• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the first Head Coach to get Fired?

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have an evil twin on ESPN because that guy raved how it was a great extension....

No I didn't. All I ever did was correct people who thought it was a 5 year contract, telling them it was a 2 yr contract. But he fell hard last season.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan should have already been fired but I doubt it happens.

I disagree he hasnt dont to bad with what he has had and now they are in salary cap hell this year because of the sanctions. I think even if they fall off this year he will at least be given another year with a full Salary cap to use.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn't. All I ever did was correct people who thought it was a 5 year contract, telling them it was a 2 yr contract. But he fell hard last season.

well that happens when your running into OLinemans back sides. :L

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I don't think the reason I want Shanahan fired is the same as yours, but they don't miss the playoffs unless Shanahan gets griffin hurt again.

I don't want him fired, just think he's on the hot seat.
And they could miss the playoffs just as easily as Eagles, Giants or the Cowboys in that division.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree he hasnt dont to bad with what he has had and now they are in salary cap hell this year because of the sanctions. I think even if they fall off this year he will at least be given another year with a full Salary cap to use.

The Seahawks game should have got him fired on the spot. That was sickening.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL will definitely see a coach go before the end of the season.

Shanahan would not have been in my top 10 coaches to go but maybe it's because I am an outsider and don'y follow them everyday. Snyder is a loose cannon with to much money!

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks game should have got him fired on the spot. That was sickening.

It was tough to see Griffin get injured but you dont take your Star QB out if he is able to walk.... This is what I find funny about Fans.... Cutler is a quitter because he was injured in the NFC Championship game but Griffin should have be taken out Shannahan probably left it up to RG3 and he said Im staying in.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about playing him. It's about how they played him.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan. He should've been fired years ago...:nod::nod:
:agree:

there is only so long you can blame those around you (i.e. your assistant coaches) because as the leader you are either giving them too much control OR not giving them enough. You can only make excuses for so long before you undermine yourself.

I think his days are numbered if the Jets continue to underperform... regardless of WHO their QB is...

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

there is only so long you can blame those around you (i.e. your assistant coaches) because as the leader you are either giving them too much control OR not giving them enough. You can only make excuses for so long before you undermine yourself.

I think his days are numbered if the Jets continue to underperform... regardless of WHO their QB is...

Underperform? They have no talent, so how are they underperforming?

Micahsgrrl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny stuff. I don't think any coach gets the "pink slip" during the season, but if the Broncos don't go to at least the AFC Championship this year...see ya John Fox!

I mean, the Broncos won a playoff game with Tim Tebow, and they can't win a game with Peyton Manning? Fox is out, if Denver doesn't get to the AFC Championship.

John Fox is a figurehead or a stoolie. He was a horrible coach in Carolina. When Peyton signed with Denver, Elway got a QB and an OC...I think John will stay in Denver until Peyton retires. Then he won't be able to hide the fact he, John Fox is a stoolie...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett. GM for life Jerrah will ax him by week 12 and bring in another Yes man check collector for their fans to blame.

Plus don't count out the Raiders. Mark Davis appears to be just as mental as his father, but at a shocking young age. His haircut really speaks for itself.

Micahsgrrl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett. GM for life Jerrah will ax him by week 12 and bring in another Yes man check collector for their fans to blame.

Plus don't count out the Raiders. Mark Davis appears to be just as mental as his father, but at a shocking young age. His haircut really speaks for itself.

I disagree. I think Garrett is perfect for what Jerrah wants. Hubby is a Cowboy fan. He knows full well that GingerCoach is Jerrah's puppet and it's how Jerrah likes it.(Hubby cusses Jerrah far more often than GingerCoach) The Cowboys are set to fail forever...Now that there's an official playcaller, I think GingerCoach stays...

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every once in a while Jerry needs to fire someone so he can pretend it's not his awful job as GM keeping them from winning (Romo's extension, really?)

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every once in a while Jerry needs to fire someone so he can pretend it's not his awful job as GM keeping them from winning (Romo's extension, really?)

Agreed. Jerrah needs to fire the HC about every 3 years to keep the heat off his continued downward spiral into Al Davis-ville. Rinse, lather, repeat. YEEHAW!!!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Fox is a figurehead or a stoolie. He was a horrible coach in Carolina. When Peyton signed with Denver, Elway got a QB and an OC...I think John will stay in Denver until Peyton retires. Then he won't be able to hide the fact he, John Fox is a stoolie...

I dont think Fox is a great coach by any means but he's hardly "horrible". He built a nice defense and running game in Carolina and had a winning record in regular season and postseason games there. And the best QB he had during that time was Jake Delhomme.

And he it looks like he's built a pretty nice defense in Denver too.

I'd put him in the Jeff Fisher category. A good sound coach who is going to focus on building in the trenches.

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Fox is a great coach by any means but he's hardly "horrible". He built a nice defense and running game in Carolina and had a winning record in regular season and postseason games there. And the best QB he had during that time was Jake Delhomme.

And he it looks like he's built a pretty nice defense in Denver too.

I'd put him in the Jeff Fisher category. A good sound coach who is going to focus on building in the trenches.

ya I agree He is a solid coach , How about Schwartz in Detroit ? if he goes 500 or less I say he will be gone

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised Rex didn't get let go this off season with the GM change.

That tells me the owner still has trust and likes the guy. But at some point you can't keep changing GMs.

I hope Geno is the answer for New York, IMO I didn't think their was a first round talent at QB in the draft. But if Rex goes with Geno I think it buys him time.

I always thought Shanahan was the NFL equal of Lou Holtz.