• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do You Want Us to Draft???

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the guy at Miss St. Is a Senior

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the guy at Miss St. Is a Senior
Your right had my schools wrong Sorry. I was talking about the Miss ST. Guy. Preston Scott. he's got 3rd round talent. Maybe he can sit behind Romo

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or school for that matter

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you meant Prescott.
I actually like the guy as a 3rd/4th. Kid has game and might just need to sit a year or two to be special....least that's my dream scenario

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm half way there on the Florida corner but mostly because I want a corner early like most seasons. I truly value that position second only to QB for a football team now that the game is basically 7 on 7 with basketball picks. Ball recognition and skill while the ball is in the air are a lost art. Seems most guys no longer play street football growing up. I also trust somewhat that jerry will continue to listen to the people he pays. I think we're lacking playmakers. Take Dez off the field and we had none. I know we lack play makers in the d backfield and see value with 4 picks in the first 75 IF the right guy pulls the lever.

I also understand the logic of QB early and would feel better with 4 within the first 75 especially if one is a QB

I'm with you on CB as a premium position. It is so important to be able to defend the pass, you just gotta have quality talent at the CB position. You can't hide that position for very long, even with a good pass rush.
Dallas needs good CB's, and Hargreaves looks the pick of the litter.

Last edited:

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on CB as premium position. It is so important to be able to defend the pass, you just gotta have quality talent at the CB position. You can't hide that position for very long, even with a good pass rush.

You are really driving the Hargreaves bus, is he a playmaker like Peters for KC?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa probably won't be there, but I can't see passing on him if he is. Even if great, Gregory could end up a nickel pass rusher and Bosa can rush from the inside in the nickel and play DE in base D.

Yes, corner is a bigger need, but you take the better player unless it's close. The #4 pick is not a place to be looking solely at needs. Now yes, ideally if a CB/S is the guy they see as the best player available or at least comparable then you go that route. But you don't force it IMO.

I agree, at #4 you can't force a pick for position need. You should get the best talent available at that point.

Obviously we are extremely early in the draft process, but looking at the teams drafting in front of us, and their needs, it looks to me like Hargreaves may very well be BPA when Dallas drafts. I'm not so high on Hargreaves because he is a CB and we need CB - I think the kid can flat out play, and is the kind of defender we have been missing on the outside for a long time. The fact that he fits a need is secondary.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so. And without the bull shit

Last Cowboys CB I can remember who actually intercepted the ball regularly was Anthony Henry

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last Cowboys CB I can remember who actually intercepted the ball regularly was Anthony Henry

Ah, those were some interesting secondaries. I was looking up Terence Newman's stats yesterday, and he was good for about 4 picks a year and 15-20 pass break ups. The knock on Newman was that he never interecepted the ball enough. Nowadays I think most Cowboys fans would be happy as hell with 4 picks a year from our CB's. The bar has dropped pretty low for CB play in Dallas over the past several years.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, those were some interesting secondaries. I was looking up Terence Newman's stats yesterday, and he was good for about 4 picks a year and 15-20 pass break ups. The knock on Newman was that he never interecepted the ball enough. Nowadays I think most Cowboys fans would be happy as hell with 4 picks a year from our CB's. The bar has dropped pretty low for CB play in Dallas over the past several years.
And got burned at the wrong times. Will never forget that thanksgiving day game with NO.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess we better go OL in the first if were that tied to draft history.
I wouldn't be mad if Tonsil fell to us and we picked him. Free is replaceable.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be mad if Tonsil fell to us and we picked him. Free is replaceable.
Yes, he is but OT is so far down the need list, I understand BPA, but I have to give need a lot of consideration. If the team had no major needs, or just one major need I'd say BPA no questions asked, but we have to admit we are needy.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be mad if we did. Free is far from the problem. Hargraeves along with getting Scan back would make our whole defense better.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on CB as a premium position. It is so important to be able to defend the pass, you just gotta have quality talent at the CB position. You can't hide that position for very long, even with a good pass rush.

Like I said....I'm half way there with Hargreaves and the other half sits with Jalen Ramsey.
Ramsey is a player who also has great ball skills, plays corner, safety and nickel LB. Very versatile player with long arms. I'm going to watch these two closely and hope the team does as well should we stay at #4

I like the Jones pick last year but remain on the fence post if he's a corner or free safety going forward. I know two weeks in a row he took horrible angles to the football from the safety position that resulted in scores that shouldn't of been scores.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Bosa is there when we pick. Then someone in the top ten that wants him real bad moves up to get him giving us a decent trade in picks. Then while in the top ten if there wasn't a guy we wanted for the bang for the buck, trade back again, but stay in the 1st half of the draft & compile some more picks. Often times players in the late part of the top ten & 1st half of the teens aren't big gap grades. That would be my hope (as of now)

Now if we traded back the 1st time & the guy we wanted for that pick is there, then just draft him. Don't want to get cute & lose the guy we want.

BTW where are the top DT's going to be drafted in this draft? Any 1st Rounders? I really want us to fix the interior of our D-Line. That will help the whole defense look better.