• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the point to revisit at least after the ping pong balls fall. Lakers are due for some good news. Coax LBJ away from Philly, add PG13 and great draft pick. anything is possible this summer

We don't have our draft pick.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly....lol

I don't think LeBron and George are gonna be the only guys the Lakers target.

But, along with Kawhi, they will be top of the list.

If KCP isn't being reasonable, Avery Bradley would be a good replacement.

As far as top FA's go, I think they will target Lebron, PG and probably at check in on the prognosis and progress of Boogie.

I expect that they will inquire about Kawhi's availability for a trade, but I don't expect the Spurs to be very cooperative even if he is available. Besides, they can get better than the Lakers are likely to offer anyway.

I agree on Avery Bradley. It'll be interesting to see what KCP does. You could make an argument that he likely cost himself money over the first part of the season, but he played better in the 2nd half. So, it's a question of how much he recovered. Or maybe better stated, how much he thinks he's recovered.

I think Brooke Lopez is in the same boat.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think a lot of new players will be in new homes this summer, think it's going to be exceptionally active. Wether through FA or trades or both.

BSpn said the same about a week ago. we'll know soon enough if they're right...

but the speculation stemmed from a lot of teams, especially around the middle tier, not quite having the necessary pieces to make them contenders. so if they can't make the moves to contend, they'll make the moves to tank or gather asstes...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you andi both know that LeBron is not playing off the ball-

I disagree. The narrative for the past few years or so has been that Lebron is looking to lighten his load. Well, the fastest, easiest way to do that is to have someone else running and initiating the offense.

Lebron could then pick and choose when to take over a game.

Also, Lonzo doesn't NEED the ball in his hands as much as you imply. Part of what makes him a good point guard is that he is more interested in initiating the offense and setting the pace than he is in getting the actual assist.

I heard a stat awhile back that he actually either spent the least amount of time with the ball in his hands or was among the leaders in that category. One of the things the Lakers love about him that he has no problem with kicking the ball ahead to press the advantage. If he came to the Lakers, I'd expect that Lebron would be on the receiving end of a lot of those passes.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am serious when I say I could not imagine a worse starting point guard in the entire NBA to team up with LeBron than Lonzo Ball

based on one season...?

lol...

let him get another one or two under his belt before you label him a lost cause...

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have our draft pick.

Its a lower pick but man have people found talent when others have not. IMO its because some teams draft classic positions but other teams draft in the "all wings" structure.

I am saying this, and you may think I am blowing smoke up your asses but we need Lakers back in the hunt, losing in the WCF and Finals on a perennial basis - yeah, not too far but close

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball will be a fine pick, but again, how do all these kids come out without a decent stroke? Fultz, Simmons, Ball. Something is broken in AAU or somewhere, or maybe they dont see pro level defense enough in development leagues/college?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if I was a Lakers fan I'd be worried about his more than lousy .451 FT%. That's pathetic for a PG. And if he can't greatly improve on that he'll be a liability on the court during close games.

That's the one thing that scares the hell out of me. I'm not worried about his outside shot, but that free throw percentage has to improve.

He shot 67% at UCLA, which still sucks for a point guard, but it's a helluva lot better than 45%.

Poor free throw shooting was a team wide problem this year, so I expect they will all be working on that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The narrative for the past few years or so has been that Lebron is looking to lighten his load. Well, the fastest, easiest way to do that is to have someone else running and initiating the offense.

Lebron could then pick and choose when to take over a game.

Also, Lonzo doesn't NEED the ball in his hands as much as you imply. Part of what makes him a good point guard is that he is more interested in initiating the offense and setting the pace than he is in getting the actual assist.

I heard a stat awhile back that he actually either spent the least amount of time with the ball in his hands or was among the leaders in that category. One of the things the Lakers love about him that he has no problem with kicking the ball ahead to press the advantage. If he came to the Lakers, I'd expect that Lebron would be on the receiving end of a lot of those passes.
its just strikes me as nuts to hear that --- i mean- just watch the playoff games- lebron is getting exactly what he wants.

I just cant even fathom lebron playing off the ball for any real amount of time since (a) he does not want to and (b) it would be an unfathomable waste

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the worst part for me. We could be screwed if he doesn't sign with us.

I'm not worried about it. I think PG's decision will be made independent of Lebron and I'm not sure how much interest there will be in Boogie given his injury.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say yes for this alone....having James there to teach the youngsters we'd have while he's there. That right there is invaluable......passing the torch to the new generation. It could help them in the future in winning titles.

Someone's going to need to help me out here.

I can't recall the last time Lebron took a young team under his wing and taught them. Lebron for the last several years has played with a core of veteran players.

So in your theory, I doubt this would happen very much.

Lebron's more concerned about getting titles and focusing on that. Not mentoring younger players.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm not really even talking about teaching......youngsters just being around a guy like James rubs off. The competitiveness, the drive, the desire, etc.

Your core was around Kobe Bryant for a couple of years. I don't see anyone matching the bolded.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am serious when I say I could not imagine a worse starting point guard in the entire NBA to team up with LeBron than Lonzo Ball

You should probably watch him play sometime.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball will be a fine pick, but again, how do all these kids come out without a decent stroke? Fultz, Simmons, Ball. Something is broken in AAU or somewhere, or maybe they dont see pro level defense enough in development leagues/college?

not enough emphasis on fundementals, i'd imagine...