• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which team will have more wins this upcoming year?

Which team will have more wins this upcoming year?

• Cleveland Browns

• NY Giants

• They will tie in wins

Results are only viewable after voting.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His RBs totaled 77 catches last season, and they weren't nearly the focal point that Barkley is expected to be
There were 3 RBs who had more catches than that by themselves. I'm not saying Barkley won't get catches, but assuming that he's going to get them just because he's playing for Shurmur seems unfounded. Minnesota was 19th in the league last year in targeting the RB and 15th the year before, FWIW.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce's TDs doubled
True. His yardage also took a hit.

because they finally had an elite RB that could move the ball into position for him to get them.
You are aware that KC was 29th in Red Zone Touchdown % last year, though.

Smith has been in the NFL for over a decade, I doubt it's a coincidence that all of the sudden he just "found the deep ball".
Agreed.

Hunt was the missing piece for that offense last year.
I guess we'll find out this year.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how does that correlate to Shurmur being some wizard of RB receptions?

I cant claim to say Ive followed Shurmers whole career, and I definitely cant pay attention to what happened in Cleveland, but if his backs combined for 77 catches in Minnesota, I have a feeling a possibly elite RB in NY, is gonna see a shit load of targets

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish great success for the Brown's and their long suffering fans.

I wish nothing but failure for the Giants. May all of their plans fail. May they wake up on game day with a bad 24 hour intestinal bug. May their plane's be delayed. Their buses run out of gas. May they never get a good nights rest before their games.
And so on.
Yes I hold a grudge.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant claim to say Ive followed Shurmers whole career, and I definitely cant pay attention to what happened in Cleveland, but if his backs combined for 77 catches in Minnesota, I have a feeling a possibly elite RB in NY, is gonna see a shit load of targets
But that's not much in the modern game. It's average to below average. He might as well be going to any other team if you're counting on a bunch of catches.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's not much in the modern game. It's average to below average. He might as well be going to any other team if you're counting on a bunch of catches.

Latavius Murray had a reputation for having hands of stone while in Oakland, and him being the primary ball carrier, has got to play into the whole equation

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latavius Murray had a reputation for having hands of stone while in Oakland, and him being the primary ball carrier, has got to play into the whole equation
Actually, in his last 2 years in Oakland, Murray caught 74 catches on 95 targets, which is pretty good. He caught 15 of 17 last year, so not sure what else you'd want from him.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, in his last 2 years in Oakland, Murray caught 74 catches on 95 targets, which is pretty good. He caught 15 of 17 last year, so not sure what else you'd want from him.

37 catches per season is not a good number in todays game, I think you even said as much

The reason his targets are down in both places, is because he isnt a great pass catcher

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you took the Browns roster and put any other jerseys on them, you'd say it's a 7-win team or so.

If we had more history of the CLE roster playing together, I would agree more with that comment.

As it stands, with zero game snaps as a unit on OFC, we've gotta wait to see how it all shakes out. If the OFC clicks early...I can see a 6-10 to even 8-8 finish.

The Giants also need to work in some new players/HC/new system....really depends on Eli and I would ride with Manning over the CLE QB on this one.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish great success for the Brown's and their long suffering fans.

I wish nothing but failure for the Giants. May all of their plans fail. May they wake up on game day with a bad 24 hour intestinal bug. May their plane's be delayed. Their buses run out of gas. May they never get a good nights rest before their games.
And so on.
Yes I hold a grudge.
Hey @DirtDirtDirt notice that I didn't wish anyone gets hurt.
The rest of us want to pick through the roster to find a gem or two.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
37 catches per season is not a good number in todays game, I think you even said as much

The reason his targets are down in both places, is because he isnt a great pass catcher
But he's doing really well with the targets he's getting, so I don't see the validity in him having "stone hands".

At any rate, nothing points to Shurmur's offenses being amazing for receivers to catch passes. Barkley would very likely catch just as many, if not more, passes in over half of the rest of the offenses in the NFL.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had more history of the CLE roster playing together, I would agree more with that comment.

As it stands, with zero game snaps as a unit on OFC, we've gotta wait to see how it all shakes out. If the OFC clicks early...I can see a 6-10 to even 8-8 finish.

The Giants also need to work in some new players/HC/new system....really depends on Eli and I would ride with Manning over the CLE QB on this one.
Agreed with everything you said except for taking Eli over Tyrod. Eli is washed up. His numbers have been in decline for 3 years now. Taylor is more efficient, doesn't turn the ball over even remotely as much, and has had a better QBR, YPA, QB:TD ratio, and completion percentage than Eli for 3 years running. Eli is almost 9 years older than Tyrod, too, so their needles are pointing in very opposite directions.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, I am kind of interested in Mike Leach's schtick at Wazzu of only running the ball out of an audible.

That's not what Leach does, he always calls a running play and a pass play. The QB chooses at the line. There isn't any audibles in Leach's air raid. If you do you end up on the bench like Jeff Tuel did.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what Leach does, he always calls a running play and a pass play. The QB chooses at the line. There isn't any audibles in Leach's air raid. If you do you end up on the bench like Jeff Tuel did.
Now you're getting into semantics. But sure, we'll call it at the line then.