• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the deal with Von Miller?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh got yah. Wow that is a long time to hold that much anger in towards one person. I mean football is just an entertainment industry.

You've never lost a football team. Elway might have saved the team from moving (or maybe not). Either way, he's a reminder of a horrible time for Baltimore football fans.

This is just speculation on my part. I don't mean to speak for OS.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've never lost a football team. Elway might have saved the team from moving (or maybe not). Either way, he's a reminder of a horrible time for Baltimore football fans.

This is just speculation on my part. I don't mean to speak for OS.

I guess for me I don't have the allegiance to the Broncos just because they are stationed in Denver. I'm not from Denver or have ever lived in Denver so can't really speak for those in Denver. I would bet some would be devastated as it is a big part of the culture beyond just the fact that they are a football team. I get that. Again though the team has had plenty of success since then and we are talking over 30 years ago with this happening. Just seems like a long-time to hold grudge.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess for me I don't have the allegiance to the Broncos just because they are stationed in Denver. I'm not from Denver or have ever lived in Denver so can't really speak for those in Denver. I would bet some would be devastated as it is a big part of the culture beyond just the fact that they are a football team. I get that. Again though the team has had plenty of success since then and we are talking over 30 years ago with this happening. Just seems like a long-time to hold grudge.

You are talking about a blue collar city back in the 50's, 60's and 70's that was in love with both the Colts and Orioles. No different than Boston, New York or Philly as a sports town. A little smaller I guess, because Bmore can/could really only support 2 professional sports teams.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also while maybe Elway saves them from moving at least from what I have read it sounds like the problems between ownership and the city had been going on for years. Heck even the Orioles who shared the stadium were getting after the city for not making improvements to the stadium and refused to sign any long-term contract because of refusal to update the stadium. So way before Elway even rejected the then Colts it sounds like 2 Major League teams were having some major troubles. I don't blame Elway for not wanting to be in the middle of that mess not knowing if the team is going to stay, facilities being subpar, and so on.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also while maybe Elway saves them from moving at least from what I have read it sounds like the problems between ownership and the city had been going on for years. Heck even the Orioles who shared the stadium were getting after the city for not making improvements to the stadium and refused to sign any long-term contract because of refusal to update the stadium. So way before Elway even rejected the then Colts it sounds like 2 Major League teams were having some major troubles. I don't blame Elway for not wanting to be in the middle of that mess not knowing if the team is going to stay, facilities being subpar, and so on.

Do you feel it's within their rights for draft picks to pick and choose where they want to go? Would you agree with more and more draftees making threats to the teams that will potentially draft them? Do you feel that's in the best interests of the NFL?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you feel it's within their rights for draft picks to pick and choose where they want to go? Would you agree with more and more draftees making threats to the teams that will potentially draft them? Do you feel that's in the best interests of the NFL?

No I don't feel like that is in the best interest at all. At the same time you have to admit the Colts situation at that time was unique. Unrest between the city and owner, facilities not really up to par, and much more. So I can't blame a player for not wanting to walk into that situation. Throw in Elway is one of the few players that had a ton of leverage in the situation because he was such a good baseball player as well and had been drafted high by the Yankees. He didn't like his situation in the NFL well just go elsewhere. Not many players have such leverage. Not saying it was right what he did but I wouldn't put any kind of blame on him for the team moving to Indy.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did the Broncos do to you to get so riled up like you do? I mean I don't think I have seen a fan more obsessed with an opposing team especially one that is not even in your own division.

Don't cry why now, it ain't about your team, it's about you and your gay little buddy starting what you aren't qualified to handle....
Don't shake the hornets nest unless you're ok with getting stung a lot....
72ecfb47-a58b-4004-bf2f-39801dd42c57_zpstfgpz100.jpg

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't feel like that is in the best interest at all. At the same time you have to admit the Colts situation at that time was unique. Unrest between the city and owner, facilities not really up to par, and much more. So I can't blame a player for not wanting to walk into that situation. Throw in Elway is one of the few players that had a ton of leverage in the situation because he was such a good baseball player as well and had been drafted high by the Yankees. He didn't like his situation in the NFL well just go elsewhere. Not many players have such leverage. Not saying it was right what he did but I wouldn't put any kind of blame on him for the team moving to Indy.
Not to mention, Elway was drafted prior to free agency. You were stuck with the team that drafted you until they decided they no longer wanted you.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't cry why now, it ain't about your team, it's about you and your gay little buddy starting what you aren't qualified to handle....
Don't shake the hornets nest unless you're ok with getting stung a lot....
View attachment 128117
Do please let me know when the stinging starts.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost as if you are totally oblivious to how most of this board thinks of you.
If your posting doesn't prove how ignorant you are, you make comments like this. Unlike you I couldn't care less what you or any other poster on here thinks of me. Keep making your excuses though. Oh, I mean stating reasons :nod:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your posting doesn't prove how ignorant you are, you make comments like this. Unlike you I couldn't care less what you or any other poster on here thinks of me. Keep making your excuses though. Oh, I mean stating reasons :nod:

I like you NWPATSFAN. I know you don't care but just thought you should know.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny...not giving my post the time of day would actually be caring less.