need to think bigger because that's where the real change will happen.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one will be fired until Virginia and Mike are hit where it matters.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat of the fucking day...

The Bears are the first team to allow back-to-back 50-plus games, since the Rochester fucking Jeffersons of 1923.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucker should be kicking cans down the road this morning.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, its trestman. cannot have a buy week and two weeks to prepare for a game and be this lost.

I think it was late in the second quarter, green bay was up 35-0, werent running out the clock passing to pile it on more, the play clock was expiring, Rodgers called a time out. Went to the sideline, before they snapped the ball, the bears had to call a time out. That shows a team that is completely lost.

Yes, two games against teams that might meet in the superbowl are bad, what happens when we struggle against Minny at home next week?

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they stay coaching together for a long time in Chicago :)

But I do agree, you can't lose like you did 3 weeks ago, have a bye and then have that type of performance. Yes, the Bears have issues, every team has some problem. Some bigger than others, but it's not like the Bears are without talent. They have some very good players. I suspect they don't have very good coaches.

But I also disagree the Packers were "piling" on points. I don't care who you are, or what the score is. Taking your foot off the gas before the end of the first half is stupid especially against a team that has Martellus, Alshon, Marshall and Forte as offensive weapons. You run your offense and then start replacing players around the 4th quarter.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think no one gets fired this week.

When the NFL schedule was released, I'm betting most Bears fans, even with preseason high hopes, were cringing when they saw the team had to visit Foxboro and Lambeau in back-to-back games.

Fast forward, the next two games are at home against the Vikings and Buccaneers. Now if the Bears get smoked by either of those teams at home, someone is getting fired immediately. My guess is the Bears play two close games and win at least one of those, providing a false sense of hope to the organization, [some] fans & media that they've righted the ship.