• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the best governor in the nba?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t see the similarities between rightspeak and pc?

Nothing I can do about that.
I think the main reason Trump was elected was that a great majority of people quietly think all of this PC bullshit is stupid and were refreshed to see a politican that was not a prisoner to PC.

now....has he gone WAY to far? yah....did he never pivot to sanity when many thought he would? uhhhh yahh...but the sentiment at the beginning was legitimate.

the great majority of people reject this PC bullshit but are afraid to be shouted downed and shamed by a very vocal and aggressive minority.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think in the NBA this all comes down to LeBron and friends resenting the fact that they work for someone else.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These people PURCHASE a franchise and OWN that franchise. They aren't governing said franchise. The players aren't "owned", they are employees under contract. Are these millionaire employees really that sensitive over a connotation that nobody is making? Of all the things they could be fixing, this is what gets viewed as progress?
yes.. they are really that sensitive.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did. You entered race into the discussion (“every deviation from the 1950s white male hegemony...”). Just like if anyone doesn’t want to expose their 8 year old child to homosexuality (or sexuality of any kind) is automatically a prude and “homo-phobe”. Anyone who doesn’t support reparations is clearly a sheet-wearing neophyte. Any male who supports, well, anything is a sexist pig.

PC/rightspeak culture is looking for the offense in everything. It bends over backwards to find the most efficient means of butt-hurtedness. And everyone must bow to its feels or be labeled.
I dont think trump would have EVER in a million years been elected if not for many people using his election as an anonymous repudiation of PC culture.

JayVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But language changes. What's the big deal? It used to be perfectly ok to call black people "Negros" and Asians "Orientals" and now it's not.
Oh shit. Are you serious?
I wish someone would have told me of this development.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think trump would have EVER in a million years been elected if not for many people using his election as an anonymous repudiation of PC culture.

That's part of it, but it's more than just PC culture. It's the elevating of issues (including PC culture) that don't affect the fly-over states over those voters' daily issues of health care, jobs, etc. Of course, Trump got them whipped into a fervor only to really get nothing done for them, but for some reason most of them still support him because at least they felt noticed.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did. You entered race into the discussion (“every deviation from the 1950s white male hegemony...”). Just like if anyone doesn’t want to expose their 8 year old child to homosexuality (or sexuality of any kind) is automatically a prude and “homo-phobe”. Anyone who doesn’t support reparations is clearly a sheet-wearing neophyte. Any male who supports, well, anything is a sexist pig.

PC/rightspeak culture is looking for the offense in everything. It bends over backwards to find the most efficient means of butt-hurtedness. And everyone must bow to its feels or be labeled.
You're being as sensitive as any raving SJW.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why. It’s utter bullshit
Exactly. Hypocrisy is the rule of the day in these discussions. The person bothered by "Mavericks' Owner" has no problem describing themselves as "Business Owner" or "Record/Fashion Label Owner". Sure, language evolves and word meanings change but referencing the owner of a sports team as "owner" hasn't been used in a slur/pejorative sense, so they are not the same thing. It looks more like someone looking for something to be upset about.

Overall, it's small potatoes. If a team owner doesn't mind being called CEO, Governor, or Popsicle, then no bid deal. OTOH, if an owner wants to be referred to as such, that should also not be a big deal. It's their club, they can call themselves what they want.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Hypocrisy is the rule of the day in these discussions. The person bothered by "Mavericks' Owner" has no problem describing themselves as "Business Owner" or "Record/Fashion Label Owner". Sure, language evolves and word meanings change but referencing the owner of a sports team as "owner" hasn't been used in a slur/pejorative sense, so they are not the same thing. It looks more like someone looking for something to be upset about.

Overall, it's small potatoes. If a team owner doesn't mind being called CEO, Governor, or Popsicle, then no bid deal. OTOH, if an owner wants to be referred to as such, that should also not be a big deal. It's their club, they can call themselves what they want.
So if some who purchased at least a portion of an NBA franchise identifies as an “owner”, and his preferred adjective is “owner”, than you are saying people should respect that?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if some who purchased at least a portion of an NBA franchise identifies as an “owner”, and his preferred adjective is “owner”, than you are saying people should respect that?
Yes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you consider that Business Owner and Record Label owner are much closer to a slave mentality (paying as little as possible to get the product to the public) than NBA franchise owner, the hypocrisy rises.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, because owner is not an adjective; it's a noun.

giphy.gif

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao, Silver couldn't be a bigger donk if he tried

but seriously though, wgaf

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It describes the person.

In this context, adjective.

Ah, no.

ad·jec·tive
/ˈajəktiv/
Learn to pronounce
noun
GRAMMAR
  1. a word or phrase naming an attribute, added to or grammatically related to a noun to modify or describe it.

own·er
/ˈōnər/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. a person who owns something.
    "the proud owner of a huge Dalmatian"
    synonyms: possessor, holder, proprietor/proprietress, homeowner, freeholder, landlord, landlady, master/mistress, keeper;
    rareproprietrix

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my use, it identifies as an adjective.

Stop nazi’ing and take the post with the intended tone

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These people PURCHASE a franchise and OWN that franchise. They aren't governing said franchise. The players aren't "owned", they are employees under contract. Are these millionaire employees really that sensitive over a connotation that nobody is making? Of all the things they could be fixing, this is what gets viewed as progress?

I agree with you.

I just don't care.

If the NBA wants to call their team owners "governors", I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

And if people want to rail against this and make it a big deal, then go ahead.

To me this is no deal.