• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which team will have more wins this upcoming year?

Which team will have more wins this upcoming year?

• Cleveland Browns

• NY Giants

• They will tie in wins

Results are only viewable after voting.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants.

Nothing has changed with the Browns. They keep a shitty head coach, and fire a front office that brought in talent. The new front office walks away from the draft with less talent than they should have, and they still have a shitty head coach.
Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he's not. Gordon's best season (14 games due to suspension, mind you) saw him lead the league in receiving with a YPC almost 4 yards better than ODB has ever had. Oh, and he did it with Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden splitting time starting at QB. Imagine what he could've done with Eli 4 years ago? Nothing whatsoever would suggest ODB is "much better", that's absurd. If anything, they're equal, and that's with Gordon never playing with a good QB in his entire pro career.

The neutral observers thought Reggie Bush was the no-brainer top player in his draft too. In all honesty, I could see Barkley being similar. Unbelievable athlete with chinks in his armor that everyone ignores because of his potential. In reality, he never even managed to hit 6 YPC in college, which is honestly not difficult to do if you're an elite back.

Josh Gordon has never had one season with as many catches or TD's as Beckhams first 3 seasons

He had one great season in 2013, Beckham virtually shattered every WR record for players in their first 3 seasons in the league

Its 2018, this is the NFL, banking on 2013 production is borderline insane

And Reggie Bush was absolutely never viewed with the every down back ability that Barkley is being seen as, body type alone displays the huge difference between the 2.....

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Across The Field said:
Yet, the best teams in the league all ran the ball effectively. Philly won the SB and wasn't even top 10 in passing.

Alot of that was circumstance. We blew a lot of teams out in the middle portion of the season and after Wentz went out with injury we only passed for 178 yards per game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he's not. Gordon's best season (14 games due to suspension, mind you) saw him lead the league in receiving with a YPC almost 4 yards better than ODB has ever had. Oh, and he did it with Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden splitting time starting at QB. Imagine what he could've done with Eli 4 years ago? Nothing whatsoever would suggest ODB is "much better", that's absurd. If anything, they're equal, and that's with Gordon never playing with a good QB in his entire pro career.
IMO Beckham is one of the biggest AHoles in the NFL but he is a flat out superstar. He is not good, but great. Yes, Gordon had a great breakthrough season all those years ago...but I just don't see putting him in OBJ's class.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon has never had one season with as many catches or TD's as Beckhams first 3 seasons

He had one great season in 2013, Beckham virtually shattered every WR record for players in their first 3 seasons in the league

And Reggie Bush was absolutely never viewed with the every down back ability that Barkley is being seen as, body type alone displays the huge difference between the 2.....
Again --- Eli Manning vs. Weeden/Campbell. He had 159 targets in 2013, imagine if he had a competent QB who could hit him and not those two hacks. No shit he didn't have as many TDs or catches, but he got a lot more yards out of each of his catches than ODB ever has.

It's 2018, and Gordon is still only 27 (as of last month). He's never had injury issues that come close to Beckham's, and he's just a little over a year older. Shocking to think he's that young still, but he is, and he has hardly any wear on the tires. He showed last year in his 5 games what he can still do, managing 18.1 YPC on 18 catches with the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Guess who had more carries in their final year of college between Bush and Barkley - hint: he turned in 1,740 yards rushing on 8.7 ypc. Also, you're a lunatic if you think Bush wasn't looked at as an every down back when he went as high as he did in the draft. You don't take situational backs that high.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Beckham is one of the biggest AHoles in the NFL but he is a flat out superstar. He is not good, but great. Yes, Gordon had a great breakthrough season all those years ago...but I just don't see putting him in OBJ's class.
Oh I'm not ripping ODB at all. I think when he's healthy, he's a top 5 WR. However, I would take Gordon this year given ODB's injury issues and Gordon's improved QB situation.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gut instinct is Cleveland but both teams are interesting. Giants have better track record but Eli was so bad last year it's tough to forget that . I'll say Cleveland 8 Giants 7 but Giants have higher upside if Eli is even just ok

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again --- Eli Manning vs. Weeden/Campbell. He had 159 targets in 2013, imagine if he had a competent QB who could hit him and not those two hacks. No shit he didn't have as many TDs or catches, but he got a lot more yards out of each of his catches than ODB ever has.

It's 2018, and Gordon is still only 27 (as of last month). He's never had injury issues that come close to Beckham's, and he's just a little over a year older. Shocking to think he's that young still, but he is, and he has hardly any wear on the tires. He showed last year in his 5 games what he can still do, managing 18.1 YPC on 18 catches with the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Guess who had more carries in their final year of college between Bush and Barkley - hint: he turned in 1,740 yards rushing on 8.7 ypc. Also, you're a lunatic if you think Bush wasn't looked at as an every down back when he went as high as he did in the draft. You don't take situational backs that high.

Tell ya what, most everyone without a cheering interest sees Barkley in the elite class of RB's in the NFL, alongside the Bells, Zekes' Johnsons, etc......You have him alongside Reggie Bush, ill go with everyone else if thats ok, and my own eyeballs, who always viewed Bush out of USC as an all purpose back/special teams player

I like Gordon, I think there is potential there, he just isnt in Beckhams class

Beckhams "injury history" consists of one major injury in his career that doesnt involve the knee, Ill bank on his health over Gordons ability to stay out of trouble, along with the fact that he has been the better WR by a pretty wide margin

Youre all over the place with Eli, you just got done telling us he was a declining player for 3 years while ODB was breaking records, now he is the reason ODB was breaking records

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gut instinct is Cleveland but both teams are interesting. Giants have better track record but Eli was so bad last year it's tough to forget that . I'll say Cleveland 8 Giants 7 but Giants have higher upside if Eli is even just ok

My thoughts on the 2018 Giants, there is enough talent on both sides to dream of a good season, meaning the playoffs, but I understand there is a possible 8-8 team that could happen, and their schedule is absolutely insane

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell ya what, most everyone without a cheering interest sees Barkley in the elite class of RB's in the NFL, alongside the Bells, Zekes' Johnsons, etc......You have him alongside Reggie Bush, ill go with everyone else if thats ok, and my own eyeballs, who always viewed Bush out of USC as an all purpose back/special teams player

I like Gordon, I think there is potential there, he just isnt in Beckhams class

Beckhams "injury history" consists of one major injury in his career that doesnt involve the knee, Ill bank on his health over Gordons ability to stay out of trouble, along with the fact that he has been the better WR by a pretty wide margin

Youre all over the place with Eli, you just got done telling us he was a declining player for 3 years while ODB was breaking records, now he is the reason ODB was breaking records
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. The qualitative stats are on my side, though.

Eli has been on the decline, there's no doubt. In 2013 though (or every year until now), I would've taken him over every Browns' QB though, for obvious reasons.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on the 2018 Giants, there is enough talent on both sides to dream of a good season, meaning the playoffs, but I understand there is a possible 8-8 team that could happen, and their schedule is absolutely insane
Cleveland's s heckled is no walk on the park . Pitt 2 times, Baltimore 2 times , New Orleans , Atlanta, Carolina, Chargers, Chiefs. The Giants are interesting because they've got really good skill guys and aren't far removed from having a really good D. I could see them going 10-6 if Eli is ok abd the D bounces back

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If preseason games count the Browns got this. After all they're the defending preseason champs (4-0) & they have the weapons to repeat.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I selected tie.

Just not sure NYG can get to 5 wins:scratch:

Maybe I should go back and change it to Cleveland?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does all this add up to more or less interceptions?
I'm off to Vegas in a few weeks. I want to see if I can get a prop bet on Eli leading the NFL in INTs again? Is it too late to parlay that?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

In 2 years as the OC in Minnesota, they were average or below average regarding RB targets.
A shit Oline will have you keeping the backs in to help block on a lot of passing plays.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now hold on. None of us know what kinda play the Browns are going to get out of Baker Mayfield.
Big 12 quarterbacks usually bust. The odds aren't in his favor but I'll give him a chance.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 quarterbacks usually bust. The odds aren't in his favor but I'll give him a chance.

I'm really excited about watching this year's draft class of QB's.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A shit Oline will have you keeping the backs in to help block on a lot of passing plays.
Ok, but their OL only allowed 11 sacks all year, and there is still nothing at all that suggests Shurmur was anything but average at best when targeting RBs.