• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Lebron wants to deal with Lavar Ball either. I know that's ridiculous to even bring up. But man is that guy a blowhard and has a large following.

Lavar hasn't said a thing in weeks and I seriously doubt that Lebron would pay him much mind anyway.

It's not like Lavar is hanging out in the locker room before and after games or attending practices or anything.

I think part of the reason we haven't heard anything from him is because the Lakers finally learned to just ignore him.

Pretty sure Lebron could learn to do the same.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean just really think about it for a second.

LeBron is going to go from 15 years of playing with veteran players, insisting on teams doing everything they can to win, playing with the ball in his hands

giving all that up to go play off the ball with a bunch of young guys that have never played in the playoffs before?

am i taking crazy pills? is this a set up? lol...Am i Truman on the Truman Show?

So you're saying there's no way in hell he goes to the Lakers?

I'm going to have to start telling you to shut the fuck up again wiggy, this is just pathetic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCollum is a great shooter, but much lower priced players are also great shooters when they are wide open because of LeBron.
McCollum can create offf the dribble too - hes a complete offensive player- kind of kyrie-lite. less chance of injury.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCollum is a great shooter, but much lower priced players are also great shooters when they are wide open because of LeBron.

I agree. The money is worth spending elsewhere. Lebron will make marginal 3-point shooters look good. McCollum would just keep doing what he's doing. I feel like adding a quality 4/5 would be preferable.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying there's no way in hell he goes to the Lakers?

I'm going to have to start telling you to shut the fuck up again wiggy, this is just pathetic.

I won't phrase it the way Wiggy is.

But I'm in I'll believe it when I see it mode with Lebron going to LA.

This is one where I'm just perplexed as to where he'll go. I do think he's out in Cleveland, unless they somehow win a title this year. Which I doubt very much with the roster they have around him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no he would DEF not be going to Philly to mentor kids- he would be going to Philly to win. If Simmons and Embiid were top 50 guys instead of top 20 guys- if they werent able to win a playoff series already and show they were great talents- he wouldnt touch them with a 10 foot pole.

I don't give a fuck if they're top 10, 20, or 50.
They're still kids.
1 playoffs series win between them.
Yes, he'd be going their to win, but he'd also be teaching ( mentoring) them how to win.
Exactly what you said he wouldn't do.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a VERY VERY good reason why in LeBron's 15 year career he has never had a "pure" point guard

ya know why?

because its the LAST thing he wants. Especially one that is an awful shooter.

I agree with this. The best PG he had was Irving, and he operated more as a 2-guard rather than a point - someone who runs the offense.

Lebron wants to follow a Big 3 formula - have a high-scoring guard along with an all-star quality stretch 4 that can be plugged in at the 5 on small ball lineups.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am serious when I say I could not imagine a worse starting point guard in the entire NBA to team up with LeBron than Lonzo Ball

It's scary how much in agreement were are. But I'm thinking the same thing.

Having said that, the Lakers would be quick to trade Lonzo if Lebron said he were coming to LA and wanted someone else back there instead of Ball.

If I'm Magic, I'd make that gamble real quick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a fuck if they're top 10, 20, or 50.
They're still kids.
1 playoffs series win between them.
Yes, he'd be going their to win, but he'd also be teaching ( mentoring) them how to win.
Exactly what you said he wouldn't do.
well you are a fool then.

Those "kids" just smoked your Heat---- those "kids" that you said youd rather have the Heats roster in October- are really really good

if they werent REALLY REALLY good and obviously franchise talents- no one is talking about going there. If they were just dudes we would have never heard a peep about LeBron rumors.

There are only rumors becuase those 2 are good enough to be top 10 players in the league and are already top 20 players in the league

Kyrie- the same thing- if Kyrie was years away from helping and had huge holes in his game- LeBron never comes back. He is not going to play with kids that arent ready and give up years of his prime.

As I said--- id say in the last 10 years- Simmons is the 2nd best player to come into the NBA, and Embiid prob the 5th-6th best prospect. They are true superstar talents that can push to win RIGHT NOW.

I mean shit- ill say one thing about those two- before LeBron came to Cleveland kyrie hadnt got to the playoffs much less ripped though a playoff series (even if the opponent was rather weak).

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't phrase it the way Wiggy is.

But I'm in I'll believe it when I see it mode with Lebron going to LA.

This is one where I'm just perplexed as to where he'll go. I do think he's out in Cleveland, unless they somehow win a title this year. Which I doubt very much with the roster they have around him.

agreed that if he DOES stay in Cleveland that there'd better be a pretty massive shake-up. no titles coming as the Cavs are currently constructed ...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ--- have you watched the guy?

he has zero interest in not playing with the ball in his hands. zero.

LeBron wants the ball and he wants shooters around him. If you could give him that he would be highly susceptible to an offer if you ask me.

Asking Lebron to play off the ball is asking Lebron to not be Lebron.

Are me and Wiggy really seeing eye-to-eye this much?

This lets you know that homerism is starting to kick in. It's called tempering expectations and keeping unrealistic scenarios

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's scary how much in agreement were are. But I'm thinking the same thing.

Having said that, the Lakers would be quick to trade Lonzo if Lebron said he were coming to LA and wanted someone else back there instead of Ball.

If I'm Magic, I'd make that gamble real quick.
that would be concerning--- if they could get a win-now vet and Magic presented that as part of the package

saying- here we can get George--- and we can also get Point Guard X that can shoot the 3, play a little D and has been there before in big games.

Selling LeBron on---well we get a couple 22 year old kids- one is rail thin and a stiff breeze will knock him down and the other one is literally the worst back court shooter in the NBA by a fair margin- and oh yah- you will have to share the ball with him- and neither have a lick of big game experience- is the sales pitch I HOPE they go for.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Ball finished developing as a player?

I can see what you are implying, but alot of people thought Harden/Paul couldn’t coexist.

Thing with Harden and Paul is they're both great shooters. Lonzo isn't. That's not saying he won't be down the road. But having said that, I don't see this being something that'll develop by one offseason. It may take a couple. By then, Lebron will be viewing retirement.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you are a fool then.

Those "kids" just smoked your Heat---- those "kids" that you said youd rather have the Heats roster in October- are really really good

if they werent REALLY REALLY good and obviously franchise talents- no one is talking about going there. If they were just dudes we would have never heard a peep about LeBron rumors.

There are only rumors becuase those 2 are good enough to be top 10 players in the league and are already top 20 players in the league

Kyrie- the same thing- if Kyrie was years away from helping and had huge holes in his game- LeBron never comes back. He is not going to play with kids that arent ready and give up years of his prime.

As I said--- id say in the last 10 years- Simmons is the 2nd best player to come into the NBA, and Embiid prob the 5th-6th best prospect. They are true superstar talents that can push to win RIGHT NOW.

I mean shit- ill say one thing about those two- before LeBron came to Cleveland kyrie hadnt got to the playoffs much less ripped though a playoff series (even if the opponent was rather weak).

Lots of wasted words.
Just man up and say LeBron isn't interested in a rebuild vs saying he's not interested in mentoring kids.
The talent level of the player doesn't change the fact that they are a kid.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking Lebron to play off the ball is asking Lebron to not be Lebron.

Are me and Wiggy really seeing eye-to-eye this much?

This lets you know that homerism is starting to kick in. It's called tempering expectations and keeping unrealistic scenarios
it is scary...but its just nuts to me. LeBron is who he is because he plays on the ball---- the Heat and Cavs were set up specifically for that

LEBron top of the key--- shooters in the corners---- maybe 4 shooters- maybe 3 shooters and a guy who comes up to set a pick and rolls to the basket---- then LeBron makes the decision whether ot attack or to dish.

Could you imagine LeBron sitting the post waiting for the ball from a 22 year old kid that hasnt played in a playoff game? LeBron would lose his mind. He had no patience for multi time all star Kyrie Irving.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavar hasn't said a thing in weeks and I seriously doubt that Lebron would pay him much mind anyway.

It's not like Lavar is hanging out in the locker room before and after games or attending practices or anything.

I think part of the reason we haven't heard anything from him is because the Lakers finally learned to just ignore him.

Pretty sure Lebron could learn to do the same.

Well, right now the Lakers are in offseason mode and Lavar's getting his two younger spawn geared up for the NBA. Neither of which are getting in.

When the Lakers don't draft either Ball kid, I guarantee Lavar's saying something.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way Boogie does that.

You gotta remember he's still smarting over missing out on that 200 mil Super Max.

Coming off injury, he's gonna want long-term security.

With the money that's going around, ya'll high as shit thinking Boogie ain't taking the largest contract he can get.