• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the first Head Coach to get Fired?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Brian Billick never came close to duplicating the success he enjoyed early in his career as head coach of the Baltimore Ravens, and it finally cost him his job.

Billick was fired Monday, less than 24 hours after his team concluded a season of high expectations with a disappointing 5-11 record. His entire staff, including defensive coordinator Rex Ryan, also was dismissed.

"I believed that it was time for a change, I believed that we have the nucleus of a team that can get back to the Super Bowl, and we felt that in the next five years we had a better chance with a new coach than leaving Brian in that position," said owner Steve Bisciotti, who made the decision after consulting with team president Dick Cass and general manager Ozzie Newsome.

Billick, entire Ravens coaching staff dismissed following 5-11 season - NFL - ESPN

Talk about prophetic.

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question:

How does a HC last 10 years in this league with a sub .500 record and no playoff wins? What does Marvin Lewis have to do to get fired?

Its this simple, the Brown Family are cheap as fuck and do not want to pay off one coach while paying a new coach.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone will get canned during the season, unless it's at the end to get a leg up on a new hire.

I think DAL will miss the playoffs again, and that will be the final nail in the coffin for Garrett.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question:

How does a HC last 10 years in this league with a sub .500 record and no playoff wins? What does Marvin Lewis have to do to get fired?

In a town with a winning tradition...maybe...but the water table is not that high in CIN...b-t-b playoff teams, hard to let a coach go I think. Another season like the last 2 may raise the expectation level.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question:

There have a owner who is willing to give excuses for the teams performance. Lewis wouldn't have lasted this long anywhere else.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have a owner who is willing to give excuses for the teams performance. Lewis wouldn't have lasted this long anywhere else.

Probably, but truth be told, I don't think too many quality coaches would be jumping in line for this job...worse practice facilities in the league, pay for assistants, cheap ownership...that includes team travel, lodging the whole 9...this info comes from former players.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but truth be told, I don't think too many quality coaches would be jumping in line for this job...worse practice facilities in the league, pay for assistants, cheap ownership...that includes team travel, lodging the whole 9...this info comes from former players.

Yeah exactly. And he was dead set on not trading Carson Palmer for draft picks... Unfortunately, it worked out for him that he got what he did for him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah exactly. And he was dead set on not trading Carson Palmer for draft picks... Unfortunately, it worked out for him that he got what he did for him.

Name escapes me for the moment but UGA kid drafted high by CIN. DE, played pretty well until he broke his neck and had to retire...works for the 4 letter people now doing CFB games...anyway he was working local sports talk radio in ATL before he got current job...Real nice guy...until you mention the Bengals.

I discount some of it as sour grapes on how he was treated maybe, but Reggie Kelley, TE, plus another player or 2 have nothing but negative stuff to say about Mike Brown and the Bengals. Profit takes precedent over winning to sum it up is the tone.

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy in TB.

I think Detroit will give Schwartz the whole season but I dont see how the Lions can make the playoffs so he will probably be fired after the season. Same with Ryan the new GM said he would keep him so I think Ryan will fired after the year is done.

Dennis Allen I think has a shot of being fired mid year but as long as they are competitive and improve I see him keeping his job.
That is cwazy talk....I hope.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Marvin Lewis was going to get canned or deserved to get canned it was 3-5 years ago.

Kinda hard to get rid of him now when Cincy is having the success they currently are. Getting a franchise QB helps alot as well as a stud WR. It's easy to be a head coach when the draft picks pan out!

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name escapes me for the moment but UGA kid drafted high by CIN. DE, played pretty well until he broke his neck and had to retire...works for the 4 letter people now doing CFB games...anyway he was working local sports talk radio in ATL before he got current job...Real nice guy...until you mention the Bengals.

I discount some of it as sour grapes on how he was treated maybe, but Reggie Kelley, TE, plus another player or 2 have nothing but negative stuff to say about Mike Brown and the Bengals. Profit takes precedent over winning to sum it up is the tone.

Very sad. I feel sorry for Dalton and Green... I really enjoy watching those two but I don't like their owner. I'd for them to win a championship and at some point in their careers but then again, I don't want their owner to get a ring.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Schwartz seems like a guy who's smart enough, but he lacks personality. And as Arnold on Green Acres knows: personality goes a long way.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz seems like a guy who's smart enough, but he lacks personality. And as Arnold on Green Acres knows: personality goes a long way.

Schwartz has a hard time getting his emotions in check. The challenge flag, jawing with players, and the Harbaugh backslap to mention a few.

He has also had problems IMO on handling new guys and finding time to evaluate them. When you are 4-10 it's time to see if a couple kids can play. Not guys that won't be on the roster the next season!

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz has a hard time getting his emotions in check. The challenge flag, jawing with players, and the Harbaugh backslap to mention a few.

He has also had problems IMO on handling new guys and finding time to evaluate them. When you are 4-10 it's time to see if a couple kids can play. Not guys that won't be on the roster the next season!

And his team is crazy and they don't seem disciplined.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Oakland, NYJets, and Dallas are the only teams that will fire their coach this season. Way too many coaches in their 1st or 2nd season. Then the other coaches are on mostly good teams...

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Oakland, NYJets, and Dallas are the only teams that will fire their coach this season. Way too many coaches in their 1st or 2nd season. Then the other coaches are on mostly good teams...

Too bad you can't fire an owner... The Jets and Cowboys would benefit from that.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad you can't fire an owner... The Jets and Cowboys would benefit from that.

How would the Jets benefit? Jets have the most debt in the NFL by far, they should have been cutting costs 4 years ago. At least they tried to make a run.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the winner is the guy from Houston. Who would have ever guessed that?