• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is your favorite to win the NFC East This Upcoming Season?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez sucked. It is addition by subtraction. He was not an NFL caliber WR last year at all. They would have been a better team last year if Dez got hurt and missed most of the year. He destroyed the flow of the offense and couldn't catch the ball. He wasn't even double teamed so it's not like he helped the other players in that regard. I like the 3rd rounder and think he will be good, but this has nothing to do with him. And you absolutely do not need a "#1" WR in the NFL. Dallas will run the ball and it will open up the PAP and they will spread out more, play 4 WR sets, have much more speed on the field and some guys that can stretch the field and instead of everyone clogging the middle of the field there will be more guys open than last year.
People think Dallas is trying to replace 2014 Dez, and they are ignoring the fact Witten has steadily put up lesser numbers for a few years now. I don't think any Cowboys fans have said it will be easy to replace both, but it's no where near as difficult as some others what the world to believe.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People think Dallas is trying to replace 2014 Dez, and they are ignoring the fact Witten has steadily put up lesser numbers for a few years now. I don't think any Cowboys fans have said it will be easy to replace both, but it's no where near as difficult as some others what the world to believe.

Witten production won't be missed too much, his leadership will be greatly missed. But I think most of his leadership was spent trying to keep Dez in check. Witten still was a good TE, but also a false start machine and had a knack for getting 1 less yard on 3rd down than we needed.

Dez just couldn't be relied on anymore. It's been funny to watch the NFCE competitor fans go from "Dez isn't good anymore" to "how are you going to replace an all pro like Dez".

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but I'm hearing he still can't block.
That’s why Witten will be missed. Probably one of the best blocking te’s in the league and a security blanket for the qb

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why Witten will be missed. Probably one of the best blocking te’s in the league and a security blanket for the qb
In his career, absolutely. An incredible player all around. But again, last year, not quite so much. what the team will miss from Witten most at this point is the leadership, the confidence of knowing he is on the field and being a key guy to go to in clutch situations. The blocking wasn't as great last year and getting open was getting tougher and tougher. He mostly just set his big ass up and put the defender on his hip like Moses Malone last year. Still effective but not the player he was a couple of years ago. But going to miss him

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his career, absolutely. An incredible player all around. But again, last year, not quite so much. what the team will miss from Witten most at this point is the leadership, the confidence of knowing he is on the field and being a key guy to go to in clutch situations. The blocking wasn't as great last year and getting open was getting tougher and tougher. He mostly just set his big ass up and put the defender on his hip like Moses Malone last year. Still effective but not the player he was a couple of years ago. But going to miss him

Moses Malone... the most underrated all time great. Named my bull mastiff after him.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that will not happen take a closer look at his stats. His successful games were mostly against much weaker opponents

stats tell the whole story... Its not like I've watched every play of his college career or anything.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is you will get to wait at least another year, because he isn't ripping anything with a QB no one respects and an OL that can't block.

swing passes are Eli's specialty.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,803.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People underestimate the talent level on Washington. The D has some talent including Ryan Kerrigan, Josh Norman and Jonathan Allen. They also have some talent on the OL including Brandon Scherff and Trent Williams. If Derrius Guice becomes the player he is capable of being in the NFL, they will be pretty solid.

If Allen stays healthy the run D should be greatly improved with the addition of Payne. That was their biggest weakness last year so that should help them. Not saying that they will be contenders but have a good shot of being improved even w/o Cousins.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stats tell the whole story... Its not like I've watched every play of his college career or anything.
Ohh okay then so you know he's a bit overrated.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Trent is a star!
*Scherff is good.
*Love love love Reed but he’s always hurt. Pick him in fantasy every year.
*Kerrigan is good but fucking guy is HOF good when he plays Philly. Biggest Eagle killer I can think of now.
Never heard of Zach Brown
*The DT from Alabama was balling til he got hurt.

Still think they are the worst in the division

Well - we will see. Kerrigan does damage against a lot more teams than the Eagles. He almost always has at or near double digit sacks in spite of practically being mugged every time he rushes the passer. Brown has been among the lead leaders in tackles for the last several years & is a force when healthy. And again the pairing of Allen & Payne could have a real impact. Oh well - most fans don't really have a clue about the talent on other teams (that includes me) so I understand where you are coming from on this one.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak without Witten will be embarrassing.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - we will see. Kerrigan does damage against a lot more teams than the Eagles. He almost always has at or near double digit sacks in spite of practically being mugged every time he rushes the passer. Brown has been among the lead leaders in tackles for the last several years & is a force when healthy. And again the pairing of Allen & Payne could have a real impact. Oh well - most fans don't really have a clue about the talent on other teams (that includes me) so I understand where you are coming from on this one.

Got one of those football preview mags and it had Brown as one of the top 10 LBers in the league. I wasn’t familiar with him but he evidently is good. I’ll keep my eye out for him.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak without Witten will be embarrassing.

We will see how Dak adapts. I’m high on Dallas cause of the line play on both sides of the ball. I don’t understand how some Cowboy fans think the receivers will be better. If they had better options then Dez and Witten they would have incorporated them.
I’m guessing the QB play in the entire NFC East drops this season. No Cousins, Wentz’s injury, Daks lack of receiving weapons.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see how Dak adapts. I’m high on Dallas cause of the line play on both sides of the ball. I don’t understand how some Cowboy fans think the receivers will be better. If they had better options then Dez and Witten they would have incorporated them.
I’m guessing the QB play in the entire NFC East drops this season. No Cousins, Wentz’s injury, Daks lack of receiving weapons.
What were saying is 2017 Dez and Witten wont ne as hard to replace as some are suggesting.
Think about it this way. If Dez was such an important piece, wouldn't another team swooped in and signed him by now?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were saying is 2017 Dez and Witten wont ne as hard to replace as some are suggesting.
Think about it this way. If Dez was such an important piece, wouldn't another team swooped in and signed him by now?

cap hit * talent / headache ratio always comes into play