• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When The Broncos Win Sunday

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why NE fans might think that PFM "should" retire, but why would he? He's obviously still playing at least as well as any QB has ever played. If the Broncos win on Sunday he will have a chance to match or surpass Elway -- the guy he chose to go to work for, even though he had the opportunity to sign with other teams that were presumably closer to a SB than Denver -- in terms of going out on top. I really think that matters to him and that he intends to play the last three years of his contract.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why NE fans might think that PFM "should" retire, but why would he? He's obviously still playing at least as well as any QB has ever played. If the Broncos win on Sunday he will have a chance to match or surpass Elway -- the guy he chose to go to work for, even though he had the opportunity to sign with other teams that were presumably closer to a SB than Denver -- in terms of going out on top. I really think that matters to him and that he intends to play the last three years of his contract.

I hope so.

But 3 more years? I think maybe 1 more or 2 at most.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning already said this week during his press conferences he is coming back no matter what the result of this game. Now I understand most people's thoughts on going out on top as that is what we all want in life but Manning has said he wants to play as long as he can enjoy it and right now he is enjoying it as much as when he first started playing.

Now stupid ESPN locked onto an article from 2 years ago when Manning first signed on with Denver that they have made a mountain out of a mole hill. In Manning's contract he has to take a mandatory doctor's visit to make sure his neck is still holding up fine. He has to do this after every year of his contract. Manning is the one that pushed for it as he didn't want to hurt the Broncos chances say he did get hurt. So of course ESPN took that as Manning has this huge doctor's visit that will decide his future. Yes and no I guess but he did just come off of one of the greatest seasons by a quarterback in NFL history so I would think his visit should show he is doing just fine.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one was implying he should more or less wondering if he would. I just wonder or ponder if that will be on his mind. Also we have all seen teams get picked apart after winning a SB, how many of the weapons will still be in place.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so.

But 3 more years? I think maybe 1 more or 2 at most.

I don't mean that it's a foregone conclusion that he will play all three years left on his deal. For that to happen, certain things will have to fall into place (e;g., he will have to stay healthy, which hasn't been much of an issue the past two years, and the Broncos will need to continue to contend for the SB, which doesn't seem too unlikely). But I definitely think that when he signed his deal he intended to play its full five years and I haven't seen anything that makes me think he might have changed his mind, particularly if the Broncos win on Sunday.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one was implying he should more or less wondering if he would. I just wonder or ponder if that will be on his mind. Also we have all seen teams get picked apart after winning a SB, how many of the weapons will still be in place.

I think that Elway is pretty committed to keeping the Broncos in contention year and year out. He knows that doing that is much easier with than without Manning taking the snaps. We might lose some pieces (e.g., Moreno and Decker), but that's not to say that pieces can't be replaced. The Elway FO has already shown pretty good ability to do that.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Manning "should" retire is because of his neck, that is all, period, plan an simple! I fully expect Manning to be back, and looking forward to facing him again. The NFL will not be the same with Manning and TB gone.

Good luck Den fans Sunday! Enjoy the game and stay safe....

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Elway is pretty committed to keeping the Broncos in contention year and year out. He knows that doing that is much easier with than without Manning taking the snaps. We might lose some pieces (e.g., Moreno and Decker), but that's not to say that pieces can't be replaced. The Elway FO has already shown pretty good ability to do that.

Not sure we can say that yet! Landing Manning last year was huge but if he had gone to Houston one could surmise it may be Houston in the SB. Before we buy into the Elway FO being all that and a bag of chips lets see what the team looks like in a year or two.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict that Peyton Manning will not make it to the end of the game.

The Seahawks defense has enough wall paper about how Manning is going light them up and throw for 400+ yards that I think they'll get to him early and often, worse, he's going to get hit harder than ever.

In all seriousness, he hasn't faced a defense anything close to these guys this year.

If the Patriots had beaten the Broncos. I'd be saying the same thing about Brady.

This defense has allowed the least rushing and passing yardage and the least points. They beat up on teams and usually win in the later part of the game because they are in excellent physical shape and don't wear down. The Seahawks are big, fast and nasty. They will take the Broncos totally out of their game plan.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Seahawks defense has enough wall paper about how Manning is going light them up and throw for 400+ yards that I think they'll get to him early and often, worse, he's going to get hit harder than ever.

In all seriousness, he hasn't faced a defense anything close to these guys this year.

If the Patriots had beaten the Broncos. I'd be saying the same thing about Brady.

This defense has allowed the least rushing and passing yardage and the least points. They beat up on teams and usually win in the later part of the game because they are in excellent physical shape and don't wear down. The Seahawks are big, fast and nasty. They will take the Broncos totally out of their game plan.

And that defense has not faced a top ten offense all year let alone the best and record breaking offense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where do you get your "facts" from because it seems everything you post has at least one thing completely off base? In this one that would be Seattle is not leading the NFL is giving up the least yardage on the ground. In fact they are tied with the Broncos for the season in both yardage given up and yards per carry.

Now as for not having played a defense like this well same can be said of they have not played an offense like this. No team can spread a defense out more than the Broncos. This means fewer of their big fast linebackers on the field to make those big hits. The best way to take a physical aggressive defense out of its comfort zone is to spread them out and make them have to focus more on the discipline side than the aggressive side of things. As much as this Seattle defense is built to stop a high powered offense this Bronco offense is also built to find the holes in a great defense.

Also remember even though Seattle has been decent at getting to the quarterback (actually New England was better) the Broncos have given up the fewest hits, hurries, and sacks all season to a quarterback.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some analysts must think because the O-line protected Manning well down the stretch it'll continue in the SB but it doesn't look like it to me.

The last ten Broncos opponents in order:
Pats-Chargers-Raiders-Texans-Chargers-Titans-Chiefs-Pats-Chiefs-Chargers

The Seahawks pass rush is a different kind of animal...a Cheetah on roids.

Manning could get battered in this one.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some analysts must think because the O-line protected Manning well down the stretch it'll continue in the SB but it doesn't look like it to me.

The last ten Broncos opponents in order:
Pats-Chargers-Raiders-Texans-Chargers-Titans-Chiefs-Pats-Chiefs-Chargers

The Seahawks pass rush is a different kind of animal...a Cheetah on roids.

Manning could get battered in this one.

Seems to me it's more the other way around ... Manning protects his o-line by recognizing what the defense is doing, getting into the right play, and then getting the ball out quickly. In any event, NE and KC both have more sacks than Seattle. That's not to say that Seattle won't pressure/sack Manning, but there is reason to think that he stays mostly upright and has enough time to make accurate throws.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me it's more the other way around ... Manning protects his o-line by recognizing what the defense is doing, getting into the right play, and then getting the ball out quickly. In any event, NE and KC both have more sacks than Seattle. That's not to say that Seattle won't pressure/sack Manning, but there is reason to think that he stays mostly upright and has enough time to make accurate throws.

Stats can be misleading but we'll see if Seattle manages to do more than lay a hand on Manning like the Pats were only able to do. I think they will.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, in a one game season, you can never count a team out. I think Denver's better than Seattle right now, but to say Seattle has no chance is asinine. Cleveland would have a chance - not much of one, but a chance.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess I was 100 kinds of wrong

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess I was 100 kinds of wrong

The Seahawks brought too much pressure for Manning to just sit back and pick them apart like he did the Pats and they had bigger, faster and stronger players that could take down his receivers after his completions.

Bill Belichick meet blueprint.

Build it.