• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is your current MVP? Pre-Week 15.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you citing PFF? I have a problem with these outlets. They don’t know the protection that was called. They don’t know who is in charge of changing the protection due to the look the defense gives. Pass protection leans heavily on the role of TEs and RBs and that wouldn’t go into their metric. For individual lineman, they don’t know who has what responsibility. They’re taking best guesses. In fact, it wasn’t until the last 2 years or so that PFF actually was able to gain access to the All 22.

On this point we agree: these are two of the best offenses in the NFL and they have two different DNA’s so to speak for how they get the job done.
No, PFF actually is closer to the eyetest on this one than Win Rate on this one. Any Chiefs fan that unironically thinks Brown is a pro-bowl level tackle needs their eyes checked. Win rate does concur with what @Tainthappening is saying. I think I'd strongly disagree as a fan of the team that the OL has been elite.

Brown and Wylie have given up the most pressures in the NFL amongst OT's. Those are the Chiefs starters. Chiefs fans electing Brown to the Pro Bowl is a weird inside joke the fanbase pulled off.

The Chiefs interior OL is as good as any in the NFL. Their OT's are profoundly mediocre, especially in pass pro. How you rank the Chiefs OL would depend how much you weigh OT versus the interior. I think Taint has it backwards on the OL's looking at tape. You'd actually rather run with the Chiefs OL and pass with the Eagles OL, imo.

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, PFF actually is closer to the eyetest on this one than Win Rate on this one. Any Chiefs fan that unironically thinks Brown is a pro-bowl level tackle needs their eyes checked. Win rate does concur with what @Tainthappening is saying. I think I'd strongly disagree as a fan of the team that the OL has been elite.

Brown and Wylie have given up the most pressures in the NFL amongst OT's. Those are the Chiefs starters. Chiefs fans electing Brown to the Pro Bowl is a weird inside joke the fanbase pulled off.

The Chiefs interior OL is as good as any in the NFL. Their OT's are profoundly mediocre, especially in pass pro. How you rank the Chiefs OL would depend how much you weigh OT versus the interior. I think Taint has it backwards on the OL's looking at tape. You'd actually rather run with the Chiefs OL and pass with the Eagles OL, imo.
I look at the OL as a unit. It’s fun conversation to say if I’m running I’m with this group or if I’m passing I’m with this group. The difference in the units for me is some of what you cite. There’s a gap at OT. The interiors are very comparable. The nod on the interior for me goes to the experience of Kelce. Not sure how you judge that but at this point you’re not going to give Kelce a look in the front that he’s never seen before. KC’s interior is legit. Much respect for those guys but at the end of the day I’m going with the guy who can still play but is long in the tooth and brings that experience with him.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at the OL as a unit. It’s fun conversation to say if I’m running I’m with this group or if I’m passing I’m with this group. The difference in the units for me is some of what you cite. There’s a gap at OT. The interiors are very comparable. The nod on the interior for me goes to the experience of Kelce. Not sure how you judge that but at this point you’re not going to give Kelce a look in the front that he’s never seen before. KC’s interior is legit. Much respect for those guys but at the end of the day I’m going with the guy who can still play but is long in the tooth and brings that experience with him.
Definitely can respect that. When and if Jason Kelce goes, Creed Humphrey is probably the consensus #1 Center in the NFL going forward.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely can respect that. When and if Jason Kelce goes, Creed Humphrey is probably the consensus #1 Center in the NFL going forward.
Yeah I like that kid a bunch. This rookie Cam Jurgens from Nebraska is the Eagles heir apparent to Kelce. He showed some promise with a lot of run in the preseason. They’ve utilized him some as a TE in 2 TE sets since Goedert was hurt. The story goes that Kelce was a big piece in the evaluation. He said on his pod that the Eagles came to him and asked him to take a look at center prospects and which guy is most like him and he’s the Kelce choice at center. It’s such an important and yet under valued position around the league. Maybe that’s just me a former OL guy talking.