• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the deal with Von Miller?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Ravens' defense hadn't twice given up 14 point leads to the Patriots, all that would have stood in between the Ravens and another Super Bowl appearance two years ago was a very mediocre Colts team. They've actually had 1 below average year with Flacco as QB which happens to be last year. Do you have any concept of how you are skewing things?

I'm reading a lot of Ifs in that. What matters most is that since that contract the Ravens have had 2 losing seasons in the past 3 years. What happens when you hand out those giant contracts to maybe a little above average type players is it kills your depth. So while Flacco can still play to that level of above average when you don't have the depth to go with that you find that other areas of the team begin to fall off. So now the defense doesn't have the rotation that it did before that kept everybody fresh. Now you can't invest say in a couple more starters. Things like that that to me have shown up big for the Ravens since Flacco got that contract. The year they made the playoffs honestly to me it was the run game that played such a huge role in that offense finally having some success. It took the pressure off Flacco and really the defense too. When things start leaning back towards Flacco though he just hasn't shown enough beyond his one great playoff run to really be able to carry the team.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What matters most is that since that contract the Ravens have had 2 losing seasons in the past 3 years.

Is it? Is that what matters most? Do you think that because you type it on here, it makes it true?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Colts high tailed it out of Baltimore.

Yes. Bob Irsay was the owner. The father made the son look like a great guy. I'm guessing you are a big fan of the Irsays...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Bob Irsay was the owner. The father made the son look like a great guy. I'm guessing you are a big fan of the Irsays...
No I'm just pointing the Colts like Elway disrespect the foundation known as Baltimore.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it? Is that what matters most? Do you think that because you type it on here, it makes it true?

Well when success is measured in wins and losses above everything else and your team has a losing record over the last 3 years combined yeah I would say it matters. You can come up with all the excuses you want of why that has happened of injuries, bad luck, officiating and all the excuses that get thrown out but in the end it doesn't change the results that the Ravens have been at best an average team since Flacco got his big contract.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm just pointing the Colts like Elway disrespect the foundation known as Baltimore.

You and I both know that what you are doing is being a dick.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when success is measured in wins and losses above everything else and your team has a losing record over the last 3 years combined yeah I would say it matters. You can come up with all the excuses you want of why that has happened of injuries, bad luck, officiating and all the excuses that get thrown out but in the end it doesn't change the results that the Ravens have been at best an average team since Flacco got his big contract.

No dude. A losing record last year does not, in any way, affect the two prior seasons. There is no "if" to what I said. The Ravens have had 1 (and only one) losing season since Flacco has been the QB.

I also haven't offered up a single excuse. WTF are you talking about???

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dude. A losing record last year does not, in any way, affect the two prior seasons. There is no "if" to what I said. The Ravens have had 1 (and only one) losing season since Flacco has been the QB.

I also haven't offered up a single excuse. WTF are you talking about???

Your team has a losing record over a 3-year period is what I said. They haven't made the playoffs 2 of the 3 years since Flacco got his deal. Is any of that not true?

And yes you have used excuses. I've seen you use the injury excuse or the rebuild after the Super Bowl excuse.

I mean this was your post to me just this past week...

Flacco hasn't been "carried" since his 2nd year in the league. The team had the classic "hangover" season in 2013 (and it had nothing to do with his contract). They should have been in the SB in 2014. Last year was a huge disappointment. They are much more feeling the effects of some very subpar drafts than anything to do with Flacco. They are also a victim of their own success (numerous coaches/players leaving) and poor draft position (which certainly has contibuted to their poor drafts).

Reads to me like a long list of excuses
1) Classic hangover
2) Should have been in the Super Bowl (funny how you get after Bronco fans for saying they "should" have won the Ravens game in 2012 but hey you guys are the only ones allowed to say things like that right?)
3) Coaches getting hired away is why we have been losing
4) Subpar drafts
5) Victim of our own success
6) Poor draft position

Yup you make no excuses for your team not having success.

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats. Relevance?

Elway not wanting to play for the Colts had nothing to do with the city of Baltimore. Was about not wanting to play for that lousy person you had as a coach back then, Frank Kush.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reading a lot of Ifs in that. What matters most is that since that contract the Ravens have had 2 losing seasons in the past 3 years. What happens when you hand out those giant contracts to maybe a little above average type players is it kills your depth. So while Flacco can still play to that level of above average when you don't have the depth to go with that you find that other areas of the team begin to fall off. So now the defense doesn't have the rotation that it did before that kept everybody fresh. Now you can't invest say in a couple more starters. Things like that that to me have shown up big for the Ravens since Flacco got that contract. The year they made the playoffs honestly to me it was the run game that played such a huge role in that offense finally having some success. It took the pressure off Flacco and really the defense too. When things start leaning back towards Flacco though he just hasn't shown enough beyond his one great playoff run to really be able to carry the team.

Your team has a losing record over a 3-year period is what I said. They haven't made the playoffs 2 of the 3 years since Flacco got his deal. Is any of that not true?

And yes you have used excuses. I've seen you use the injury excuse or the rebuild after the Super Bowl excuse.

I mean this was your post to me just this past week...

Flacco hasn't been "carried" since his 2nd year in the league. The team had the classic "hangover" season in 2013 (and it had nothing to do with his contract). They should have been in the SB in 2014. Last year was a huge disappointment. They are much more feeling the effects of some very subpar drafts than anything to do with Flacco. They are also a victim of their own success (numerous coaches/players leaving) and poor draft position (which certainly has contibuted to their poor drafts).

Reads to me like a long list of excuses
1) Classic hangover
2) Should have been in the Super Bowl (funny how you get after Bronco fans for saying they "should" have won the Ravens game in 2012 but hey you guys are the only ones allowed to say things like that right?)
3) Coaches getting hired away is why we have been losing
4) Subpar drafts
5) Victim of our own success
6) Poor draft position

Yup you make no excuses for your team not having success.

A. Stop lying. Are you saying the first post I quoted wasn't you? Is there a Cdumler imposter on here?

B. I was talking about this thread, but I'll address what you brought up anyway. Those aren't excuses. Those are reasons (that many teams deal with) that factored into last season's disappointment that do not relate to Flacco's contract (which you seem to put the entire blame on).

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it being a dick pointing out the Colts basically did the same thing Elway did?

Bob Irsay did...yes. If you think you are winning points for Elway fans by comparing him to Bob Irsay...have at it.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knows the game so well that he refused to play for the team that drafted him. Reason he said was because he wanted to play in the NFL, not in Baltimore.

Elway not wanting to play for the Colts had nothing to do with the city of Baltimore. Was about not wanting to play for that lousy person you had as a coach back then, Frank Kush.

WTF is going on with people today? Do you think these two quotes are saying the same thing???

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Stop lying. Are you saying the first post I quoted wasn't you? Is there a Cdumler imposter on here?

B. I was talking about this thread, but I'll address what you brought up anyway. Those aren't excuses. Those are reasons (that many teams deal with) that factored into last season's disappointment that do not relate to Flacco's contract (which you seem to put the entire blame on).

Sorry I misspoke in that post of saying it was 2 losing seasons. I meant to type they have missed the playoffs 2 of the 3 years since Flacco signed his contract. That much is true.

And you can call them reasons but honestly the word has the same meaning as excuses when it comes to football. Every team then by your account can justify away any losing they do by using reasons why they lost. They lost and have been a losing team over the past 3 years combined. That is what has happened. Plenty of reasons have factored into that just like for every other team in the league. In the end though losing is the name of the game for the Ravens.

Now yes I do blame Flacco's contract for some of it. I don't put all the blame on him. I thought the hiring of of Trestman was not the greatest idea and then the idea that he would try to take Kubiak's system instead of implementing his own was a huge mistake. One coach has used that system for years upon years to perfect what to use and when to use it. To me it would be better if Trestman would just adjust more towards his system but maybe keep some elements of Kubiak's as they go through the transition. I also like you think they haven't done a great job drafting lately. Perriman looks like a bust. Matt Elam and Arthur Brown haven't been all that great. And so on. So when you hand out a big contract plus pair that with bad drafting then yeah your team is going to be greatly weakened. I also think defensively because the draft hasn't worked out they have been relying a lot on some very let's say over the hill veterans to try and produce at the level they did in their prime. Obviously that hasn't worked out as well as they had hoped as injuries have really hampered that from happening. There are plenty of reasons beyond Flacco's contract for the teams struggles. I just don't think his contract can be excused away like you do.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I misspoke in that post of saying it was 2 losing seasons. I meant to type they have missed the playoffs 2 of the 3 years since Flacco signed his contract. That much is true.

And you can call them reasons but honestly the word has the same meaning as excuses when it comes to football. Every team then by your account can justify away any losing they do by using reasons why they lost. They lost and have been a losing team over the past 3 years combined. That is what has happened. Plenty of reasons have factored into that just like for every other team in the league. In the end though losing is the name of the game for the Ravens.

Now yes I do blame Flacco's contract for some of it. I don't put all the blame on him. I thought the hiring of of Trestman was not the greatest idea and then the idea that he would try to take Kubiak's system instead of implementing his own was a huge mistake. One coach has used that system for years upon years to perfect what to use and when to use it. To me it would be better if Trestman would just adjust more towards his system but maybe keep some elements of Kubiak's as they go through the transition. I also like you think they haven't done a great job drafting lately. Perriman looks like a bust. Matt Elam and Arthur Brown haven't been all that great. And so on. So when you hand out a big contract plus pair that with bad drafting then yeah your team is going to be greatly weakened. I also think defensively because the draft hasn't worked out they have been relying a lot on some very let's say over the hill veterans to try and produce at the level they did in their prime. Obviously that hasn't worked out as well as they had hoped as injuries have really hampered that from happening. There are plenty of reasons beyond Flacco's contract for the teams struggles. I just don't think his contract can be excused away like you do.

I'm not talking about the team. I'm talking about Flacco's contract. I don't offer excuses for the team losing. There are always reasons why any team loses. It doesn't make them excuses. Losing is losing. I was offering reasons for their demise that had nothing to do with Flacco's contract. You have taken my post (posted in a different thread btw) out of context.

Losing was the name of the game for the Ravens in 2015. First time since 2007. No "ifs" about that. Simple fact.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about the team. I'm talking about Flacco's contract. I don't offer excuses for the team losing. There are always reasons why any team loses. It doesn't make them excuses. Losing is losing. I was offering reasons for their demise that had nothing to do with Flacco's contract. You have taken my post (posted in a different thread btw) out of context.

Losing was the name of the game for the Ravens in 2015. First time since 2007. No "ifs" about that. Simple fact.

You said you never make excuses for why your team lost. I was just showing a post (when you use the word never that usually means beyond just this topic) where you used a lot of "reasons" why your team lost and has struggled since Flacco got his contract. Doesn't mean there is a direct correlation between the two things but it is suspicious. To me that contract is a part of it. The team that off season had to let a lot of complimentary type players go knowing the Flacco contract was hanging over the team. Throw in having that first year be such a cap friendly hit meant further years were going to be more difficult to manage and mean they would have to keep pushing the big cap hits further and further back. It also means the team for better or worse is connected to Flacco at the very least until 2020 if not beyond. They need more from him than just average QB play if they are going to continue to be a successful franchise. It wasn't like he was playing great this past year even before the injury. He struggled from the get go. Now maybe 2nd year with Trestman they have better chemistry and things start clicking better but that is a wait and see thing. To me when I watch Flacco though I see a QB that while he can make every throw and has a good arm just isn't consistent enough for me to really trust him as my franchise QB and pay him the crazy money you guys are.

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is going on with people today? Do you think these two quotes are saying the same thing???

Pretty much the same thing. Elway didn't want to play for the Baltimore Colts.