• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which choke job was worse?

Which choke job was worse?

• 2014 Seahawks - Call a pass play on the goal line rather than running Marshawn Lynch, intercepted.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • 2016 Falcons - Blow a 25 point 3rd quarter lead.

Votes: 53 82.8%
  • Neither was a choke - New England just outplayed them.

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Atlanta will score nearly every time they have the ball"

You had the ball 9 times, not including the end of half and end of game. They scored 3 times.
Yep and we shot ourselves in the foot 2 other times. It happens. Ultimately NE needed the best quarter ever from the best QB ever, 5 or 6 gifts from Atlanta and terrible play calling to win a game in OT. Atlanta ran 40 plays and had almost 400 yards. It is what it is. I'm not trying to take away the win for NE. They deserved it but let's not pretend Atlanta didn't dominate the game for 50+ minutes. I'm just asking him to show some class ( as I did by coming back right after the game). That's not asking too much

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and we shot ourselves in the foot 2 other times. It happens. Ultimately NE needed the best quarter ever from the best QB ever, 5 or 6 gifts from Atlanta and terrible play calling to win a game in OT. Atlanta ran 40 plays and had almost 400 yards. It is what it is. I'm not trying to take away the win for NE. They deserved it but let's not pretend Atlanta didn't dominate the game for 50+ minutes. I'm just asking him to show some class ( as I did by coming back right after the game). That's not asking too much

You are showing zero class and I'll ride your ass for good.

Your facts all turned out to be alternative.

Matt Ryan couldn't handle the big stage.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Telling people what's going to happen isn't obnoxious. Just because they don't want to believe it or hear it doesn't make it less likely to happen"

There was no "the Falcons will score nearly every time, unless they crap their pants when the game is on the line" You guaranteed it. You stated that there was no way they weren't scoring 30+. The offense scored 21. You were called out for being obnoxious, you said the game would determine that.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word. Looked like fun. I won't likely attend as I'm in Cali, but I'd love to see one take place in DC again before I'm taking a dirt nap.
If I'm not mistaken, DC has the 2nd longest championship drought of any city that has a team in each of the big 4 yes? Longest would be Minneapolis/St. Paul, by a couple months.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Telling people what's going to happen isn't obnoxious. Just because they don't want to believe it or hear it doesn't make it less likely to happen"

There was no "the Falcons will score nearly every time, unless they crap their pants when the game is on the line" You guaranteed it. You stated that there was no way they weren't scoring 30+. The offense scored 21. You were called out for being obnoxious, you said the game would determine that.
I said the whole 2 weeks that NE would have a chance to win because of Brady. They were aided and abetted by Shanahan blanking out. The Pats offense came through just as I said they could. When you give up 28 points on 41 plays your defense stink. That's period point blank. Man its like you guys didn't watch the game. Just be ecstatic you won because you could play that 4th quarter 1000 more times and you wouldn't win once. You guys got a perfect confluence events and it allowed you to win a game you got dominated in. That's what happened. Doesn't take the win away but let's be honest about what occurred

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the whole 2 weeks that NE would have a chance to win because of Brady. They were aided and abetted by Shanahan blanking out. The Pats offense came through just as I said they could. When you give up 28 points on 41 plays your defense stink. That's period point blank. Man its like you guys didn't watch the game. Just be ecstatic you won because you could play that 4th quarter 1000 more times and you wouldn't win once. You guys got a perfect confluence events and it allowed you to win a game you got dominated in. That's what happened. Doesn't take the win away but let's be honest about what occurred

Sorry about my Pats CUNTS

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's not pretend Atlanta didn't dominate the game for 50+ minutes.

Hmmmm. That was around the time Gostkowski(sp) kicked a FG to make it 28-12. If I were a Falcons fan. That would've been right around the time my shirt collar was getting a little tight around my neck. And though it seemed kinda weird. Ol' Bighead Joe Buck's words, "Its a two score game now." had an ominous this shit ain't close to being over vibe to em.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They don't hand out cigars for close..... 50 minutes???

Talk about rationalization......

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm. That was around the time Gostkowski(sp) kicked a FG to make it 28-12. If I were a Falcons fan. That would've been right around the time my shirt collar was getting a little tight around my neck. And though it seemed kinda weird. Ol' Bighead Joe Buck's words, "Its a two score game now." had an ominous this shit ain't close to being over vibe to em.
For sure and that's right when Shanny went full retard. New England still had to play perfect to win and props to them they did it. Even that wouldn't have been enough if we had had an OC who hadn't panicked. He did. NE capitalized. That's what happened.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense gave up 21 points, not 28. They ran 46 offensive plays, not 41. Coming in to this game, the Falcons had scored 0.52 points per offensive play run (taking out the 3 INT returns and 2 fumble returns). In the game, they scored 0.46 points per offensive play run.

So if the defense stinks, how did they hold the Falcons to below their average?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to be a Pats fan to know who the obnoxious over the top person was on these boards.
38 points, superior RB's, receivers and throwing the ball all over the yard

LOL

Now it's the coaches and one big ass excuse.

Funniest part is the guy talks about having class

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense gave up 21 points, not 28. They ran 46 offensive plays, not 41. Coming in to this game, the Falcons had scored 0.52 points per offensive play run (taking out the 3 INT returns and 2 fumble returns). In the game, they scored 0.46 points per offensive play run.

So if the defense stinks, how did they hold the Falcons to below their average?
Holding the best offense in the league to their average still means you stunk. You and I both know I said I was leaning NE but would probably ultimately take Atlanta because I'm a fan the final score was pretty much what I thought it'd be. It's just irritating that a fan base who got gifted a title is acting somehow like they were clearly the better teams you werent. You aren't. You still won. Congrats. All it took was a 1 in 1000 chance to happen

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to be a Pats fan to know who the obnoxious over the top person was on these boards.
38 points, superior RB's, receivers and throwing the ball all over the yard

LOL

Now it's the coaches and one big ass excuse.

Funniest part is the guy talks about having class
I said 34 points not 38 and they clearly were the better team and if not for the calls would have scored 34 and won. That's reality. Sorry to throw some common sense into the thread were over already said my team choked

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken, DC has the 2nd longest championship drought of any city that has a team in each of the big 4 yes? Longest would be Minneapolis/St. Paul, by a couple months.

I can't call it. I don't give a runny shit about any teams in DC except the Skins and I fell in love with them while living in Georgia. That sounds about right though.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holding the best offense in the league to their average still means you stunk. You and I both know I said I was leaning NE but would probably ultimately take Atlanta because I'm a fan the final score was pretty much what I thought it'd be. It's just irritating that a fan base who got gifted a title is acting somehow like they were clearly the better teams you werent. You aren't. You still won. Congrats. All it took was a 1 in 1000 chance to happen
Wait, if you hold the best offense in the league to below their average, it means you stink?

They were the better team because the game is 60 minutes, and sometimes more. You didn't finish, you lost.