• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the first Head Coach to get Fired?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think keeping and either not signing or drafting a QB until Geno Smith was on Rex. From reports he fought the trade for Tebow.

The Jets needed a solid QB to step in and they never got one! I like what the Vikings are doing behind Ponder. Pressure as how many 1st round QBs fail?

Plus Rex has led a three ring circus, thats from the outside looking in though. I just think the new GM will want his guy.

Because Tebow blows. That team wasn't built to handle that kind of distraction, and Tebow would have been a severe downgrade at QB. Tebow being there may have helped Sanchez fold, but not enough that Tebow was a better option.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think keeping and either not signing or drafting a QB until Geno Smith was on Rex. From reports he fought the trade for Tebow.

The Jets needed a solid QB to step in and they never got one! I like what the Vikings are doing behind Ponder. Pressure as how many 1st round QBs fail?

Plus Rex has led a three ring circus, thats from the outside looking in though. I just think the new GM will want his guy.

The other problem was that they drafted Sanchez 5th overall, they needed to give him time to prove hes their franchise QB. You don't just go and give up right away, especially after 2 AFC championship games appearances. Then in 2011 he did have 32 TDs. That extension was retarded though

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Tebow blows. That team wasn't built to handle that kind of distraction, and Tebow would have been a severe downgrade at QB. Tebow being there may have helped Sanchez fold, but not enough that Tebow was a better option.

I got to admit I like Tebow. The guy just wins and he never will be in the police lineup.

With that being said I agree he would be better as an emergency guy / H-Back. But the point is the Jets were looking to shake things up and Rex fought it. How many solid guys, QBs, have changed teams in the last 3 years and the Jets have not been involved?

Now I hear Geno Smith may be a change of pace QB????:wtf2:

It just seems the Jets are a soap opera while the Giants handle business. Not really a fan of either team just using NY as comparison.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other problem was that they drafted Sanchez 5th overall, they needed to give him time to prove hes their franchise QB. You don't just go and give up right away, especially after 2 AFC championship games appearances. Then in 2011 he did have 32 TDs. That extension was retarded though

I really believed 5 was to high but Sanchez had the media thing going for him. Maybe I would not be so hard on the guy if the Jets got some top quality wideouts to help. I just do not see a big arm on Sanchez.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:

:agree:

Mornhinweg was a disaster as a head coach but did a great job with Andy Reid. I am surprised he didn't head west with Andy Reid.

Jerry Jones will fire Garrett if they go say 2-5. But I think the Cowboys will be better than that. Jerry has a lot invested in Garrett he has had a high opinion of him for years so I think he gets every chance.

That just leaves me the Raiders being the Raiders.

I am excited about the Marty Mornhinweg hire. I watch a lot of Eagle games, I always respected their offense. He has a better resume than any OC we have had in years. The good part is that he is seen as a QB guy and knows the position. Something Sparano didn't, whicch made the hire that much worse.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believed 5 was to high but Sanchez had the media thing going for him. Maybe I would not be so hard on the guy if the Jets got some top quality wideouts to help. I just do not see a big arm on Sanchez.

I liked the pick, I thought Sanchez was going to be good. I was wrong, even if the Jets didn't help him with the way they developed him. they need more supporting weapons, they kept downgrading them.

The reason his numbers really dropped last season was bceause our weapons were the worst of all 4 years he was here, and Tony Sparano ran a unfriendly system for QBs. It was also extremely predictable. OL coach, nothing more.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to admit I like Tebow. The guy just wins and he never will be in the police lineup.

With that being said I agree he would be better as an emergency guy / H-Back. But the point is the Jets were looking to shake things up and Rex fought it. How many solid guys, QBs, have changed teams in the last 3 years and the Jets have not been involved?

Now I hear Geno Smith may be a change of pace QB????:wtf2:

It just seems the Jets are a soap opera while the Giants handle business. Not really a fan of either team just using NY as comparison.

I don't want him as an emergency guy even. But you don't being in a huge distraction with minimal upside to a team that you already know isn't great at handling a circus. Rex wasn't fighting in going in a QB, he was fighting adding Tebow, which was a pretty disastrous move for the jets.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I know it's still a ways off but what Head Coach gets the pink slip first?

I have three on the hot seat that I can't see making it to 2014.

Rex Ryan
Jim Schwartz
Dennis Allen

Rex Ryan survived the offseason purge. It is unusual to see a new GM keep the previous regimes Head Coach they usually like their guy one loyal to them. Plus it will be hard to win with Sanchez and Ryan's stubbornness to replace him could be his ultimate undoing. His saving grace would be to start Geno Smith and point a bad record to starting a new QB.

Jim Schwartz may be a victim of his success. The Lions making the playoffs in 2011 was a collection of some great comebacks and a lot of things falling in place. Call it luck if you want I would not argue. But the fans got a taste and the 4-12 followup season ruined any positive mojo he had going. Schwartz saving grace could be owner William Clay Ford's unusual loyalty to his employees....see Matt Millen.

Dennis Allen and the Raiders seem to be living the Al Davis era all over. The heir apparent, Mark Davis, seems to be unable to handle a tough transition period and has a thin skin. Changes after only one year in the running game from Zone back to power better work and in a hurry. I hope Matt Flynn has better luck in Oakland and in a hurry or Dennis Allen as well as Reggie MacKenzie could be in trouble. Saving Grace for Dennis Allen could be MacKenzie has more control with Mark Davis than any previous GM had with Al.

In the end I have got to think Dennis Allen Goes first. Mark Davis seems hell bent on being the man in charge in Oakland and Dennis Allen may be the way for him to prove it.

Shanahan ?

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets would have won the Superbowl with Mangini. Better coach. Better execution.

No they wouldn't have. Mangini was awful. That 2008 team had talent and he coached them out of the playoffs. I remember we would give up 2nd half comebacks all of the time and QBs would throw all over us. Do not miss his soft zone coverages. And the players gave up on Mangini. He wasn't hands on enough and made players robots. Cared too much about getting boyscouts instead of good football players.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan should have already been fired but I doubt it happens.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have to be a disaster for Shanahan to get canned. And I think 2-3 coaches would go before that even happened.

My point on Tebow being a distraction is the Jets seem to be a magnate for distraction where the Giants don't...so what would have been 1 more?

But if by chance the Jets are interesting in unloading David Harris I think I could start a petition to get him to Detroit.:rollseyes:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it seems like Shanahan is stuck in the late 80's early 90s.

Very little will to change or adapt. IMO

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
It would have to be a disaster for Shanahan to get canned. And I think 2-3 coaches would go before that even happened.

My point on Tebow being a distraction is the Jets seem to be a magnate for distraction where the Giants don't...so what would have been 1 more?

But if by chance the Jets are interesting in unloading David Harris I think I could start a petition to get him to Detroit.:rollseyes:

I think they all make it through the season, but the way Snyder throws money at players, he expects to win.
I could see Shanahan being first, or second fired after the season. Assuming they don't make the playoffs, or win a playoff game of course.
The other coach I think should be most worried is Schwartz.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the reason I want Shanahan fired is the same as yours, but they don't miss the playoffs unless Shanahan gets griffin hurt again.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny stuff. I don't think any coach gets the "pink slip" during the season, but if the Broncos don't go to at least the AFC Championship this year...see ya John Fox!

I mean, the Broncos won a playoff game with Tim Tebow, and they can't win a game with Peyton Manning? Fox is out, if Denver doesn't get to the AFC Championship.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not stubbornness to replace Sanchez, its that we never had a legit guy to replace him with. Tim Tebow is beyond awful. Greg McElroy has no arm. Mark Brunell was really old. Kellen Clemens was terrible.

Geno Smith is the first legit option we had to replace him with. Sanchez may start the year, but Smith will start at some point.

I hope we aren't quick to move Rex, this is a rebuilding year and I think hes a quality coach.

He's a great DC, but idk if he's a head coach.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny stuff. I don't think any coach gets the "pink slip" during the season, but if the Broncos don't go to at least the AFC Championship this year...see ya John Fox!

I mean, the Broncos won a playoff game with Tim Tebow, and they can't win a game with Peyton Manning? Fox is out, if Denver doesn't get to the AFC Championship.

I disagree. If they win a playoff game he's staying, maybe if they even just make the playoffs, which they will.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You must have an evil twin on ESPN because that guy raved how it was a great extension....