• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly....if LeBron went to the LAkers chances are ingram and ball would be sent outta town on the next flight available for vets to win now. LeBron isnt sacrificing the last years of his prime to teach kids. lol, could you even imagine?

So if he went to Philly, he wouldn't be teaching kids?
Philly kids are more talented, but they're still kids.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be one of the most perplexing decisions for Lebron.

Decision I - Came down to which situation would allow Lebron the best path to succeed and win a title. There were many suitors, but mainly - Cleveland, Miami, Chicago and NY (lol thinking about that one).

Decision II - Come home or stay with the team that helped win titles - Cleveland and Miami

Decision III .- I think if Lebron were to leave, he's going somewhere again where he has a chance to win. But he's probably going to think about a team where he doesn't have to do all of the heavy lifting. I think the suitors are - Cleveland, Philly and Houston.

I think Lebron tries to go for a different team so he has a chance at a title on a 3rd different team. This would be something that he could gloat about - wherever I go, I win.

Having said that, if he re-signs in Cleveland, I think we can put to rest the racist email. It's not something I'd put past Gilbert, but I highly doubt he's that much of a dumbass to send a racist email to Lebron's agent......then again, there was that Comic Sans letter.
the one big thing i see that is the obstacle to him signing in Cleveland is if he thinks he cant beat Boston. I think he thinks PHilly is still a year- prob two away----- but Boston with HAyward and Kyrie could be a problem.

He is not going to set himself up to lose to Boston if its just not his fault in the series.

I think if the Cavs are able to move the lotto pick for a guy like McCollum, or better- he stays....if they dont and are unable to make another move then I have no clue what he does.

Even Philly is not a great fit because while Simmons is a ton better than Ball- Simmons is another guy that cant shoot and is the guy with the ball in his hands the whole time.

Its clear to anyone that watches LeBron that LeBron wants too and needs to run the show. He wants to and NEEDS to be that guy pounding the ball into the floor on top of the paint. He wouldnt give it up to Kyrie for any kind of real time and Kyrie is one of the best pure offensive players i have ever seen.

LeBron wants his shooters and wants that ball and wants the credit. HE wants those 12 assists a night in the playoffs and the ball in his hands the vast majority of the time. He wants his vets- guys that have been there- that he doesnt have to wipe their asses. He wants that ball at the top of the key- for a big man to come set the pick and start the play and then to make that read whether to pass or go for it. You arent going to find him playing off the ball hoping for a pass from a 22 year old kid- whether its Ball or Simmons. There is just no fucking way. Its why I doubt its Philly and if its LA then Ball will be outta town on the next thing smoking.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they would keep 24 year old emiid and Simmons since hes prob the 2nd most talented player (to Davis) to come out of college in the past decade. Saric, Fultz, etc. would prob. be traded for win- now vets and some shooting--- esp. since they prob couldnt resign Redick and Bellini is a FA.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhhh... i think Lonzo does need the ball in his hands.

You can continue to think that, but you'll be continue to be wrong.

if he doesnt what is he doing? Every single team would double off him and make things harder on LeBron. Doubling off a point guard who cant shoot a 3 and cant hit a free throw and isnt a great finisher at the rim to go guard LEBron is precisely the type of thing that would get LeBron double teamed with little consequence time and time again

He's initiating the offense and setting the pace. The Lakers played at one of the fastest paces in the league and when their offense is running as it's designed, the ball doesn't stop moving. That would lead to open shots for Lebron just like it did the Lakers players this past season.

I understand that you don't want Lebron leaving Cleveland, but some of this stuff you're coming up with is a real stretch.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one big thing i see that is the obstacle to him signing in Cleveland is if he thinks he cant beat Boston. I think he thinks PHilly is still a year- prob two away----- but Boston with HAyward and Kyrie could be a problem.

He is not going to set himself up to lose to Boston if its just not his fault in the series.

I think if the Cavs are able to move the lotto pick for a guy like McCollum, or better- he stays....if they dont and are unable to make another move then I have no clue what he does.

Even Philly is not a great fit because while Simmons is a ton better than Ball- Simmons is another guy that cant shoot and is the guy with the ball in his hands the whole time.

Its clear to anyone that watches LeBron that LeBron wants too and needs to run the show. He wants to and NEEDS to be that guy pounding the ball into the floor on top of the paint. He wouldnt give it up to Kyrie for any kind of real time and Kyrie is one of the best pure offensive players i have ever seen.

LeBron wants his shooters and wants that ball and wants the credit. HE wants those 12 assists a night in the playoffs and the ball in his hands the vast majority of the time. He wants his vets- guys that have been there- that he doesnt have to wipe their asses. He wants that ball at the top of the key- for a big man to come set the pick and start the play and then to make that read whether to pass or go for it. You arent going to find him playing off the ball hoping for a pass from a 22 year old kid- whether its Ball or Simmons. There is just no fucking way. Its why I doubt its Philly and if its LA then Ball will be outta town on the next thing smoking.

I don't think Lebron wants to deal with Lavar Ball either. I know that's ridiculous to even bring up. But man is that guy a blowhard and has a large following. But as you've mentioned, I don't see him going to Philly in the long run given that Simmons is the catalyst for why they're down 3-0 to the Celtics.

The fact that he can't make anything outside of 10 feet is very concerning.

Personally, I'd like to see Lebron head out to Utah and join up with Mitchell and Gobert.

If he could win a title with Utah, that'd make me do a quick 180 on the whole GOAT thing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another spin.
Nobody is saying he should play off the ball for significant meaningful minutes.

Point was you said he needed to leave Wade/Bosh/Heat because he was being forced to carry too much of the load.
4 years later, he's never had to do more then the current position he's in.

#fact
im not saying he isnt going to LA--- ive already said that while I think Cleveland is a favorite, LA is an option. Im saying he is a terrible fit with Lonzo Ball and that if he went to LA Ball would likely be traded immediately for veteran help kind of like Wiggins was since A. LeBron isnt playing with a PG who needs the ball and cant shoot, and B. he isnt waiting for 22 year olds to develop when hes gonna be 34 in December and has prob about 1-3 more years as the best player in the game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Lebron wants to deal with Lavar Ball either. I know that's ridiculous to even bring up. But man is that guy a blowhard and has a large following. But as you've mentioned, I don't see him going to Philly in the long run given that Simmons is the catalyst for why they're down 3-0 to the Celtics.

The fact that he can't make anything outside of 10 feet is very concerning.

Personally, I'd like to see Lebron head out to Utah and join up with Mitchell and Gobert.

If he could win a title with Utah, that'd make me do a quick 180 on the whole GOAT thing.
LaVar would try and use LeBron to up Lavar Balls platform and LeBron would get REAL sick of that REAL quick.

like i said though- LeBron does NOT want to lose to Kyrie- if LeBron thinks the Cavs- even if he plays his ass off- cant beat Boston- he could leave. Cavs need to add a legit player this offseason somehow like a McCollum. Id feel really good about him staying if they could get a player like that for the pick.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they would keep 24 year old emiid and Simmons since hes prob the 2nd most talented player (to Davis) to come out of college in the past decade. Saric, Fultz, etc. would prob. be traded for win- now vets and some shooting--- esp. since they prob couldnt resign Redick and Bellini is a FA.

Jesus Christ.
Now you're guessing which role players might be traded?

You just said James wouldn't go anywhere to mentor kids when referring to the Lakers supposed top prospects.
If he went to Philly, he'd be doing just that.
He'd be going to a team to mentor their top prospects.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 .....

If they are willing to go Full max, I don't think he's closed the door on the Thunder.

"I talked to P.G.," Presti said during his exit interview for the season, per Fred Katz of The Norman Transcript. "I would say why don't we listen to Paul. He has a lot of comments also. I'm not trying to dissuade anybody or say that what someone says someone told them is inaccurate. I'd just rather listen to the man himself."

"I'd also reflect on the fact that P.G. really keeps his business, like, pretty in-house," he said. "We've gone through the whole year, we haven't heard a whole lot of stuff since he's been here. He's been pretty straight down the middle. I can't do anything but trust the things I'm being told. And I do because if you can't do that, when I say trust, I mean trust the fact that he said positive things about the organization."

However, Presti knows that it isn't all rainbows, butterflies and trust. If you're going to keep George, who turned 28 on Wednesday, you need to break out the checkbook too. When he was asked about paying the expensive tax to keep George, his response was clear: "The answer to that would be affirmative."

George himself has said that he would "love to" remain in OKC, but he wasn't shy in adding that he was in no rush to make a choice. "There was a lot to be happy about: the fans, the city, the organization," George said after the team's Game 6 loss to the Jazz ended their season. "Everything has been unbelievable. It's too soon. I'd love to remain a Thunder, but that's what this summer is for. We'll address that in the summer."

I don't see PG coming back. He along with Melo are shouldering a majority of the blame for their 1st round exodus.

As you've said before, he's talking out both side of his mouth.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid and Simmons might already be top 20 players. Probably are.

Fultz and Saric- like i said- would prob be dealt for veteran help.

The Embiid/LeBron PnR with Embiid screening and rolling ot the basket would be a fucking nightmare to guard.

Simmons is a little more problematic of a match-- he used to having the ball in his hands a ton and cant shoot. ITs why i think Kawhi is a better fit with the Sixers---- 3 and D guy would fit in perfect with them.

Covington, Fultz, and some picks would prob be the best deal the Spurs could land.

PG- Simmons
SG- Redick
SF- Leonard
PF- Saric
C- Embiid

would be pretty scary.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see PG coming back. He along with Melo are shouldering a majority of the blame for their 1st round exodus.

As you've said before, he's talking out both side of his mouth.
yah PG is gone.

I could see him going to LA...maybe the Wiz....i dont think he wants to be "the man" though wherever he goes. Do you?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaVar would try and use LeBron to up Lavar Balls platform and LeBron would get REAL sick of that REAL quick.

like i said though- LeBron does NOT want to lose to Kyrie- if LeBron thinks the Cavs- even if he plays his ass off- cant beat Boston- he could leave. Cavs need to add a legit player this offseason somehow like a McCollum. Id feel really good about him staying if they could get a player like that for the pick.[/QUOTE

No question LeBron and LaVar wouldn't mix.

Anyway, when the fuck did people start putting Le or La in the front part of a name?

As far as Kyrie, if/when they take that screw out of his knee, I believe he becomes vulnerable for major re injury at any time.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah PG is gone.

I could see him going to LA...maybe the Wiz....i dont think he wants to be "the man" though wherever he goes. Do you?

I think Philly would make sense for him. He's not the 3-point shooter Reddick is, but he's more well rounded and he's a great defender; something Reddick isn't.

But I see him going to LA. Don't know why, but DC just is in a bad flux right now.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

like i said though- LeBron does NOT want to lose to Kyrie- if LeBron thinks the Cavs- even if he plays his ass off- cant beat Boston- he could leave. Cavs need to add a legit player this offseason somehow like a McCollum. Id feel really good about him staying if they could get a player like that for the pick.

Would you want to deal that lotto pick (likely top 3) for McCollum? He's a good player, but I'm not sure he's worth that pick. I say that because I feel like that's the only way you get him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid and Simmons might already be top 20 players. Probably are.

Fultz and Saric- like i said- would prob be dealt for veteran help.

The Embiid/LeBron PnR with Embiid screening and rolling ot the basket would be a fucking nightmare to guard.

Simmons is a little more problematic of a match-- he used to having the ball in his hands a ton and cant shoot. ITs why i think Kawhi is a better fit with the Sixers---- 3 and D guy would fit in perfect with them.

Covington, Fultz, and some picks would prob be the best deal the Spurs could land.

PG- Simmons
SG- Redick
SF- Leonard
PF- Saric
C- Embiid

would be pretty scary.

I'll really try to simplify this for you.
If he went to Philly, would he be mentoring kids?

Yes or no?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean just really think about it for a second.

LeBron is going to go from 15 years of playing with veteran players, insisting on teams doing everything they can to win, playing with the ball in his hands

giving all that up to go play off the ball with a bunch of young guys that have never played in the playoffs before?

am i taking crazy pills? is this a set up? lol...Am i Truman on the Truman Show?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you want to deal that lotto pick (likely top 3) for McCollum? He's a good player, but I'm not sure he's worth that pick. I say that because I feel like that's the only way you get him.

McCollum is a great shooter, but much lower priced players are also great shooters when they are wide open because of LeBron.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll really try to simplify this for you.
If he went to Philly, would he be mentoring kids?

Yes or no?
no he would DEF not be going to Philly to mentor kids- he would be going to Philly to win. If Simmons and Embiid were top 50 guys instead of top 20 guys- if they werent able to win a playoff series already and show they were great talents- he wouldnt touch them with a 10 foot pole.