• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who has the best offensive unit in the NFC?

Who has the best offensive unit in the NFC?

• Total voters

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good for Hall of Slightly-Below-Average DeVonta Smith.

Not good for DeVonta Smith? The guy who is so skinny people say he can't beat press coverage at all yet per that graph it shows he's actually better than everyone here would lead you to believe against press?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good for DeVonta Smith? The guy who is so skinny people say he can't beat press coverage at all yet per that graph it shows he's actually better than everyone here would lead you to believe against press?
DeVonta says:
I Think You Should Leave Tim Robinson GIF by The Lonely Island

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! I didn't catch it at first.......but you obviously can't read a graph!

.......so according to the graph YOU provided, DeVonta is slightly above the average in "Target rate when pressed", which just means that he was targeted more often, and below average in "Yards per route run when pressed". So he was thrown at MORE, but had LESS yardage to show for it.

DeVonta is below average according to your own source that you are erroneously claiming is showing him as good. He is targeted more often, but his yards per route is well below average at just over 1!

That is almost as dumb as when you posted the study saying his injury rate chances aren't higher because of his size but forgot to read the last part that specifically stated that the smallest sizes were more injury prone! Of course you never acknowledged your mistake, and just moved on to the next pile of bs.......and here we are again!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been bitten by the back-up is better idea too many times, to say Pollard is better. Dallas will have a major decision to make after this season.

Keep Zeke and let Pollard walk, of release Zeke and pay Pollard a lot of $$$$.

Either way RB in rounds 2,3 or 4 of the draft has to be a priority.

If it's me I let Pollard walk and draft Zekes replacement rather than pay Pollard high money another 4 years.

Good thing is Pollard doesn't have a lot of wear and tear on his tires.
I'd extend Pollard today and cut Zeke after this year if he doesn't bounce back or after 2023 if he plays better this year. After this year he becomes cuttable from a cap perspective. There is almost zero chance I let Pollard get away.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than NFL average?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd extend Pollard today and cut Zeke after this year if he doesn't bounce back or after 2023 if he plays better this year. After this year he becomes cuttable from a cap perspective. There is almost zero chance I let Pollard get away.
If Pollard signs a team friendly contract I agree, but I'm not sure Pollard can be a lead dog, only because I've seen the better BACK UP turn to turds after taking over as the lead dog.

Sign Pollard, cut Zeke and draft a new RB

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pollard signs a team friendly contract I agree, but I'm not sure Pollard can be a lead dog, only because I've seen the better BACK UP turn to turds after taking over as the lead dog.

Sign Pollard, cut Zeke and draft a new RB
Can't cut Zeke yet due to cap. After this year you can if he still doesn't look like a top back, after 2023 it's really palatable and after 2024 it's basically a slam dunk guarantee

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't cut Zeke yet due to cap. After this year you can if he still doesn't look like a top back, after 2023 it's really palatable and after 2024 it's basically a slam dunk guarantee
Elliot's money for this year is fully guaranteed and is a spent cost. He makes the roster in 2022 unless he's of no future NFL back-up value to anyone. His 2023 money isn't guaranteed so if he's worth $8M or less cutting him would be an easy decision. Potentially that brings forward $6M of dead money that was expected in 2024 and beyond into the 2023 cap calculation. Cutting him now would not bring future cap hits into 2022. As you know there is the opportunity to use the June 1st designation next season which would keep the future hits in 2024. The net result of that would be the Cowboys had to keep his $10.9M salary on the books until after the Draft but then it would cancel. The $1.72M cap hit due in 2025 would accelerate into 2024, (which is really minor in the scheme of things). I expect Elliot to be a Cowboys player this season but then be cut with a post June 1st designation in late February or early March of 2023. Cutting him without a June 1st designation would also be perfectly reasonable if the team needed cap space in March/April rather than for the rest of the year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One key thing you left out is regardless of how they do it, if the cut him next year they save money
2023 cap hit: $16.7M
2023 cap hit if cut pre 6/1: $11.9M
2023 cap hit if but post 6/1: $5.8M (with the other $6M falling to 2024)

But there is also at least a possibility of a trade. All of Zeke's guaranteed money is gone. If he looks good this year but the Cowboys are still looking to move him due to cap reasons (ala Cooper) a team could take him on as a one year $10.9M player which might be appealing or a two year $20.9M player. The ability to add a potential top RB without the normally attached commitment could lead some teams to pursue this but it doesn't change the Cowboys situation much if traded or cut other than the inability to designate a trade post 6/1 if it occurs prior. Truth of the matter is that Jerry is unlikely to move on from him until after 2023 IMO. When he stakes his reputation on a guy he doesn't easily admit being wrong.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3