• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of wasted words.
Just man up and say LeBron isn't interested in a rebuild vs saying he's not interested in mentoring kids.
The talent level of the player doesn't change the fact that they are a kid.
Of course their talent level changes the discussion!!!!!!-- the only problem with being a "kid" is that you arent ready

those 2 are ready to win. I mean was that not obvious to you when they whooped the Heats ass? Why you cant see that is beyond me. LeBron doesnt care if a guy is 17 years old or 43 years old--- if they can help him win they can help him win--- the problem is USUALLY those 22 year olds cant help him win.

Fortunately for the Sixers they have 2 of the best talents to enter the league in the last decade- and both already have playoff experience. Both are ready to win regardless if they are 17 years old or 43 years old.

Sometimes, you develop a PROCESS and it just works out aces like the Sixers just did. If just WINNING is all that matters to LeBron then the Sixers are the place--- but i dont think he wants the mercenary tag, and i dont think he wants to share the ball.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, right now the Lakers are in offseason mode and Lavar's getting his two younger spawn geared up for the NBA. Neither of which are getting in.

When the Lakers don't draft either Ball kid, I guarantee Lavar's saying something.
yah imagine if the Lakers were in the news all the time because they got LeBron etc- theyd be winning more etc......there isnt enough duct tape in the world to keep that guys mouth shut if he gets a platform like that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, right now the Lakers are in offseason mode and Lavar's getting his two younger spawn geared up for the NBA. Neither of which are getting in.

When the Lakers don't draft either Ball kid, I guarantee Lavar's saying something.

He hadn't said anything in quite awhile before the season ended. The last thing I remember him saying was something shortly after he and the other 2 got to Lithuania.

I agree that he'll say something when the Lakers don't draft either of the other 2...but I really don't think it'll amount to anything.

In short, Lebron may not choose to go to the Lakers, but Lavar won't be the reason. I doubt he'd even be part of it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course their talent level changes the discussion!!!!!!-- the only problem with being a "kid" is that you arent ready

those 2 are ready to win. I mean was that not obvious to you when they whooped the Heats ass? Why you cant see that is beyond me. LeBron doesnt care if a guy is 17 years old or 43 years old--- if they can help him win they can help him win--- the problem is USUALLY those 22 year olds cant help him win.

Fortunately for the Sixers they have 2 of the best talents to enter the league in the last decade- and both already have playoff experience. Both are ready to win regardless if they are 17 years old or 43 years old.

Sometimes, you develop a PROCESS and it just works out aces like the Sixers just did. If just WINNING is all that matters to LeBron then the Sixers are the place--- but i dont think he wants the mercenary tag, and i dont think he wants to share the ball.

Funny how @WiggyRuss can try to spin every incorrect thing he's said into what currently is.

exactly....if LeBron went to the LAkers chances are ingram and ball would be sent outta town on the next flight available for vets to win now. LeBron isnt sacrificing the last years of his prime to teach kids. lol, could you even imagine?

Thanks for playing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's perfect in just about any offense.
LeBron can definitely do whatever he wants to do.

Why he would give up the ball when he is still the best player in the world is beyond me.

Plus- he hates playing in the post and taking the beating that it does to him. He has no interest banging around with PFs and Cs on a nightly basis for 30+ minutes a night---- he wants to dribble the ball at the top of the key against opposing wings and abuse them with his size, get assists, make plays for others......

Could you even imagine LeBron running around picks Richard Hamilton style? It would be like asking Van Gogh to paint with a tooth pick or Bill Gates to code with his feet, or for Tom Brady to throw a football left handed.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for playing.
if you think Ball and Ingram are ready to help a guy win like Simmons and Embiid are . lol....but maybe you do after reading that post about the Sixers you had back in October--- like you said- those 2 could be the next okafors and noels...LOL.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Philly's kids are down 3-0 to the Celts 2nd string plus Horford.
What's the explanation?

They're still young.
They're still NBA kids.
If James went there, he'd be mentoring them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking Lebron to play off the ball is asking Lebron to not be Lebron.

I think it's hilarious that people think that Lebron can only play one way. I mean, is he or is he not, the greatest swiss army knife type player since Magic?

How is it homerism to point out that he can play well and be happy in system that relies on ball movement and creates a lot of open shots for everyone?

Also funny that people say he has to play this one certain way, but then talk about him going to places like Philly and Houston.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you think Ball and Ingram are ready to help a guy win like Simmons and Embiid are . lol....but maybe you do after reading that post about the Sixers you had back in October--- like you said- those 2 could be the next okafors and noels...LOL.

I'll bet every decent trial attorney in Ohio hopes/prays that you are an opposing trial attorney.

It's absolutely unreal.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the money that's going around, ya'll high as shit thinking Boogie ain't taking the largest contract he can get.

Getting as much as he can get, doesn't necessarily mean getting as much as he wants.

That injury is a potential game changer for him. Of all of the injuries he could be coming back from, that's gotta be the worst or damn close to it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting as much as he can get, doesn't necessarily mean getting as much as he wants.

That injury is a potential game changer for him. Of all of the injuries he could be coming back from, that's gotta be the worst or damn close to it.

I have a gut feeling that Riley would take the risk if he can create the space.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's perfect in just about any offense.

SLIGHTLY disagree at this stage of his career. he's already playing massive minutes and look at Cleveland current pace of play. not Walton's style at all...

that kind of uptempo pace imo would be a detriment...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah imagine if the Lakers were in the news all the time because they got LeBron etc- theyd be winning more etc......there isnt enough duct tape in the world to keep that guys mouth shut if he gets a platform like that.

like the Lakers FO truly gives a rat's ass what LaVar is yapping about...

I agree with what tf12 said earlier. they consider him white noise and are tuning him out...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a gut feeling that Riley would take the risk if he can create the space.

I could see that. I think the Heat are in a position that it makes sense for them to take that risk. Similar to when the Lakers got Dwight and Nash.

They have to wait out some deals before they can really do much to improve the team. So if they sign Boogie and he looks good, they'll be in position to make some improvements rather than just blow it up and start over.

If he doesn't look good, then they're in the same position they were going to be in without taking the risk.

If the Lakers take a chance on him and he doesn't pan out, it stops some or all of the forward momentum they're building.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like the Lakers FO truly gives a rat's ass what LaVar is yapping about...

I agree with what tf12 said earlier. they consider him white noise and are tuning him out...

How come white noise isn't considered a racist term?

:trash:

:laugh:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol got me there. I'll try to come up with something more PC in the future...

lol

Having raised 3 teenage girls.

I'm pretty sure the term originated from how much teenage white girls talk.

I still remember my son coming to me and saying "Dad, do they ever stop talking? At some point you'd think they'd run out of words."

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic as an individual player, yes maybe.

But Ingram might have a better ceiling. And Lonzo and Kuzma have played far too little to show off their true potential.
Yeah, way to early to definitively state which of these guys will reach their potential.