• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do You Want Us to Draft???

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Bosa is there when we pick. Then someone in the top ten that wants him real bad moves up to get him giving us a decent trade in picks. Then while in the top ten if there wasn't a guy we wanted for the bang for the buck, trade back again, but stay in the 1st half of the draft & compile some more picks. Often times players in the late part of the top ten & 1st half of the teens aren't big gap grades. That would be my hope (as of now)

Now if we traded back the 1st time & the guy we wanted for that pick is there, then just draft him. Don't want to get cute & lose the guy we want.

BTW where are the top DT's going to be drafted in this draft? Any 1st Rounders? I really want us to fix the interior of our D-Line. That will help the whole defense look better.

the guys that i think will help us are not going until the 11-15 range but knowing JJ he will fool everone stand pat at 4 and take someone who does not fill a need like OL or WR. personally i think we need to think QB & RB first and then Secondary

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said....I'm half way there with Hargreaves and the other half sits with Jalen Ramsey.
Ramsey is a player who also has great ball skills, plays corner, safety and nickel LB. Very versatile player with long arms. I'm going to watch these two closely and hope the team does as well should we stay at #4

I like the Jones pick last year but remain on the fence post if he's a corner or free safety going forward. I know two weeks in a row he took horrible angles to the football from the safety position that resulted in scores that shouldn't of been scores.

I'm pretty much in agreement with you. If the pick is Hargreaves, then I want Jones at FS. Jones was exposed a little at FS, but the kid is razor sharp and I believe he will correct his mistakes - there is no question in my mind that Jones has the ideal make up to be a very good FS.

If the pick is Ramsey, whoever plays the best CB between he and Jones will be the CB, and the other will play S. I'm just not very sold on Jones as a CB, he doesn't turn his head to look for the ball in the air when he is shadowing his man down the field.

Hargreaves and Ramsey are at the top of my list in round 1. Subject to change, of course...

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff if he is the QB they fall in love with.....

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it is Bosa or Goff if we stay put Now if someone wants to overpay to move up that could work out ok but they better have more than 1 player in the funnel or it could backfire badly
If we trade back just a little Hargraves or Ramsey
Then hope that Wentz is there in the 2nd but I don't think he will make it that far

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I would. We drafted a RT last year that should push Free this coming offseason
Everything says don't take an OL this year...but call me crazy. If Tunsil is there at 4??? Damn, I'd have to pause and think about it. Could you imagine that OL for the next 8-10 years? Maybe Romo plays 16 games and if not our backups wouldn't look like CFL guys behind that group.

But yeah, Chad Green and whether we see Collins long term as T or G certainly could make that an overkill pick when it comes to how best upgrade your team

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Bosa is there when we pick. Then someone in the top ten that wants him real bad moves up to get him giving us a decent trade in picks. Then while in the top ten if there wasn't a guy we wanted for the bang for the buck, trade back again, but stay in the 1st half of the draft & compile some more picks. Often times players in the late part of the top ten & 1st half of the teens aren't big gap grades. That would be my hope (as of now)

Now if we traded back the 1st time & the guy we wanted for that pick is there, then just draft him. Don't want to get cute & lose the guy we want.

BTW where are the top DT's going to be drafted in this draft? Any 1st Rounders? I really want us to fix the interior of our D-Line. That will help the whole defense look better.

Me too,,,but I pick him if he is unless really knocked over with an offer. Kid looks like an NFL player to me...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything says don't take an OL this year...but call me crazy. If Tunsil is there at 4??? Damn, I'd have to pause and think about it. Could you imagine that OL for the next 8-10 years? Maybe Romo plays 16 games and if not our backups wouldn't look like CFL guys behind that group.

But yeah, Chad Green and whether we see Collins long term as T or G certainly could make that an overkill pick when it comes to how best upgrade your team

Crazy! If we draft any o-linemen at 4, I would give up. That is the last position we need to up grade.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was about to post the exact same thing, how great would the OL be moving forward if you bookended the OT's. A lot of people nationally said out line took a step back, but what I saw was the front 5 blowing people off the ball, but because Weeden wouldn't throw it past 10 yards, and Cassel and Moore have pop guns for arms, the entire defense stayed within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. Get Romo and Dez healthy and add another RB and we'll see how much the guys have fallen off

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured they would fall off some when we lost Callahan but it was hard to grade with Romo out and 8 in the box for the replacement QB's
Who would have thought we had a shot at Collins ? anybody not in a million years but he just might become the 2nd best non drafted player to play for the boys!

Drafting a OT that high well
As the movie said "never say never again" with apologies to Sean Connery and the James Bond series

:trash: ya never know with Jerry in the room

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy! If we draft any o-linemen at 4, I would give up. That is the last position we need to up grade.

Many of you seem to go in with the need approach with blinders on to everything else. That drives me nuts and is the surest way to draft a bust. IMO you take the best player unless a slightly lesser player is also a huge need. Now ideally both come together and DB or QB is the guy. My point was if we don't like Green and aren't moving Collins from Guard and have the Tackle listed as the top player in the entire draft, then it becomes a real possibility that you have to look at when we have an aging, not very good IMO Doug Free starting on this team. That's how GB ended up with Aaron Rodgers. If you can significantly upgrade your RT it doesn't matter that the other 4 guys on your OL are very, very good does it? You upgrade the weak spot. OL and secondary are more true to the "weakest link" theory than any other positions.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of you seem to go in with the need approach with blinders on to everything else. That drives me nuts and is the surest way to draft a bust. IMO you take the best player unless a slightly lesser player is also a huge need. Now ideally both come together and DB or QB is the guy. My point was if we don't like Green and aren't moving Collins from Guard and have the Tackle listed as the top player in the entire draft, then it becomes a real possibility that you have to look at when we have an aging, not very good IMO Doug Free starting on this team. That's how GB ended up with Aaron Rodgers. If you can significantly upgrade your RT it doesn't matter that the other 4 guys on your OL are very, very good does it? You upgrade the weak spot. OL and secondary are more true to the "weakest link" theory than any other positions.

Drafting an online man at 4 would be as smart as drafting a tight end in the second round. Oh wait.. jerry did that twice lol. With the needs at corner, dt, and qb, drafting an o-lineman with 4th pick is not what we need.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta disagree at the 4 hole at this particular time. Too many quality guys to zero in on a tackle.
Besides....only so much money should be allocated for the oline and we already have some $$$ soon to be spent.
I also don't see how an opinion of not liking Green could be made in less than a year

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Tunsil is available and guys like Bosa, Hargreaves, and Goff are off the board, pretty sure the smart thing for Dallas to do would be to trade that pick. Tunsil would not be a good investment for this team - unless you plan to let Frederick, or Martin, or Collins walk when their rookie deals are up. You can't sign them all.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how the Cowboys feel about this kid, but I think he's gonna be a real good player in the league for a long time.

Florida State junior CB Jalen Ramsey declares for the 2016 NFL Draft

jalen-ramsey.jpg
FSU CB Jalen Ramsey has declared for the 2016 NFL Draft. (USATSI)

Florida State's star junior cornerback Jalen Ramsey is entering the 2016 NFL Draft. The school and Ramsey announced he would be foregoing his senior season in a statement on Tuesday.

"Today, after having in depth discussions with my parents, my coaches and others whom I hold dear to my heart, I am announcing my decision to pursue my dream, forgo my senior year of football at Florida State and declare for the 2016 NFL Draft," Ramsey said.

"I'm extremely happy for Jalen and his family," Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher said. "I think it is a very smart decision by him. He will be a tremendous pro. He was an outstanding player and leader for us. I cannot say enough good things about him. I wish him nothing but the best and he will always be a part of the Florida State family."

Ramsey had 52 tackles, 10 pass breakups and 1 fumble recovery for a touchdown in 2015 and is the No. 3 overall prospect and top cornerback on CBS Sports' prospect rankings for the 2016 draft.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you not giving us need guys enough credit. I don't think any of will say draft player X even though he's a 20 pick later guy, what we are saying if the best 3 or 4 guys don't fit a need drop down down to the 5th rated guy. Yes eventually that means passing up a better guy, but it also means you get a guy who can help out of the gate.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you not giving us need guys enough credit. I don't think any of will say draft player X even though he's a 20 pick later guy, what we are saying if the best 3 or 4 guys don't fit a need drop down down to the 5th rated guy. Yes eventually that means passing up a better guy, but it also means you get a guy who can help out of the gate.

You got it!!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry loves moving around in the first round. If we could drop a few spots and add a couple of picks (maybe another first next year) then I think that's the best plan. There are a couple of areas that need to be addressed so more is better.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree at the 4 hole at this particular time. Too many quality guys to zero in on a tackle.
Besides....only so much money should be allocated for the oline and we already have some $$$ soon to be spent.
I also don't see how an opinion of not liking Green could be made in less than a year
I don't disagree. My point was you need to think about it, not necessarily do it. And the whole premise was based on a hypothetical scenario that had him basically being ranked way higher than any player at a position of need. If you have another player ranked close to him you don't consider it.

As far as Green goes I'm not 100% sure. They never really had much to say about him after the draft (which is very unusual for Jerry who usually says how high that had the guy rated on their board). I got the feeling they wanted a Tackle and he was the one left standing. I think a lot of times you get a guy into camp and practice and know pretty early that he isn't an impact player of the future for you. Not saying that is the case at all with Green and plus he was injured so that makes judging him even tougher. Personally I'm not writing Green off at all and liked them taking Tackle there. Just stated that if they have done so, it brings Tackle more into play.

you also could likely get quality picks back from a Team that needs a Tackle for trading the pick if he is there

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how the Cowboys feel about this kid, but I think he's gonna be a real good player in the league for a long time.

Florida State junior CB Jalen Ramsey declares for the 2016 NFL Draft

View attachment 73899
FSU CB Jalen Ramsey has declared for the 2016 NFL Draft. (USATSI)

Florida State's star junior cornerback Jalen Ramsey is entering the 2016 NFL Draft. The school and Ramsey announced he would be foregoing his senior season in a statement on Tuesday.

"Today, after having in depth discussions with my parents, my coaches and others whom I hold dear to my heart, I am announcing my decision to pursue my dream, forgo my senior year of football at Florida State and declare for the 2016 NFL Draft," Ramsey said.

"I'm extremely happy for Jalen and his family," Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher said. "I think it is a very smart decision by him. He will be a tremendous pro. He was an outstanding player and leader for us. I cannot say enough good things about him. I wish him nothing but the best and he will always be a part of the Florida State family."

Ramsey had 52 tackles, 10 pass breakups and 1 fumble recovery for a touchdown in 2015 and is the No. 3 overall prospect and top cornerback on CBS Sports' prospect rankings for the 2016 draft.
Interesting...that link shows Hargreaves as the #3 CB. Of course these lists in general are only good for wiping your ass...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry loves moving around in the first round. If we could drop a few spots and add a couple of picks (maybe another first next year) then I think that's the best plan. There are a couple of areas that need to be addressed so more is better.
Disagree. Don't want to drop to get a pick for next year. Can't trust Jerry when trading down. He seems to screw himself too often. Stick with 4 and get Ramsey or Goff if they feel he is a franchise qb, or another stud defensive pick. This is the year to stay Pat where you are. Can he just do that for once?