• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do The Lakers Take At #2?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers really dont have to jump the gun into say, a Paul George trade. The longer the wait, the more leverage they have. PG coming out and saying he wants to be a Laker really takes the wind out of the Pacers sails. Who would want to trade for a guy who might not resign? Larry Bird recently resigned so that is a great sign for the Lakers to put picks and young players on the table. DR can play the SG position merely because of his shooting ability. His lack of athleticism is going to be even more apparent in the SG position. The Lakers could draft ball and try it with him at point and angelo at the 2.

Also i cant stress this enough. Deangelo is going to be a maybe all star caliber player in this league. I think if you put him with a better more experienced supporting cast he puts up significantly better numbers. Hes a great passer but he passes to very young inexperienced guys. His trade Value is high IMO and the Lakers could demand more then we might think.

Now i like Ball, but for the same reason i worry about DR at the 2, i worry about Balls skills translating to the NBA. He is decidedly slow for the NBA at current. He kinda looks like to me like a Devin booker but without the great shooting ability. Hes a great passer and a good dribbler, with some very good handles but i didnt see much in the way of posting up or shooting in anyones face. I worry about how he could translate. He looked great in college but i dont expect him to play at that level against guys who are in some cases a step or two faster. Simply put he looked elite at passing but not really at anything else IMO.

Fultz on the other hand is a much better scorer. Much more athletic. And plays defense. And for a guy to be that young and good at defense its to me, the most important asset a young player can possess. Flutz is actually better in every way sans passing. Hes a good passer though.

I mean if Fultz is there you take him. To me the Ball draft is more risky but with the bigger possible pay off. We still need a wing, and if the Lakers dont draft it, they will trade for it or maybe even sign it. That Deng contract, wholly fucking shit, ugh.... Also if they do get Fultz. They wont really have to trade Deangelo. He seems pass first and Fultz is great at penetrating and dishing out. We will see.

We also have a 2nd rounder which is just as important if not more then our first. We have to make the most out of that pick. The 2nd pick in the draft is much more of an easy pick/Cant miss type IMO. So they have to make the most out of the 2nd rounder.

Blows by Fultz, See yah! speed looks good to me. https://j.gifs.com/KOkWVY.gif

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where you been at, Lakersboy?

What my brotha? Just chilllin man. been working, and I didn't have my computer for some time. I got everything set up again. So it's good to be back, and see all of you guys again. Can't wait to see what the future holds for our Lakers. :suds:

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier today Stephan A. Smith was saying that sources within the Lakers have told him that they are fed up with D-Lo not showing leadership skills. I think he could be traded. Get PAUL GEORGE, AND MOVE JC TO SG.

Actually, I like Clarkson off the bench. If they trade Russell for PG-13, I could see him playing the 2 so Ingram can stay at the 3.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier today Stephan A. Smith was saying that sources within the Lakers have told him that they are fed up with D-Lo not showing leadership skills. I think he could be traded. Get PAUL GEORGE, AND MOVE JC TO SG.

If they get Paul George, he will be playing SG, with Ingram at SF.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Ball, Russell to the 2. If they decide to move Russell, adjust accordingly via free agency/trade.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with Ball is he can shoot the 3 well, and he's a traditional PG, that looks to get others involved, kind of like the CP3 mold of scoring few points but racking up on the assists. I wouldn't mind the Lakers drafting him in that role with Russell moving to the 2 or possibly being traded

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with Ball is he can shoot the 3 well, and he's a traditional PG, that looks to get others involved, kind of like the CP3 mold of scoring few points but racking up on the assists. I wouldn't mind the Lakers drafting him in that role with Russell moving to the 2 or possibly being traded

Ball shot 42% from 3 at UCLA. Many of them from well beyond the arc.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also have a 2nd rounder which is just as important if not more then our first. We have to make the most out of that pick. The 2nd pick in the draft is much more of an easy pick/Cant miss type IMO. So they have to make the most out of the 2nd rounder.
Least we forget about the Lakers pick in 1st round at 28 too!

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I like Clarkson off the bench. If they trade Russell for PG-13, I could see him playing the 2 so Ingram can stay at the 3.

i thought at times more often than not clarkson took a step back. really had he just signed elsewhere and they were able to get derozan i would have been fine with that. even without maybe i just saw alot of poor shooting night boxscores from him. but same could be said for deangelo maybe just not as often. im not so sold on ball either. not sure if a flag or a stumbling block but much is getting made of him getting pretty much shut down vs kentucky

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought at times more often than not clarkson took a step back. really had he just signed elsewhere and they were able to get derozan i would have been fine with that. even without maybe i just saw alot of poor shooting night boxscores from him. but same could be said for deangelo maybe just not as often.

Clarkson didn't have a great season. He is a much better 3 pt shooter than DeRozan, but he's also 3 years younger (and considerably cheaper).

im not so sold on ball either. not sure if a flag or a stumbling block but much is getting made of him getting pretty much shut down vs kentucky

...yet Ball played Fultz to a standstill (if we want to judge by 1 game) despite taking 7 fewer shots. No talk about the earlier game vs UCLA, where Ball got basically his season averages (although 5-12 from the field and 6 TOs), but held Fox to 8-20 shooting.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not so sold on ball either. not sure if a flag or a stumbling block but much is getting made of him getting pretty much shut down vs kentucky

You can't judge him based on one game, Lonzo took UCLA literally to a 31-5 record, and to the sweet 16. He Averaged 14.6 pts 6.0 reb, 7.6 asst. Shot 50% from fg and 42% from 3. Fultz team was 9-22 and didn't make the tournament. We don't need someone who can score, we have plenty of that. We need someone who can distribute the ball, the way he does. He is clearly box office, and would revive The Lakers again, people in LA are going to go want to see this kid at staples center.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't judge him based on one game, Lonzo took UCLA literally to a 31-5 record, and to the sweet 16. He Averaged 14.6 pts 6.0 reb, 7.6 asst. Shot 50% from fg and 42% from 3. Fultz team was 9-22 and didn't make the tournament. We don't need someone who can score, we have plenty of that. We need someone who can distribute the ball, the way he does. He is clearly box office, and would revive The Lakers again, people in LA are going to go want to see this kid at staples center.
I agree. I hear people judging him on his last game. He had a hamstring injury in the first half that hampered him. Ball is the kind of pass first pg that makes others around him better, that is a rare talent. You don't pass on him. I watched all of his games last year. He is special!!

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I hear people judging him on his last game. He had a hamstring injury in the first half that hampered him. Ball is the kind of pass first pg that makes others around him better, that is a rare talent. You don't pass on him. I watched all of his games last year. He is special!!

giphy.gif

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took a hard fall on his hip the game prior, and continued to play. So, although we didn't hear any excuses from him, I honestly thought he was playing hurt.

That, and I think Coach Cal did a pretty good job creating trouble for Lonzo in both contests.

Even though Lonzo struggled in both games vs Kentucky, he struggled more in the Tourney because his primary option vs Kentucy was Welsh, who couldn't stay out of foul trouble in the tourney game in the loss, and who was highly effective in Rupp Area during the regular season for the win.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if Lonzo isn't the 2nd coming of Magic (which I don't think he is), he appears to be a crafty enough passer to turn B- level players into B+ level players and that's the kind of guy that players want to play with because he makes the game easier.

I'm still not 100% sold on him, but I'm starting to like him better the more I hear and read.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it we're me, I would draft Ball at #2 ( assuming Fultz goes #1 ) because he is a true PG unlike Russell ( who is better suited as a SG ).

Then, I would trade Randle ( who has potential but is wildly inconsistent ) and the #28 pick to a team in the bottom portion of the lottery and draft Zach Collins.

Collins would be the perfect PF for the Lakers cause he always plays hard, is a great rebounder and shot blocker ( something the Lakers lack right now ), and he can play inside or out.

PG- Ball
SG- Russell
SG- Ingram
PF- Collins
C- Zubac

Subs: Mozgov, Deng and Clarkson.

That would be a fun group to watch grow together

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11. Zach Collins, C, Gonzaga (previous: 16): Collins is a skilled big man who measured with a 9-foot-3 standing reach. He has terrific post moves, a good shooting stroke and was a strong rim protector for Gonzaga who learned a lot mechanically from their coaching staff. The questions are with his overall feel for the game — given that he has played less basketball than the other elite players — and his physical strength. He might end up being a steal at this spot, but there’s more uncertainty with his talent.