• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do The Lakers Take At #2?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two best players in the draft are supposedly Fultz and Ball, both PG's.

The Lakers already have Russell. Do they take either of them and move Russell to 2, or do they take someone else?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell moves to the 2.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fultz if he's there. Fox if he's not

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Celtics take Fultz. He's more of a SG than a PG which works for them since they have IT already.

Ball is the biggest boom or bust pick in the draft. Do the Lakers take the gamble?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Ball, move Russell to the 2. Clarkson has already said he'd be happy coming off the bench if needed.

IMO the best move available is to trade Mosgov and/or Deng plus the pick for a star though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell moves to the 2 or gets traded.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Ball, move Russell to the 2. Clarkson has already said he'd be happy coming off the bench if needed.

IMO the best move available is to trade Mosgov and/or Deng plus the pick for a star though.

That's probably what they do, draft Ball and move Russell to 2

Do you think Ball is worth the potential headache his dad could be?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not his dad that will be on the court. If in any way Levar starts getting involved in basketball matters, the team could potentially hurt Lonzo's NBA rep so much that not a single other team will go near him - and Levar knows that.

So yeah, i'd happily draft the guy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it'll effect the Lakers much. One thing I've noticed is that Lavar seems to have a tremendous about about of respect for Magic. So, I think if Magic says "Bitch be cool" Lavar will be cool.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LaVar shouldn't matter. The real headache is if Lonzo is actually worth the hype or not. He's not even close to being a sure thing like a good portion people thinks he is. He's not an Anthony Davis or KAT. The other PG prospects are just as good if not better than he is. So the headache comes from sorting out which one is actually best and not giving into public pressure to win the hype party because a significant chunk of the fan base loves the story of an LA kid going to UCLA then going to the Lakers

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is better than Ball, and he plays a position of need.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaVar shouldn't matter. The real headache is if Lonzo is actually worth the hype or not. He's not even close to being a sure thing like a good portion people thinks he is. He's not an Anthony Davis or KAT. The other PG prospects are just as good if not better than he is. So the headache comes from sorting out which one is actually best and not giving into public pressure to win the hype party because a significant chunk of the fan base loves the story of an LA kid going to UCLA then going to the Lakers

That is the gamble, isn't it

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I stated earlier, I think he is the biggest boom or bust pick in the draft

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The reason Daddy matters is because his son is so compliant to his nonsense.
I think Jackson is better anyway.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I stated earlier, I think he is the biggest boom or bust pick in the draft

Yeah, I feel the same way except I'm using "bust" loosely. I don't think he'll be Kwame Brown. But I could easily see him being a less cranky version of Rajon Rondo. That's still a good player but I don't want a Rondo with the #2 pick

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the gamble, isn't it

L.A. fans don't give a shit about where a kid is from. none of their super stars were from the area.
Winning is like location in real estate, it's everything.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Daddy matters is because his son is so compliant to his nonsense.
I think Jackson is better anyway.

Is he really though? He just lets him talk. His on court play hasn't suffered at all and its not like they are out there committing crimes. Lonzo seems like he's doing what he wants whether LaVar talks or not

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers really dont have to jump the gun into say, a Paul George trade. The longer the wait, the more leverage they have. PG coming out and saying he wants to be a Laker really takes the wind out of the Pacers sails. Who would want to trade for a guy who might not resign? Larry Bird recently resigned so that is a great sign for the Lakers to put picks and young players on the table. DR can play the SG position merely because of his shooting ability. His lack of athleticism is going to be even more apparent in the SG position. The Lakers could draft ball and try it with him at point and angelo at the 2.

Also i cant stress this enough. Deangelo is going to be a maybe all star caliber player in this league. I think if you put him with a better more experienced supporting cast he puts up significantly better numbers. Hes a great passer but he passes to very young inexperienced guys. His trade Value is high IMO and the Lakers could demand more then we might think.

Now i like Ball, but for the same reason i worry about DR at the 2, i worry about Balls skills translating to the NBA. He is decidedly slow for the NBA at current. He kinda looks like to me like a Devin booker but without the great shooting ability. Hes a great passer and a good dribbler, with some very good handles but i didnt see much in the way of posting up or shooting in anyones face. I worry about how he could translate. He looked great in college but i dont expect him to play at that level against guys who are in some cases a step or two faster. Simply put he looked elite at passing but not really at anything else IMO.

Fultz on the other hand is a much better scorer. Much more athletic. And plays defense. And for a guy to be that young and good at defense its to me, the most important asset a young player can possess. Flutz is actually better in every way sans passing. Hes a good passer though.

I mean if Fultz is there you take him. To me the Ball draft is more risky but with the bigger possible pay off. We still need a wing, and if the Lakers dont draft it, they will trade for it or maybe even sign it. That Deng contract, wholly fucking shit, ugh.... Also if they do get Fultz. They wont really have to trade Deangelo. He seems pass first and Fultz is great at penetrating and dishing out. We will see.

We also have a 2nd rounder which is just as important if not more then our first. We have to make the most out of that pick. The 2nd pick in the draft is much more of an easy pick/Cant miss type IMO. So they have to make the most out of the 2nd rounder.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell moves to the 2 or gets traded.

Earlier today Stephan A. Smith was saying that sources within the Lakers have told him that they are fed up with D-Lo not showing leadership skills. I think he could be traded. Get PAUL GEORGE, AND MOVE JC TO SG.