• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the best governor in the nba?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But language changes. What's the big deal? It used to be perfectly ok to call black people "Negros" and Asians "Orientals" and now it's not.
Political correctness run amok.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 'owner' probably doesn't bother all the players either...but so what? If it's a problem for some, change it. The language evolves.
Why would it be a problem for players earning millions? It's not like they are working for nothing in the cotton fields.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would it be a problem for players earning millions? It's not like they are working for nothing in the cotton fields.

Hey I think it's silly too, but who gives a shit in the end? Anyone getting upset by this is just as much of a snowflake as the people bothered by the term.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd prefer to keep using '*****' and 'Oriental'? If so, can you explain why it's a hardship for you not to?
I never said I use either name.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I think it's silly too, but who gives a shit in the end? Anyone getting upset by this is just as much of a snowflake as the people bothered by the term.
Why does the NBA think it's a problem is the real question.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does the NBA think it's a problem is the real question.

Because some players said something. I think those players are being kind of silly, but so what?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain please.

Negroes and Orientals were words used as negative or derogatory descriptors. They were basically a "polite" version of worse things they were called.

Owners is simply a statement of fact. If you buy a car, you are the owner of that car.

If you buy a sports franchise, you are the owner of that franchise. You don't own the players, coaches or any of the other people...but you do, in fact, own that franchise.

As for whether or not it's a big deal. It depends on your point of view. Personally, this telling people what they are allowed to say, feel or think has gotten out of hand and the "offended" are now essentially looking for things to be offended by.

I'm with you on thinking it's "no big deal" in one sense...I'm gonna speak the way I speak and say what I want to say and if someone is offended, they're probably not someone I want in my life anyway.

And if they could have a little bit of a hissy fit over it, that'd be great too. I'll appreciate the entertainment.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I owned a team I would tell the IRS I’m just the governor.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negroes and Orientals were words used as negative or derogatory descriptors. They were basically a "polite" version of worse things they were called.

Owners is simply a statement of fact. If you buy a car, you are the owner of that car.

If you buy a sports franchise, you are the owner of that franchise. You don't own the players, coaches or any of the other people...but you do, in fact, own that franchise.

As for whether or not it's a big deal. It depends on your point of view. Personally, this telling people what they are allowed to say, feel or think has gotten out of hand and the "offended" are now essentially looking for things to be offended by.

I'm with you on thinking it's "no big deal" in one sense...I'm gonna speak the way I speak and say what I want to say and if someone is offended, they're probably not someone I want in my life anyway.

And if they could have a little bit of a hissy fit over it, that'd be great too. I'll appreciate the entertainment.

OK fair. Not a 'big' difference to me, but you make some good points. I guess I just don't care that much about it one way of the other.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK fair. Not a 'big' difference to me, but you make some good points. I guess I just don't care that much about it one way of the other.

By itself, I don't care either.

But it's become a constant stream of "this word/phrase" or "that word/phrase" is now considered offensive and we're not allowed to say that anymore.

The way I see it, if someone wants to call NBA owners, governors, that's fine with me. It's their choice.

But don't get "offended" when I continue to call them owners because that's my choice.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what happens when Canada wins a championship in your league.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does this bother people?

I could care less what they call the people who buy NBA franchises.

I don't necessarily agree with the reasoning here, but it doesn't hurt anything to change a term. And I do admire that Silver is a progressive thinker not afraid to change things.
He is afraid of the players.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By itself, I don't care either.

But it's become a constant stream of "this word/phrase" or "that word/phrase" is now considered offensive and we're not allowed to say that anymore.

The way I see it, if someone wants to call NBA owners, governors, that's fine with me. It's their choice.

But don't get "offended" when I continue to call them owners because that's my choice.

I think the number of people that will get offended by anyone using the term 'owner' is pretty small. The league is catering to some of their more vocal and snowflaky players, because there's little downside.

I guess my overall feeling on hyper-PC snowflaky SJWs is to just shake my head and laugh. I'm happy to not be offensive, and it's not like I run into a lot of people who need to be called 'they' or 'xe' or 'xim', and if I do I just laugh at them inside and oblige them.