• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the first Head Coach to get Fired?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's still a ways off but what Head Coach gets the pink slip first?

I have three on the hot seat that I can't see making it to 2014.

Rex Ryan
Jim Schwartz
Dennis Allen

Rex Ryan survived the offseason purge. It is unusual to see a new GM keep the previous regimes Head Coach they usually like their guy one loyal to them. Plus it will be hard to win with Sanchez and Ryan's stubbornness to replace him could be his ultimate undoing. His saving grace would be to start Geno Smith and point a bad record to starting a new QB.

Jim Schwartz may be a victim of his success. The Lions making the playoffs in 2011 was a collection of some great comebacks and a lot of things falling in place. Call it luck if you want I would not argue. But the fans got a taste and the 4-12 followup season ruined any positive mojo he had going. Schwartz saving grace could be owner William Clay Ford's unusual loyalty to his employees....see Matt Millen.

Dennis Allen and the Raiders seem to be living the Al Davis era all over. The heir apparent, Mark Davis, seems to be unable to handle a tough transition period and has a thin skin. Changes after only one year in the running game from Zone back to power better work and in a hurry. I hope Matt Flynn has better luck in Oakland and in a hurry or Dennis Allen as well as Reggie MacKenzie could be in trouble. Saving Grace for Dennis Allen could be MacKenzie has more control with Mark Davis than any previous GM had with Al.

In the end I have got to think Dennis Allen Goes first. Mark Davis seems hell bent on being the man in charge in Oakland and Dennis Allen may be the way for him to prove it.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy in TB.

I think Detroit will give Schwartz the whole season but I dont see how the Lions can make the playoffs so he will probably be fired after the season. Same with Ryan the new GM said he would keep him so I think Ryan will fired after the year is done.

Dennis Allen I think has a shot of being fired mid year but as long as they are competitive and improve I see him keeping his job.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man! tough one IMO. The 3 you mentioned are hard to disagree with.
I think Rivera in Carolina is on the hot seat, and Chip Kelly has way more pressure to win then he thinks.
If Rivera doesn't win 9 games or make the playoffs, he's done...a slow start like 0-4...he's done.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not stubbornness to replace Sanchez, its that we never had a legit guy to replace him with. Tim Tebow is beyond awful. Greg McElroy has no arm. Mark Brunell was really old. Kellen Clemens was terrible.

Geno Smith is the first legit option we had to replace him with. Sanchez may start the year, but Smith will start at some point.

I hope we aren't quick to move Rex, this is a rebuilding year and I think hes a quality coach.

Micahsgrrl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, that's easy

Rex Ryan. He should've been fired years ago...:nod::nod:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it would happen during the season but if the Cowboys miss the playoffs Jason Garrett is almost guaranteed to be gone. He should've been canned last year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not stubbornness to replace Sanchez, its that we never had a legit guy to replace him with. Tim Tebow is beyond awful. Greg McElroy has no arm. Mark Brunell was really old. Kellen Clemens was terrible.

Geno Smith is the first legit option we had to replace him with. Sanchez may start the year, but Smith will start at some point.

I hope we aren't quick to move Rex, this is a rebuilding year and I think hes a quality coach.

This. I'm not sure if geno is the guy either, but Sanchez has easily been the best guy on their roster for at least a few years, and you can't blame Ryan for not playing the jokes they had behind him. I hope the jets fire him, though. There is no chance they get an upgrade, and maybe if no one lets him head coach, we steal him as a defensive coordinator. That would be win win for the patriots - jets downgrade, we upgrade.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan, I don't think a coach has ever survived long after the front office gets cleared out by ownership.

Garrett is a good possibility too since Jerry Jones uses the HC as a scapegoat for his own stupidity.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan was not the problem with the Jets. Not sure why everyone has him on the chopping block. Management completely screwed him over with personnel decisions, he has had nothing to work with.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is this board where Jets fans went to after they got banned from ESPN years ago, but they have this board now and some of the posters over there really believe Rex is the worst HC in the NFL and by far. Though the person who says that also thought Sanchez was a top 10 QB once, hes pretty clueless in general but thinks hes always right and will never admit otherwise. I just think its funny because there is a thread over there right now where Prisco listed Rex as the 14th ranked HC in the league and he and his groupies are flipping out about how he should be the last coach and how bad Rex is.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan is a scapegoat for the new GM. Rex will finish the season and get canned. Then GM will hire new coach.

Timeline
2013 : Ryan
2014 New Coach - no expectations
2015 New Coach - some expectations
2016 GM's job is on the line

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we were cash strapped this offseason, but next offseason we will have a ton of cap space and Sanchez will be gone. Though they will have a big priority in locking up Wilkerson.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly If they had a QB they might have won the SuperBowl..... Ryan is getting the blame because since then he has just made the situation worst. Though the talent on his team is not his fault he didnt do anything to maximize the offense weapons they did have.

You can say the was the OC but who hired them. That would be Ryan.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly If they had a QB they might have won the SuperBowl..... Ryan is getting the blame because since then he has just made the situation worst. Though the talent on his team is not his fault he didnt do anything to maximize the offense weapons they did have.

You can say the was the OC but who hired them. That would be Ryan.

Did Rex hire him? Or was that Tannenbaum?

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Rex Hired Soprano I think Shotty was left over from ManGenius.

Schotty was forced on Rex. Soprano was Rex's choice, which was admittedly bad. But I think he did a good job in hiring Marty Mornhinweg.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think keeping and either not signing or drafting a QB until Geno Smith was on Rex. From reports he fought the trade for Tebow.

The Jets needed a solid QB to step in and they never got one! I like what the Vikings are doing behind Ponder. Pressure as how many 1st round QBs fail?

Plus Rex has led a three ring circus, thats from the outside looking in though. I just think the new GM will want his guy.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Rivera and think it took way to long for him to get a shot. But expectations in Carolina may be higher than their talent and thats never a good thing. I just think their are guys closer to the pink slip than Rivera.

Schiano in Tampa is having growing pains. He isn't on a college campus anymore. Players are the paid stars and his college attitude may have problems. I just think he gets at least another year in Tampa though.

I really think Schwartz would have been in trouble this offseason but he signed an extension after the 10-6 season. But that will only cover him a little while longer.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schotty was forced on Rex. Soprano was Rex's choice, which was admittedly bad. But I think he did a good job in hiring Marty Mornhinweg.
:

:agree:

Mornhinweg was a disaster as a head coach but did a great job with Andy Reid. I am surprised he didn't head west with Andy Reid.

Jerry Jones will fire Garrett if they go say 2-5. But I think the Cowboys will be better than that. Jerry has a lot invested in Garrett he has had a high opinion of him for years so I think he gets every chance.

That just leaves me the Raiders being the Raiders.