• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is your current MVP? Pre-Week 15.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already told you. And I’ve been very consistent in criticizing purely analytical analysts in sports.

So when comparing two QB's using their head to head numbers isn't valid? That's basically what you're saying.

You did this same nonsense the last two seasons in the NBA threads with Embiid. Remember last season when the only stat you acknowledged was points per game? You ignored all other head to head numbers.

And last season I mentioned Jokic led the league in double-doubles & trip-dubs. You said that stat didn't count. <---and that's a perfect example of how you only pay attention to the stats when they favor a player you like.

You seem to think 3,843 total yards & 32 total TD's is somehow better than 4,400 total yards & 35 TD's.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you dont think the Eagles roster is good enough to win without MVP level QB play?

Interesting take from an Eagles fan.
No. I'm saying that Jalen Hurts is a big piece of what amounts to a talented roster. He creates opportunities with his skill set that Minshew can not. Additionally, the highest-rated QB in the league from the pocket is Hurts. The guy is doing it from the pocket, outside the pocket, extending drives with his feet, etc... It's dismissive of how well he's playing to offer the idea that the Eagles would be where they are with Minshew.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your record is what your record is, that doesn't mean you are better than a 8-5 or 9-4 team from the opposing conference who has had to play a tougher SOS.

Eagles Schedule

@ Detroit - Eagles win 38-35 (this was week one when Detroit was still trying to figure out how to play football as a team
Minnesota - You beat Minnesota at home. You classify this a good win, but the Vikes have a -1 point differential as a 10-3 team. Only team in NFL history to do that.
@ Washington - Once again, you are a much better team that Washington and this as you say, was before Heineke took over.
Jacksonville - Once again, this is at home against a team that has only recently started playing NFL football the last few weeks.
@ Arizona - Arizona has not been playing good football all year long. Squeeked it out by 3.
Dallas - This was a good solid win, but you were also facing Cooper Rush as he was declining after a fast start.
Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh is starting to play good ball as of late, but they were not at this time.
@ Houston - Worst team in the NFL.
Washington - Lost to a Commanders team that is average and when Heineke had just become starter again.
@ Indy - 1 of the 5 worst teams in football, and you won last second by a point.
Green Bay - Edged out GB, a team that has been a shambles this year.
Tennessee - This was a really good win. Just beat the pants off a good team on your own field.
@ Giants - While I don't classify the Giants as anything more than an average team at best, you beat the crap out of them, so great win.

The only games I classify you having a quality win in: Dallas, Tennessee and @ Giants. A good team like Philly should have a 12-1 record right now against that schedule.

Let's see how you do against Dallas at full strength in two weeks. The other 3 games are worthless against the Saints, Giants and Bears.

If the Bengals win out by chance, they will have had quality wins against:

Kansas City (playoff team fighting for #1 seed)
Buffalo (playoff team fighting for #1 seed)
Miami (playoff team)
New England (potential playoff team)
NY Jets (before being depleted) (potential playoff team)
Baltimore (Playoff team)
Tennessee (Playoff team, but maybe the weakest of this group - who happens to be one of your 3 quality wins)

Yes, this is my personal point of view, but I also believe it is a known fact that the AFC is the stronger conference overall. I am not saying that Hurts doesn't deserve top consideration for MVP right now, but I am also saying, let's see the whole body of work, and the adversity each player had to deal with first before the tally is calculated.

You're putting way too much stock in how much the voters will assess strength of schedule when they vote for MVP... they won't for the most part.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's statistically Mahomes by most every analytical measure and it's not a rational debate. It's not necessarily even close per se.

It's also not an award determined by math. So tentatively Mahomes, Hurts, large gap, Burrow, Allen.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Josh Allen? He's had a very good season so far as well.
Fans doing the dumb handwringing thing they did with him they did with Mahomes last season. He's a top 2-3 QB in the NFL. Anything else is borderline trolling. He'd be #3 for me in the MVP voting right now *despite* the turnovers.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will probably be Hurts if the Eagles win out and he continues to play well. To be clear I think Mahomes is the best QB in the league. Hill or Jefferson have a shot if either breaks the yardage record, but the fact that both of them may probably hurts them both.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BROCK PURDY

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Jalen Hurts to lose, just like it is Bosa's DPOY award.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the NFC East being one of the best divisions in football.

I will bite...

Cannot be another division in the NFC or the AFC South looking at those divisions top to bottom.

That leaves:
- AFC West... but the AFC West is 6-7 vs AFC South... the NFC East is 12-1 vs AFC South
- AFC North.... well the NFC East is presently 3-0 vs AFC North
- Eagles destroyed Steelers (beat Bengals)
- Cowboys beat Bengals
- Giants (you call average team) beat Ravens (you call a playoff team)

Well... I guess that leaves the AFC East... who like the NFC East is playing the NFC North
- AFC East 7-6
- NFC East 10-4

I also believe it is a known fact that the AFC is the stronger conference overall

Stronger conference overall... you do realize the NFC presently holds a 2 game advantage overall vs AFC... thanks to... yes... you guessed it: The NFC East

OK... so who are these better Divisions (plural) than the NFC East?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bite...

Cannot be another division in the NFC or the AFC South looking at those divisions top to bottom.

That leaves:
- AFC West... but the AFC West is 6-7 vs AFC South... the NFC East is 12-1 vs AFC South
- AFC North.... well the NFC East is presently 3-0 vs AFC North
- Eagles destroyed Steelers (beat Bengals)
- Cowboys beat Bengals
- Giants (you call average team) beat Ravens (you call a playoff team)

Well... I guess that leaves the AFC East... who like the NFC East is playing the NFC North
- AFC East 7-6
- NFC East 10-4

Stronger conference overall... you do realize the NFC presently holds a 2 game advantage overall vs AFC... thanks to... yes... you guessed it: The NFC East

OK... so who are these better Divisions (plural) than the NFC East?
there isnt any

NFCE=4 possible playoff teams with #1 NFC team
AFCE=4 possible playoff teams with #2 team
NFCW=2 teams
NFCN 2 teams=yes lions in the hunt
NFCS=1 team by default
AFCW=2 teams
AFCN=2 teams
AFCS=1 team

problem is theres more bad teams than good teams:suds:

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you feel as though the 49ers are the best team in the NFC is irrelevant. Record-wise its the Eagles and Hurts is the best player on said team. He's the MVP.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adjusted EPA/Play

Mahomes: .325
Hurts: .256
Jimmy Garoppolo (lol): .240
Allen: .235
Burrow: .211

This isn't a serious debate on the merits. The media being bored/bad is really the only route for Hurts to MVP based on criteria that belongs in 2002. Then again, Jordan didn't win MVP every year either.

Last edited:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adjusted EPA/Play

Mahomes: .325
Hurts: .256
Jimmy Garoppolo (lol): 240
Allen: 235
Burrow: .211

This isn't a serious debate on the merits. The media being bored/bad is really the only route for Hurts to MVP based on criteria that belongs in 2002. Then again, Jordan didn't win MVP every year either.
what is EPA?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes expanded his EPA/Play lead on all the MVP Contenders

This week's EPA/Play

Mahomes: .39
Allen: .30
Hurts: .17
Burrow: .12
Tua: -.04

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 405.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we're going to bring in more nerd stats to try to prove out point...good times...except it's Hurts and it's really not close

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its kinda obviously close even with conventional stats.