• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the deal with Von Miller?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you remember...the post you are referring to was in response to you pinning the Ravens piss poor year last year squarely on Flacco's contract. I wasn't listing those items as "excuses" for their piss poor year. I was listing those items as reasons other than Flacco's contract that had to do with their piss poor year. Everything I listed does not excuse their piss poor year.

But you just talked about how injuries are a reason for a team losing to NWPATSFAN.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you just talked about how injuries are a reason for a team losing to NWPATSFAN.

They are a reason. They aren't an excuse for losing though. Is Draymond Green being suspended last game a reason (not the only reason) the Warriors lost? I would say so. Is it an excuse? No. Draymond shouldn't have gotten his ass suspended.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are a reason. They aren't an excuse for losing though. Is Draymond Green being suspended last game a reason (not the only reason) the Warriors lost? I would say so. Is it an excuse? No. Draymond shouldn't have gotten his ass suspended.

Again to me sounds like we are saying the same thing but I call it an excuse while you call it a reason. Plenty of teams have tons of injuries and still win. Heck didn't the Packers when they won the Super Bowl have the most players on IR of any team in the league that year? So why can some teams win even with terrible injuries to key players and yet others then use that as a "reason" of why they lost?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again to me sounds like we are saying the same thing but I call it an excuse while you call it a reason. Plenty of teams have tons of injuries and still win. Heck didn't the Packers when they won the Super Bowl have the most players on IR of any team in the league that year? So why can some teams win even with terrible injuries to key players and yet others then use that as a "reason" of why they lost?

To me...excuses are given by fans who think they lost by unfair reasons or reasons out of the team's control. There was nothing unfair that caused the Ravens' piss poor year.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay...something away from football. You are late for work due to the following:

Oversleeping...A reason, but not an excuse.

Car accident that's not your fault...A reason and an excuse.

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did the Broncos do to you to get so riled up like you do? I mean I don't think I have seen a fan more obsessed with an opposing team especially one that is not even in your own division.

Elway/Hinton trade. Old Fool still can't get over it after more than 30 years.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've never lost a football team. Elway might have saved the team from moving (or maybe not). Either way, he's a reminder of a horrible time for Baltimore football fans.

This is just speculation on my part. I don't mean to speak for OS.
I was in Annapolis in early 90s during the "give Baltimore the ball" ad campaign to bring NFL team back. They definitely love football, everyone was talking about it.