• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which team will have more wins this upcoming year?

Which team will have more wins this upcoming year?

• Cleveland Browns

• NY Giants

• They will tie in wins

Results are only viewable after voting.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The topic of Barkley's target share is kind of interesting. He should get a ton of targets, relative to RB's, in the passing game, but I don't know if he will. He entirely should with his skillset, however.

I can just go by whats being buzzed about around here, and the feeling is he will be a target monster, and a lot of that relates to keeping Manning upright and not taking the beating he did last season

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with everything you said except for taking Eli over Tyrod. Eli is washed up. His numbers have been in decline for 3 years now. Taylor is more efficient, doesn't turn the ball over even remotely as much, and has had a better QBR, YPA, QB:TD ratio, and completion percentage than Eli for 3 years running. Eli is almost 9 years older than Tyrod, too, so their needles are pointing in very opposite directions.

Eli...washed up...idk about that. I probably would've taken a QB with #2 overall, but I don't think Eli is quite ready to be put to pasture.

Stats matter, but I'm willing to give Eli a pass LY based on several factors...injuries at WR, poor OL play, no serious running threat.

We don't know about injuries at WR, but assuming they don't get a repeat of that, the NYG have addressed all of the major areas that needed to be shored up...if Barkley is even close to the hype...that tilts the balance to Eli.

Taylor...my general feelings on him haven't changed...nice player, might not lose the game for ya, but he's not winning too many either...just not willing to take enough chances downfield.

Can he play a Dak (2016) role? Chubb is a good RB, but not a Zeke type RB. Maybe, but for this season I would put my money on the NYG and Eli.

You mentioned the ages...doesn't matter, Taylor will do good to start the entire season. You should hope he does...that would mean they're winning some games.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli...washed up...idk about that. I probably would've taken a QB with #2 overall, but I don't think Eli is quite ready to be put to pasture.

Stats matter, but I'm willing to give Eli a pass LY based on several factors...injuries at WR, poor OL play, no serious running threat.

We don't know about injuries at WR, but assuming they don't get a repeat of that, the NYG have addressed all of the major areas that needed to be shored up...if Barkley is even close to the hype...that tilts the balance to Eli.

Taylor...my general feelings on him haven't changed...nice player, might not lose the game for ya, but he's not winning too many either...just not willing to take enough chances downfield.

Can he play a Dak (2016) role? Chubb is a good RB, but not a Zeke type RB. Maybe, but for this season I would put my money on the NYG and Eli.

You mentioned the ages...doesn't matter, Taylor will do good to start the entire season. You should hope he does...that would mean they're winning some games.

Sums him up, why I dont put so much value in his low turnover rate

Buffalo gameplanned as many safe throws as possible with Taylor, because they knew how limited he was as a QB

They didnt turn to Pederman last season because Taylor was so awful, its because they were looking for a QB that would expand their playbook and make them much less vanilla

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buffalo gameplanned as many safe throws as possible with Taylor, because they knew how limited he was as a QB

They didnt turn to Pederman last season because Taylor was so awful, its because they were looking for a QB that would expand their playbook and make them much less vanilla
Expand their playbook? Come on. Peterman's arm is terrible compared to Taylor and lord knows he can't run like Taylor.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus

10 dead in this school shooting

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrod always seems to get you a 1st down when you need one........But a touchdown? - good luck with that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, again, Eli's regression goes back further than last year. Nearly every metric has been in decline since 2014. I'm also not sold on their OL at all. Hernandez should be good, but they DRASTICALLY overpaid for Nate Solder. He barely rated higher than Chris Hubbard last year, and Cleveland paid him about half as much. I'm taking our OL over the Giants' in a heartbeat.

Something you're forgetting about Barkley and Chubb - Chubb was actually a better runner in college by nearly a full YPC (6.33 to 5.58). Barkley was more dynamic in the return and receiving game, but Chubb proved to be the better pure RB. Coupled with Hyde and Duke Johnson (#3 among RBs in receptions in 2017) and I'm taking our backfield over Barkley and their group of castoffs.

Injuries or not at WR, I'm taking Cleveland's group. ODB is probably the best WR of the bunch, but Gordon is not far behind, if at all. I'm taking Landry over Shepard every day of the week. After that, neither team has much depth.

You're right - if Taylor starts the whole year, it's because we likely are going to the playoffs. Our bye week is week 11. If he comes out of the bye week as the starter, I think that means folks in Cleveland will be very happy.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, again, Eli's regression goes back further than last year. Nearly every metric has been in decline since 2014. I'm also not sold on their OL at all. Hernandez should be good, but they DRASTICALLY overpaid for Nate Solder. He barely rated higher than Chris Hubbard last year, and Cleveland paid him about half as much. I'm taking our OL over the Giants' in a heartbeat.

Something you're forgetting about Barkley and Chubb - Chubb was actually a better runner in college by nearly a full YPC (6.33 to 5.58). Barkley was more dynamic in the return and receiving game, but Chubb proved to be the better pure RB. Coupled with Hyde and Duke Johnson (#3 among RBs in receptions in 2017) and I'm taking our backfield over Barkley and their group of castoffs.

Injuries or not at WR, I'm taking Cleveland's group. ODB is probably the best WR of the bunch, but Gordon is not far behind, if at all. I'm taking Landry over Shepard every day of the week. After that, neither team has much depth.

You're right - if Taylor starts the whole year, it's because we likely are going to the playoffs. Our bye week is week 11. If he comes out of the bye week as the starter, I think that means folks in Cleveland will be very happy.

Get it, you like the Browns

Beckham at his best is much better than Gordon (and that doesnt mean Gordon sucks at all), Landry is better than Shepard about as much as Engram is better than what the Browns have at TE

If Barkley is what most neutral observers think he will be, which was the best player in the entire draft, the Giants will have a much better backfield.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly...He's a lower echelon Alex Smith.

I'm curious to see if Haley keeps the same OFC or scale it back. Interesting he was given a task of getting Ben to see value in the short, safe passes in stead of ad lipping and holding the ball so much.

Now he probably needs to get Taylor to let it rip...lol!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...He's a lower echelon Alex Smith.

I'm curious to see if Haley keeps the same OFC or scale it back. Interesting he was given a task of getting Ben to see value in the short, safe passes in stead of ad lipping and holding the ball so much.

Now he probably needs to get Taylor to let it rip...lol!

Im interested to see how these rookie QB situations play out, considering none of them have huge QB hurdles in front of them

I think Bradford from the get go would be a sure thing to start out of respect and finances, over Rosen

But Allen winning over Mccarron?

Darnald over Mccown? (Although I think the Jets like the idea of starting Mccowns)

Mayfield over Taylor?

may not take much for these guys to win the job from Day one

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im interested to see how these rookie QB situations play out, considering none of them have huge QB hurdles in front of them

I think Bradford from the get go would be a sure thing to start out of respect and finances, over Rosen

But Allen winning over Mccarron?

Darnald over Mccown? (Although I think the Jets like the idea of starting Mccowns)

Mayfield over Taylor?

may not take much for these guys to win the job from Day one

Good question.

Everyone says that Allen was the least "ready" so we'll see how long McCarron can hang on to that job being he hasn't been a starter yet at this level.

Hue is under the most pressure to win...oddly, Taylor will likely get a nice long look, but I do see Mayfield taking over this season...maybe week 9 or 10 if CLE is hovering around 2 wins or less.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get it, you like the Browns

Beckham at his best is much better than Gordon (and that doesnt mean Gordon sucks at all), Landry is better than Shepard about as much as Engram is better than what the Browns have at TE

If Barkley is what most neutral observers think he will be, which was the best player in the entire draft, the Giants will have a much better backfield.....
No he's not. Gordon's best season (14 games due to suspension, mind you) saw him lead the league in receiving with a YPC almost 4 yards better than ODB has ever had. Oh, and he did it with Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden splitting time starting at QB. Imagine what he could've done with Eli 4 years ago? Nothing whatsoever would suggest ODB is "much better", that's absurd. If anything, they're equal, and that's with Gordon never playing with a good QB in his entire pro career.

The neutral observers thought Reggie Bush was the no-brainer top player in his draft too. In all honesty, I could see Barkley being similar. Unbelievable athlete with chinks in his armor that everyone ignores because of his potential. In reality, he never even managed to hit 6 YPC in college, which is honestly not difficult to do if you're an elite back.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants.

Nothing has changed with the Browns. They keep a shitty head coach, and fire a front office that brought in talent. The new front office walks away from the draft with less talent than they should have, and they still have a shitty head coach.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to vote for the Browns. My head is telling me that all that talent is going to produce.

But I just can't get past Hugh Jackson. If anyone could fuck up an up and coming team, he's your man.