• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which one of these QB's would you rather have?

Which QB would you rather have right now?

• Anthony Richardson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will Levis

• Bo Nix

• Hendon Hooker

• Kenny Pickett

• Desmond Ridder

• Malik Willis

• Matt Corrall

• Michael Penix Jr

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • JJ McCarthy

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Bryce Young (I know we didn't have a shot but he's definitely a bust)

• Total voters

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,759.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of discussion/comments/concerns over the past few years about the fact we should've drafted a QB over the past a few years... Which QB would you rather have right now? Outside of Caleb W, J. Daniels, CJ Stroud whom we never really had a shot at drafting, who would you want over our current QB situation right now?

Basically, outside of the 3 I mentioned, these are the other 11 drafted in the 1st 3 rounds... Total of 14 QB's drafted rounds 1-3 the past 3 years while we've rolled with Geno... Keep in mind, if we did draft one of these guys, we wouldn't had been able to draft the guy we ended up drafting instead...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix seems like an injury prone guy.

I shot down Mayfield and called him Mayfraud for years...... the NFL Gods are punishing me.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Itd be penix, or mccarthy he probably has the most upside of anyone on that list.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ McCarty is an unknown since he wasn't asked to shoulder the load in Michigan. That was a run heavy bad ass defense.
Penix I would take cause he does fit Grubb's style of offense.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of discussion/comments/concerns over the past few years about the fact we should've drafted a QB over the past a few years... Which QB would you rather have right now? Outside of Caleb W, J. Daniels, CJ Stroud whom we never really had a shot at drafting, who would you want over our current QB situation right now?

Basically, outside of the 3 I mentioned, these are the other 11 drafted in the 1st 3 rounds... Total of 14 QB's drafted rounds 1-3 the past 3 years while we've rolled with Geno... Keep in mind, if we did draft one of these guys, we wouldn't had been able to draft the guy we ended up drafting instead...
Nobody and I mean nobody here was for any QB from the 2022 class which had no QB talent but you list 4 of them from that craptastic class leaving out Sam Howell for some reason. You say you left off Stroud because the Seahawks had no shot at him( debatable) yet you list Young (who you think we had no shot at).It's almost like your trying to lead us somewhere with the choices you limit us to.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair i think young will be traded at some point. Carolina has a good shot at #1 overall again and theyll take another QB.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody and I mean nobody here was for any QB from the 2022 class which had no QB talent but you list 4 of them from that craptastic class leaving out Sam Howell for some reason. You say you left off Stroud because the Seahawks had no shot at him( debatable) yet you list Young (who you think we had no shot at).It's almost like your trying to lead us somewhere with the choices you limit us to.

Here are the QBs taken in the 1st round the last 5 years, not including this year....

Young
Stroud
Richardson
Burrow
Herbert
Taigovailoa
Love
Pickett
Lawrence
Wilson
Lantz
Murray
Jones
Haskins

Of that entire list there is only 1 that is a true elite level talent. Burrow.

Now Stroud and/or Love might get there but he isn't there yet. So best case 3 of 13 QBs will wind up being worth the pick.

Now we could talk about 2018 which did have 2 elite QBs in Allen and Jackson. But that is a truly exceptional situation.
Realistically the only QBs the Seahawks could have grabbed in that period was Love. Moving up for Stroud or Burrow was not realistic.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair i think young will be traded at some point. Carolina has a good shot at #1 overall again and theyll take another QB.

That organization is completely screwed until Tepper sells.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young Nobody but the Panthers owner thought this guy was the answer
Stroud Stud
Richardson Raw and injury prone (didn't see that coming) However the guy is only 22 this season so plenty of time for development IF he can stay healthy
Burrow stud
Herbert Would love him to be the Seahawks QB. Playing for a dis functional team like the Chargers is difficult.
Taigovailoa He was injured goods from the get go, but while healthy has exceeded expectations IMO
Love Looks like a stud and I would be happy if he was Seahawks QB
Pickett Never should of been a first round pick
Lawrence Think he'll be a NFL QB for a decade ( starting or backing up) but not a real good one
Wilson Bust
Lantz Bust
Murray Serviceable as a starting QB. Has a lot of up and downs. To injury prone.
Jones Daniel or Mac ? Neither are great but good enough to hang around the NFL for years.
Haskins Bust

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young Nobody but the Panthers owner thought this guy was the answer
Stroud Stud
Richardson Raw and injury prone (didn't see that coming) However the guy is only 22 this season so plenty of time for development IF he can stay healthy
Burrow stud
Herbert Would love him to be the Seahawks QB. Playing for a dis functional team like the Chargers is difficult.
Taigovailoa He was injured goods from the get go, but while healthy has exceeded expectations IMO
Love Looks like a stud and I would be happy if he was Seahawks QB
Pickett Never should of been a first round pick
Lawrence Think he'll be a NFL QB for a decade ( starting or backing up) but not a real good one
Wilson Bust
Lantz Bust
Murray Serviceable as a starting QB. Has a lot of up and downs. To injury prone.
Jones Daniel or Mac ? Neither are great but good enough to hang around the NFL for years.
Haskins Bust

I disagree with you about Young. Plenty of people thought he was the best pick in the draft and if the Panthers taken Stroud instead, the Texans would taken Young.

Ultimately it comes down to having a chance to draft a player where you pick. Trading up for a QB almost NEVER works especially high up in the draft where every slot is super costly.

Which is why I said that Love was the only guy we realistically could have drafted.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you about Young. Plenty of people thought he was the best pick in the draft and if the Panthers taken Stroud instead, the Texans would taken Young.

Ultimately it comes down to having a chance to draft a player where you pick. Trading up for a QB almost NEVER works especially high up in the draft where every slot is super costly.

Which is why I said that Love was the only guy we realistically could have drafted.
Well DE's, DT's, OL, WR can fail just the same as a QB. You can die of old age waiting for a stud QB to fall into your lap.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,579.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield, I know he isnt on the list but he was available for cheap! i STATED many times that Baker has that "IT" factor and got laughed at on this boards. We could still have him RIGHT NOW on a cheap contract had JS pulled his head out back when he was a FA. You can't say you didn't see it either as he put it on tape. He showed he could be special. With the weapons Seattle has at WR .. wow.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield, I know he isnt on the list but he was available for cheap! i STATED many times that Baker has that "IT" factor and got laughed at on this boards. We could still have him RIGHT NOW on a cheap contract had JS pulled his head out back when he was a FA. You can't say you didn't see it either as he put it on tape. He showed he could be special. With the weapons Seattle has at WR .. wow.
Weapons don’t mean shit if you have no offensive line.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well DE's, DT's, OL, WR can fail just the same as a QB. You can die of old age waiting for a stud QB to fall into your lap.

And trading lots of draft capital to move up and then missing is far worse than just missing on a pick.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Mayfield. But other than age he doesn't really offer much that Geno doesn't already have. Let's not pretend that Tampa Bay doesn't have weapons at WR.