• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do The Lakers Take At #2?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade it and Russell or Randle for PG. Yes, we could sign him when he's a FA......unless some other team trades for him and he likes it there. Tired of waiting for the kids to develop. We need a superstar to be the face of the franchise.

Nance is a good player and is more than a backup. He deserves the chance to start, if we trade Randle.

If we trade Russell, we can start Clarkson at the same position and he's a combo guard, just like Russ. PG can facilitate from the SF spot......he had a 30 point, 9 assist, and 9 rebound game at the end of the reg season. Not the first time he's done that.

I want a legit superstar here. Do it, Magic!!!! Help make the Lakers great again!!!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the idea of trading so much to get a player who is highly likely to sign with you next offseason.

I would rather watch the young guys develop for another year so their game is improved when a "superstar" does arrive.

Also, if they wait until the trade deadline this coming season, they likely won't have to give up as much because the Pacers know he is leaving and will get nothing.

Better to get something rather than nothing.

Pacers have everything to lose here. Lakers lose nothing by being patient.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, the Lakers make a trade this Summer, and if involves letting go one of our recent lottery picks like Randell or Russell, AND the No. 28 pick, I would really think we would see either the Deng or Mozgov contracts included in the deal.

Not sure if there is a team that would do that, and that's why I think Magic's words regarding staying put this Summer and not making any off-season moves are more true, than smoke and mirrors.

Here's a mock that targets Ball's teammate Ike Anigbogu, C, UCLA. The guy is raw but he has a lot of potential due to a late start in the sport. Working with KAJ could be awesome (He needs to work on his foot work and KAJ could show him all the tricks in the post that he has yet to master) and that he has a full season with Ball, if the Lakers go that route at No. 2, would be another plus...

2017 NBA Mock Draft: Pro Comparisons and Predictions for Elite Guard Prospects

Last edited:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, the Lakers make a trade this Summer, and if involves letting go one of our recent lottery picks like Randell or Russell, AND the No. 28 pick, I would really think we would see either the Deng or Mozgov contracts included in the deal.

Not sure if there is a team that would do that, and that's why I think Magic's words regarding staying put this Summer and not making any off-season moves are more true, than smoke and mirrors.

Here's a mock that targets Ball's teammate Ike Anigbogu, C, UCLA. The guy is raw but he has a lot of potential due to a late start in the sport. Working with KAJ could be awesome (He needs to work on his foot work and KAJ could show him all the tricks in the post that he has yet to master) and that he has a full season with Ball, if the Lakers go that route at No. 2, would be another plus...

2017 NBA Mock Draft: Pro Comparisons and Predictions for Elite Guard Prospects
Don't want Ike. We already have a project in Zubac. Ike is raw and has no offense. Not at 28. Ike should have stayed in college, but went for the money, I understand. Swanigen or Rabb at 28.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want Ike. We already have a project in Zubac. Ike is raw and has no offense. Not at 28. Ike should have stayed in college, but went for the money, I understand. Swanigen or Rabb at 28.
I know it's only a mock, but both Swanigen and Rabb are gone before 28.

Still, adding some young talent on the defensive side is not a bad thing, and that is where he excels, besides any picks at 28 we have a young dude already there.

With both Swanigen, we have Randall. Maybe Kobe can get this guy to improve with consistency.

The upside for Ike on the offensive side is tremendous, don't let his numbers fool you. I watched all the Bruins games last year and with some fine tuning from KAJ the guy could make you forget all about Zu.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's only a mock, but both Swanigen and Rabb are gone before 28.

Still, adding some young talent on the defensive side is not a bad thing, and that is where he excels, besides any picks at 28 we have a young dude already there.

With both Swanigen, we have Randall. Maybe Kobe can get this guy to improve with consistency.

The upside for Ike on the offensive side is tremendous, don't let his numbers fool you. I watched all the Bruins games last year and with some fine tuning from KAJ the guy could make you forget all about Zu.
I watched all the bruin games as well. Ike was a foul prone mess at times. What offensive potential did you see??Ike has great shot blocking ability, but there will be much more nba ready prospects at 28. Ike is a long term project. We have enough of them on this team. He is a 3-4 year project imo. Ike will spend the next 2 years in the d-league. We have seen this "potential" lable on too many big men busts.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the Lakers could bring in Ike as an undrafted FA?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched all the bruin games as well. Ike was a foul prone mess at times. What offensive potential did you see??Ike has great shot blocking ability, but there will be much more nba ready prospects at 28. Ike is a long term project. We have enough of them on this team. He is a 3-4 year project imo. Ike will spend the next 2 years in the d-league. We have seen this "potential" lable on too many big men busts.
Just found it interesting that the mock I linked had him going to the Lakers at 28.
What offensive potential did you see??
Well you watched all the games, but here's a reminder...

Perhaps the Lakers could bring in Ike as an undrafted FA?
tf, I don't think he will go undrafted, he may not go in the first round, but someone will snag him up in the 2nd. The dude is only 18 and will be for most of the first half of the season.

Imagine if KAJ taught him the sky hook! Who needs a mid range game with the sky hook in the repertoire. :nod: Also, I can't help but think of the last 18 yo big KAJ tutored .... Andrew Bynum, KAJ did wonders with him until the injury bug struck!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tf, I don't think he will go undrafted, he may not go in the first round, but someone will snag him up in the 2nd. The dude is only 18 and will be for most of the first half of the season.

Imagine if KAJ taught him the sky hook! Who needs a mid range game with the sky hook in the repertoire. :nod: Also, I can't help but think of the last 18 yo big KAJ tutored .... Andrew Bynum, KAJ did wonders with him until the injury bug struck!

If he's going to fall to the 2nd round, then maybe that's where the Lakers should take him. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him with the #28 if Zubac didn't look so promising.

Having said that, I do like his ability to be a rim protector and the Lakers are in a position to be able to take the time to develop him. Working with Kareem would be great, especially if he is willing to learn the skyhook. I have no idea why bigs refuse to learn it. It's the most unblockable shot in the game.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found it interesting that the mock I linked had him going to the Lakers at 28.
Well you watched all the games, but here's a reminder...

Second round. No problem. Not at 28 IMO.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's going to fall to the 2nd round, then maybe that's where the Lakers should take him. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him with the #28 if Zubac didn't look so promising.

Having said that, I do like his ability to be a rim protector and the Lakers are in a position to be able to take the time to develop him. Working with Kareem would be great, especially if he is willing to learn the skyhook. I have no idea why bigs refuse to learn it. It's the most unblockable shot in the game.

I didn't think the Lakers had a pick in the 2nd round. Unless they do what they did in 2014 and buy one off a team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Randell??

Randle is still with us but if he gets traded, Ike would be a nice replacement even though we have Black and Robinson. I suspect, Magic will be trying to move Deng this off-season and hopefully Mosgov but we may be stuck with those two for a continued period.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think the Lakers had a pick in the 2nd round. Unless they do what they did in 2014 and buy one off a team.

The Lakers don't have a 2nd

It went to Orlando.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle is still with us but if he gets traded, Ike would be a nice replacement even though we have Black and Robinson. I suspect, Magic will be trying to move Deng this off-season and hopefully Mosgov but we may be stuck with those two for a continued period.
If Randell is traded, I would prefer Rabb or Swanigen over Ike, but a defensive power forward like Ike would not be bad. I just feel he will take longer to develop IMO.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Randle goes and we don't take Ike, I do like Zach Collins who would be another excellent pick at 28.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Randell is traded, I would prefer Rabb or Swanigen over Ike, but a defensive power forward like Ike would not be bad. I just feel he will take longer to develop IMO.
Ike would fill the Draymond Green role in Luke's scheme. Actually the more I think about it, the more I like it...

If he is balling like this at 17/18 years old (Those are the ages he was at in his one and done season at UCLA), considering his late start in the sport, he may actually get a lot better on the defensive side of the ball too as well as the offensive side.

BTW - With some decent minutes in HS, Ike put up some pretty good numbers. (17.1 points & 9.6 rebounds in 25 games (2015-16) 61% FG% & had 9 double-doubles) Playing behind the best shooter at UCLA (Welsh) last year, who's mid range game was pretty damned good, had Ike off the court for a good part of the game at UCLA. In Luke's scheme, we might not need him on the court as a scorer considering Ball at the 1, Russell at the two, Ingram at the 3 and Zu at the 5.

Also, I agree with Retro, Ike and Zublockya in the post, might make it tough for a lot teams to score in the paint.