• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which choke job was worse?

Which choke job was worse?

• 2014 Seahawks - Call a pass play on the goal line rather than running Marshawn Lynch, intercepted.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • 2016 Falcons - Blow a 25 point 3rd quarter lead.

Votes: 53 82.8%
  • Neither was a choke - New England just outplayed them.

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only have one time out left if they run there. Not enough time for three running plays, thus the pass call. AGAIN, opinions are all good, got no problem with that, but the facts of how much time remained and how many time outs they had left are what they are.

Pete should take some heat for clock management, if they'd HAD an extra timeout, they probably would have run something a little less risky than the slant.

I realize I'm not going to convince you, but so long as you put out there that it's a foregone conclusion that they should have run it, I'm going to argue with you.

Forever.

:) ESPECIALLY since you're a Hawks fan.

Don't get sucked into that lazy thinking media narrative.

I would be ok with what you said in an earlier post, roll Wilson out on a bootleg... That way he can run it, throw it to an open receiver in the back of the end-zone, or throw it away if it's not there..

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way and justice was served for us football fans who were subjected to your daily over the top bull shit of being so superior. Now you look the whinny excuse maker part. Typical internet bull shitter that now squats to pee.

Pretty much this. I bought rmilia a consolation prize.

d52e1cf89517d8046f0fa103dacbabea.jpg

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be ok with what you said in an earlier post, roll Wilson out on a bootleg... That way he can run it, throw it to an open receiver in the back of the end-zone, or throw it away if it's not there..

Right, as they walked up to the line, I'm remembering that TD he scored earlier that year where he got to the edge. Made the defender look silly.

In hindsight, it was absolutely a great call.

But my whole point is that there were good solid reasons why they called the slant.

Lockett leaned. Butler guessed, guessed right, and then made a play for the ages.

If Lockett doesn't lean, at worst, it's incomplete with the clock stopped, and we have 2 cracks at glory with a timeout in hand.

Lockett leaned.

So it goes.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons. They where up 28-9 in quarter 4. You got to protect that. As to the Seahawks it's easy for us to judge but at exact moment on that field you don't know what these guys are thinking.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the int at the 1yd line was more of a great play by Butler then a choke. Atlanta losing with having a 25pt lead is a choke job.