• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the deal with Von Miller?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny...not giving my post the time of day would actually be caring less.
Does anyone else live in your world? You take everything out of context. I state I could care less about what people think. Which you claim to know without any uncertainty? You turn that into giving your posts time. I never said anything about your or anyone else's post. Guess that's why you can't figure out the difference between your reasons and what everyone else call excuses. Try taking an English as a second language course.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else live in your world? You take everything out of context. I state I could care less about what people think. Which you claim to know without any uncertainty? You turn that into giving your posts time. I never said anything about your or anyone else's post. Guess that's why you can't figure out the difference between your reasons and what everyone else call excuses. Try taking an English as a second language course.
He doesn't take anything out of context, he just knows what we're thinking. In fact, he even knows you better than you know yourself. So if you think he's wrong, you're wrong.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not understanding the fact that reasons are not necessarily excuses only shows your ignorance. For instance:

Bad draft picks are a reason for lack of success, but not an excuse considering there is somebody in the Ravens' organization (namely Ozzie Newsome) who is responsible.

Understand it now?

Next lesson:

People who truly couldn't care less about something certainly don't give that something the time of day. Who are you trying to kid???

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't take anything out of context, he just knows what we're thinking. In fact, he even knows you better than you know yourself. So if you think he's wrong, you're wrong.
I believe he's the only poster on the hoop who believes in @handicappers betting bs. Enough said. Losers migrate to losers.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love your sig. Tell me some more about how you couldn't care less about being called troll boy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not understanding the fact that reasons are not necessarily excuses only shows your ignorance. For instance:

Bad draft picks are a reason for lack of success, but not an excuse considering there is somebody in the Ravens' organization (namely Ozzie Newsome) who is responsible.

Understand it now?

Next lesson:

People who truly couldn't care less about something certainly don't give that something the time of day. Who are you trying to kid???
My team had injuries = EXCUSE is that simple enough for you? Or the other 31 teams in the NFL have the same reason:doh:
Lesson complete, from now on I will charge you.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick heads up. Von Miller said that he will not hold out. If he has to he will play this season on the FT if a contract does not get done.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also while maybe Elway saves them from moving at least from what I have read it sounds like the problems between ownership and the city had been going on for years. Heck even the Orioles who shared the stadium were getting after the city for not making improvements to the stadium and refused to sign any long-term contract because of refusal to update the stadium. So way before Elway even rejected the then Colts it sounds like 2 Major League teams were having some major troubles. I don't blame Elway for not wanting to be in the middle of that mess not knowing if the team is going to stay, facilities being subpar, and so on.

I don't get how Elway would have kept them. By the time he was in the draft it was no more talking about potential deals to stay in Baltimore, but about how they could get out. Elway's craptacular rookie year with a worse team than Denver wasn't going to change anything there.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team had injuries = EXCUSE is that simple enough for you? Or the other 31 teams in the NFL have the same reason:doh:
Lesson complete, from now on I will charge you.

This is a fantastic point if you can just show me where I said anything about injuries. Otherwise, you're just making shit up to try and prove a point.

Is that simple enough for you?

Btw...injuries are a reason, not an excuse. All teams are responsible for putting together a 53-man roster.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how Elway would have kept them. By the time he was in the draft it was no more talking about potential deals to stay in Baltimore, but about how they could get out. Elway's craptacular rookie year with a worse team than Denver wasn't going to change anything there.

I agree. So to me that is misdirected anger if you blame Elway in any way for the Ravens/Colts moving out of Baltimore. Like you said his rookie year was down right terrible and really the deal was already in the works for the Colts to get out of town. It had been in the works for years. Heck I'm surprised it hadn't already happened. Honestly from what I have read I would blame city officials just as much as the Colts owner for the team moving as they did not make life easy to have the facilities needed or the upgrades needed to make it a great fan experience.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick heads up. Von Miller said that he will not hold out. If he has to he will play this season on the FT if a contract does not get done.

Yeah there's no chance for him to have a legit holdout unless he's a Ricky Williams type who could care less about playing.

Losing 14 mil in addition to really lowering your value with a full season away from football does nothing for you. Plus I believe his rights would still be Denver's to franchise him again at the first year tag tender if they wanted, and there it would make great sense to make him prove he could come back where he left off.

Just hope he has a good fax machine to send in his signature if it goes down to the last minute lol.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there's no chance for him to have a legit holdout unless he's a Ricky Williams type who could care less about playing.

Losing 14 mil in addition to really lowering your value with a full season away from football does nothing for you. Plus I believe his rights would still be Denver's to franchise him again at the first year tag tender if they wanted, and there it would make great sense to make him prove he could come back where he left off.

Just hope he has a good fax machine to send in his signature if it goes down to the last minute lol.

Man that fax machine incident just will never go away! Still baffles me that a multi-billion dollar industry is relying on such ancient technology.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's doubtful it would have changed anything, but that doesn't change the perception that it would have for some. It's more just him being a reminder of a horrible time for Baltimore football fans.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a fantastic point if you can just show me where I said anything about injuries. Otherwise, you're just making shit up to try and prove a point.

Btw...injuries are a reason, not an excuse. All teams are responsible for putting together a 53-man roster.

So is nothing an actual excuse in your book then? I mean you could claim calling out the officials for blowing a game as a reason as a controversial call can be a reason why a team won or loss. So really in your book everything is a reason.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Careful what you ask for as I mentioned I will start to charge you. Other posters have already pointed out your whinning about Flukos injury and your excuse.
Only in your world are injuries considered a reason. Do you actually read hoopsters posts?
Next time you ask a dumb question I expect you tra sfer $100 SportsHoopla bucks to my account. Education isn't free.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love your sig. Tell me some more about how you couldn't care less about being called troll boy.
I said it didn't bother me. Coming from someone like you, I take it as a compliment. Hence the signature and the descriptor under my username.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I don't believe you, but do you have a source on that?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is nothing an actual excuse in your book then? I mean you could claim calling out the officials for blowing a game as a reason as a controversial call can be a reason why a team won or loss. So really in your book everything is a reason.

If you remember...the post you are referring to was in response to you pinning the Ravens piss poor year last year squarely on Flacco's contract. I wasn't listing those items as "excuses" for their piss poor year. I was listing those items as reasons other than Flacco's contract that had to do with their piss poor year. Everything I listed does not excuse their piss poor year.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful what you ask for as I mentioned I will start to charge you. Other posters have already pointed out your whinning about Flukos injury and your excuse.
Only in your world are injuries considered a reason. Do you actually read hoopsters posts?
Next time you ask a dumb question I expect you tra sfer $100 SportsHoopla bucks to my account. Education isn't free.

Bullshit dude. Never has happened. You are flat out lying.