• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is your current MVP? Pre-Week 15.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think if u take Mahomes off the Chiefs they would be a .500 team., maybe worse
I dont know about that.
Didnt the Chiefs win with that one guy when Mahomes missed a couple games?
Not only is the team a good team, but excellent coaching.
Alex Smith was in the running for MVP for a long time his last year there.

So they may not be Superbowl favorites without Mahomes. But .500 club?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about that.
Didnt the Chiefs win with that one guy when Mahomes missed a couple games?
Not only is the team a good team, but excellent coaching.
Alex Smith was in the running for MVP for a long time his last year there.

So they may not be Superbowl favorites without Mahomes. But .500 club?

I think they are decent. He has Kelce. Look at how many close games they have had.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we're going to bring in more nerd stats to try to prove out point...good times...except it's Hurts and it's really not close
I disagree now. Mahomes doesn’t have much around him. That’s a really shitty defense.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give any consideration to Tua at this point... Tyreek Hill is the reason he's looked good imo... I think Hill definitely should get considerations...

Hurts
Mahomes
Hill

would be my top 3
Tua is #2 in both qb rating and qbr. #5 in qb index. Hes been good.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Burrow took a step back this weekend. Looks like it is a run away with Hurts and Mahomes now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Burrow took a step back this weekend. Looks like it is a run away with Hurts and Mahomes now.
It’s Mahomes now. It won’t have much to do with the two players. Mahomes has no help. His defense is poor, his running game is marginal. Mahomes is MVP because the Eagles crafted a more complete roster.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s Mahomes now. It won’t have much to do with the two players. Mahomes has no help. His defense is poor, his running game is marginal. Mahomes is MVP because the Eagles crafted a more complete roster.
Eagles can craft a more complete roster because they are not paying their QB $40 million dollars yet.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles can craft a more complete roster because they are not paying their QB $40 million dollars yet.
Lowkey the Chiefs struck out on all their big moves while Mahomes was cheap outside of Mathieu. Clark, Hitchens, and Sammy Watkins were all very expensive swings and misses. Their best value adds were guys through the draft and/or through (inexpensive) trades like Ward. They basically squandered the cheap cap hits under Mahomes and still made two SB's, and won one.

3rd in SB odds in a soft rebuild year as of typing this. A Buffalo loss away from likely being the favorite outright. Pretty funny given the offseason narratives.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowkey the Chiefs struck out on all their big moves while Mahomes was cheap outside of Mathieu. Clark, Hitchens, and Sammy Watkins were all very expensive swings and misses. Their best value adds were guys through the draft and/or through (inexpensive) trades like Ward. They basically squandered the cheap cap hits under Mahomes and still made two SB's, and won one.

3rd in SB odds in a soft rebuild year as of typing this. A Buffalo loss away from likely being the favorite outright. Pretty funny given the offseason narratives.
You referring to KC's loss to Buffalo earlier in the year?

Cincinnati is one injured long snapper away from being tied with Buffalo and KC and potentially being in the drivers seat for the #1 seed, while owning the tiebreaker with KC and a chance at owning the tie breaker with Buffalo. One missed extra point on opening day because the backup long snapper who has not snapped since college was forced into action and never gets any practice.

I agree that KC is 1 of 3 teams vying for best in AFC coming down to the end of the regular season. I also think that Miami, Baltimore and the Chargers are no push overs. They are pretty dang good teams, and if the Chargers can get healthy, look out. They could be the Cinderella team this year like Cincinnati was last year. Difference is, every division winner plays outdoors in very cold parts of the country. That puts a team like Los Angeles and Miami at a disadvantage. Where Miami has a little advantage over Los Angeles, their division foes all play in cold weather (NE, NY, Buffalo), so they are used to being in that a bit more.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing about Sammy Watkins is that he actually was a major factor in the SB win even if as a whole he was a miss. Frank Clark also has 8 sacks in the two playoffs where the Chiefs went to the SB.

The rookie QB contract is such a big advantage that its even helps a team even when the GM doesnt nail it

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Sammy Watkins is that he actually was a major factor in the SB win even if as a whole he was a miss. Frank Clark also has 8 sacks in the two playoffs where the Chiefs went to the SB.

The rookie QB contract is such a big advantage that its even helps a team even when the GM doesnt nail it
Yep. Burrow and Chase, when they are up they will be making $80 million a year between the two of them. Cincinnati is going to start losing quality players to accommodate that. They will indeed have to draft very well, constantly providing young, talented, cheap blood into the lineup. If they do not constantly hit on that, we will see how much of a franchise QB Burrow is, because he will have to hoist the team on his shoulders and win in shoot outs with 1 real offensive weapon.

I know the cap is going up, but not enough to accommodate that kind of rise in salaries by key positions.

I can tell you right now that Joe Mixon, Tyler Boyd, and Jesse Bates are going to casualties.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you right now that Joe Mixon, Tyler Boyd, and Jesse Bates are going to casualties.
I wouldn't be stunned if Mixon came back because IIRC every RB in the world is on the market next year. Boyd and Bates gone for sure, though

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be stunned if Mixon came back because IIRC every RB in the world is on the market next year. Boyd and Bates gone for sure, though
I can see Mixon sticking around until the end of his contract, but we will not offer him an updated one. We will go with a cheap alternative once he is gone.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You referring to KC's loss to Buffalo earlier in the year?

Cincinnati is one injured long snapper away from being tied with Buffalo and KC and potentially being in the drivers seat for the #1 seed, while owning the tiebreaker with KC and a chance at owning the tie breaker with Buffalo. One missed extra point on opening day because the backup long snapper who has not snapped since college was forced into action and never gets any practice.

I agree that KC is 1 of 3 teams vying for best in AFC coming down to the end of the regular season. I also think that Miami, Baltimore and the Chargers are no push overs. They are pretty dang good teams, and if the Chargers can get healthy, look out. They could be the Cinderella team this year like Cincinnati was last year. Difference is, every division winner plays outdoors in very cold parts of the country. That puts a team like Los Angeles and Miami at a disadvantage. Where Miami has a little advantage over Los Angeles, their division foes all play in cold weather (NE, NY, Buffalo), so they are used to being in that a bit more.
Nope. AFC HFA holder if it's between Buffalo/KC is likely the SB favorite over the Eagles by most indications. Cincy is significantly less likely than either KC/BUFF to get the 1 seed. Most every predictive model I've seen roughly supports that current framework, for now.

538:

Eagles SB Win Odds: 26%
HFA Odds: 98%

Bills SB Win odds: 20%
HFA Odds: 50%

Chiefs SB Win odds: 18%
HFA Odds: 39%

SB Win Odds: 9%
HFA Odds: 11%

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. AFC HFA holder if it's between Buffalo/KC is likely the SB favorite over the Eagles by most indications. Cincy is significantly less likely than either KC/BUFF to get the 1 seed. Most every predictive model I've seen roughly supports that current framework, for now.

538:

Eagles SB Win Odds: 26%
HFA Odds: 98%

Bills SB Win odds: 20%
HFA Odds: 50%

Chiefs SB Win odds: 18%
HFA Odds: 39%

SB Win Odds: 9%
HFA Odds: 11%
Agree on Buffalo but not on KC. The Eagles match up very well vs KC. Eagles likely + 3 vs Buffalo and -1.5 to -2 vs KC.