• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just strikes me as nuts to hear that --- i mean- just watch the playoff games- lebron is getting exactly what he wants.

Lebron has to play the way he's playing. Who else on that team are you going to turn running the offense over to?

When paired with a pg like Lonzo, who looks to pass as his first, 2nd and 3rd option...Lebron would get just as many shots as he does now and wouldn't have to work nearly as hard to get them.

And he would still have cart blanche to take over the game when he felt it necessary.

I just cant even fathom lebron playing off the ball for any real amount of time since (a) he does not want to and (b) it would be an unfathomable waste

That's because you haven't seen him on a team where he doesn't have to do everything on every play.
Funny too that when he left the Heat you said that it was because they got old and he was having to do too much and wouldn't have to do as much with the younger Cavs roster...

and now suddenly he "wants" to do everything.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your core was around Kobe Bryant for a couple of years. I don't see anyone matching the bolded.

Yeah, when it comes to competitiveness, drive, etc. I'm pretty sure Kobe's level qualifies as a mental illness. lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling it now.....if we get James and another player.....PG or Cousins or even Leonard.....we win a title in the next 2-3 years.

Just remember lately time has been vindicating me a lot lately.

I don't know about that.

PG has to prove a lot. Granted, his lackluster performance could be a consistent trend of guys who've played with Westbrook who played better later on in different locations.

Cousins looks to be a disaster. For as talented as he is, notice that the Pelicans started winning more and were generally consistent. Boogie is a head case.

Leonard's a great player and is the best two-way player in the game. Only problem with your theory of Kawhi joining the Lakers is he's still on contract with the Spurs for one more year. It's up to Pop on if he wants to trade him. And if he does, I strongly doubt that Kawhi's getting traded to the Lakers.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when it comes to competitiveness, drive, etc. I'm pretty sure Kobe's level qualifies as a mental illness. lol

To uncomfortable levels. But if we want to make the statement that these young guys are going to pick this up from Lebron - it'd be like catching a cold from Lebron. With Kobe, it'd be looking catching the Great Plague.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean i was hoping lebron would help hood clarkson and nance more- but the young guys really, when its all said and done, ahve to figure it out on their own by going through those battles.

Yah- Boston is well coached, and very mentally tough and they have some solid perimeter defenders--- they are more like the Pacers in that---- but the Cavs have been there, have a good veteran team, LeBron is playing his best etc.

I would highly doubt Cavs/Celts would go 7....im going Cleveland in 5 or 6. Finishing it off in 6 at home sounds about right.

I'm going with Cavs in 6 as well.....unfortunately.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron has to play the way he's playing. Who else on that team are you going to turn running the offense over to?

When paired with pg like Lonzo who looks to pass as his first, 2nd and 3rd option...Lebron would get just as many shots at he does now and wouldn't have to work nearly as hard to get them.

And he would still have cart blanche to take over the game when he felt it necessary.

That's because you haven't seen him on a team where he doesn't have to do everything on every play.
Funny too that when he left the Heat you said that it was because they got old and he was having to do too much and wouldn't have to do as much with the younger Cavs roster...

and now suddenly he "wants" to do everything.

Funny how @WiggyRuss can try to spin every incorrect thing he's said into what currently is.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope....they can sign him to whatever his max deal would be once the Lakers sign 2 other max guys. If he waits that long. They can go over the cap to sign their own guys. But, yeah Deng would have to be stretched I believe.

The salary cap isn't my strength when it comes to basketball.

No, they can't. Randle has a cap hold of over $12 mil. PG will make a $30 million max contract. Lebron will make $35 mil.

Can Lakers Land LeBron, Paul George and Keep Budding Star Julius Randle?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If James does come to LA....part of it's gonna be because of Magic. He wants to be an owner one day and he can pick Magic's brain on the daily. And they'll contend if they bring in another star.

He could go to Philly and win titles but Magic will be the difference IMO.

Jesus Christ, DJ. I hate picking you apart like this.

But Lebron really doesn't need Magic. Lebron's already nearing the half billion net worth mark and he's already got a lifetime Nike contract.

Unlike most players, Lebron's net worth will likely shoot up once he retires. His business team has already set up other venues for him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Lebron really doesn't need Magic. Lebron's already nearing the half billion net worth mark and he's already got a lifetime Nike contract.

Unlike most players, Lebron's net worth will likely shoot up once he retires. His business team has already set up other venues for him.

Hair Club for Men?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how @WiggyRuss can try to spin every incorrect thing he's said into what currently is.
it is what currently is. lol

it just boggles my mind anyone would think lebron would playoff the ball for any kind of meaningful minutes.

i honestly dont know how any one could watch a single game of his, let alone dozens upon dozens like you have- and possibly think thats something he is willing to give up while he is still far and away the best player in the league

maybe years from now its something he will have to do- but at this point? its absolutely positively laughable.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if anything, like with riley, lebron would resent him as getting credit that lebron deserves.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if anything, like with riley, lebron would resent him as getting credit that lebron deserves.

Yeah I don't know how that relationship is. It's clear Riley set up Lebron for the initial path to success. Having said that, Lebron's recent success is his own.

I've heard Lebron and Riley have buried the proverbial hatchet.

Before anyone thinks I'm saying Lebron's coming back to Miami, I highly doubt it. If there as a chance, it'd be like 0.37%. And that's my homerism kicking in.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone's going to need to help me out here.

I can't recall the last time Lebron took a young team under his wing and taught them. Lebron for the last several years has played with a core of veteran players.

So in your theory, I doubt this would happen very much.

Lebron's more concerned about getting titles and focusing on that. Not mentoring younger players.
exactly....if LeBron went to the LAkers chances are ingram and ball would be sent outta town on the next flight available for vets to win now. LeBron isnt sacrificing the last years of his prime to teach kids. lol, could you even imagine?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is what currently is. lol

it just boggles my mind anyone would think lebron would playoff the ball for any kind of meaningful minutes.

i honestly dont know how any one could watch a single game of his, let alone dozens upon dozens like you have- and possibly think thats something he is willing to give up while he is still far and away the best player in the league

maybe years from now its something he will have to do- but at this point? its absolutely positively laughable.

Another spin.
Nobody is saying he should play off the ball for significant meaningful minutes.

Point was you said he needed to leave Wade/Bosh/Heat because he was being forced to carry too much of the load.
4 years later, he's never had to do more then the current position he's in.

#fact

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly....if LeBron went to the LAkers chances are ingram and ball would be sent outta town on the next flight available for vets to win now. LeBron isnt sacrificing the last years of his prime to teach kids. lol, could you even imagine?

This will be one of the most perplexing decisions for Lebron.

Decision I - Came down to which situation would allow Lebron the best path to succeed and win a title. There were many suitors, but mainly - Cleveland, Miami, Chicago and NY (lol thinking about that one).

Decision II - Come home or stay with the team that helped win titles - Cleveland and Miami

Decision III .- I think if Lebron were to leave, he's going somewhere again where he has a chance to win. But he's probably going to think about a team where he doesn't have to do all of the heavy lifting. I think the suitors are - Cleveland, Philly and Houston.

I think Lebron tries to go for a different team so he has a chance at a title on a 3rd different team. This would be something that he could gloat about - wherever I go, I win.

Having said that, if he re-signs in Cleveland, I think we can put to rest the racist email. It's not something I'd put past Gilbert, but I highly doubt he's that much of a dumbass to send a racist email to Lebron's agent......then again, there was that Comic Sans letter.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The narrative for the past few years or so has been that Lebron is looking to lighten his load. Well, the fastest, easiest way to do that is to have someone else running and initiating the offense.

Lebron could then pick and choose when to take over a game.

Also, Lonzo doesn't NEED the ball in his hands as much as you imply. Part of what makes him a good point guard is that he is more interested in initiating the offense and setting the pace than he is in getting the actual assist.

uhhh... i think Lonzo does need the ball in his hands.

if he doesnt what is he doing? Every single team would double off him and make things harder on LeBron. Doubling off a point guard who cant shoot a 3 and cant hit a free throw and isnt a great finisher at the rim to go guard LEBron is precisely the type of thing that would get LeBron double teamed with little consequence time and time again

i mean its just obvious---- the Cavs and Heat surrounded LeBron with shooters so if he got doubled the shooters could make him pay. Ball cant shoot----- it would be like playing 4 on 5 on the offensive side of the ball.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well i'll be dipped in hydrochloric acid...

i'm backing Wiggy 100% on a post...!

mark this day down, ladies and gents. you might wanna share this one with your grandkids one day...