• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's next for the Lions?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do everything to keep Suh, regardless of how impossible it may be.

Between FA and the draft, the off season should be focused on finding help at Oline, DT, RB and CB.

Does Lombardi stay? Probably. Expand the passing playbook for 2015. Let Stafford loose more

Extend Prater's contract for multiple years.

Who goes? Bush, Ravioli and Tulloch for sure. Who else?

Extend Teryl Austin if no one else steals him away as a HC.

Need to find a way to beat Green Bay. A blitzing LB might be the answer.

Time to start looking for our next no.1 WR. Even if it's just insurance for Calvin, we need another big body in there to compliment Tate.

If Suh does leave the money saved must be put to good use in FA. I'd expect a huge splash and be disappointed without one. Don't just use it to extend Stafford and Calvin even further.

What else?

After going 11-5 expectations next year will be through the roof.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even think about this right now. I'm so distraught after last night.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you watch Suh will end up a Cowboy! :doh:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even think about this right now. I'm so distraught after last night.

I'm in emotional limbo trying to treat it like a loss in HS, just start looking forward to next year.

But last night I seriously contemplated ditching cable (sports is my primary reason for having it) and ditching the idea of watching anymore NFL. I'll follow online, play FF but to devote 13 hours every Sunday plus M plus TH plus time on boards talking about it all to see the refs inexplicably pick up a flag while Dez Bryant runs onto the field and Jerry Jones exchanges bodily fluids with some obese NY mayor? I don't even know what I'm watching anymore.

Whole thing kinda just seems like giant waste of time.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't talk off-season yet.

I can't even talk shit after a loss, for once. The better team did not win yesterday.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in emotional limbo trying to treat it like a loss in HS, just start looking forward to next year.

But last night I seriously contemplated ditching cable (sports is my primary reason for having it) and ditching the idea of watching anymore NFL. I'll follow online, play FF but to devote 13 hours every Sunday plus M plus TH plus time on boards talking about it all to see the refs inexplicably pick up a flag while Dez Bryant runs onto the field and Jerry Jones exchanges bodily fluids with some obese NY mayor? I don't even know what I'm watching anymore.

Whole thing kinda just seems like giant waste of time.

:agree:

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not interested in next season just yet.. I know there are a lot of Pack haters on the Lions forum but as I said on a thread yesterday, I hope the Pack humiliates the cowgirls on Sunday. I would really like to see an NE/GB SB. I would big time cheer against the Pack :nod:

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's next for the Lions?
Well...... after they lose Suh (he simply doesn't want to play here, it wont be a money thing), but retain Lombardi and lose Austin, then Mayhew will butcher FA and the draft....I would say that what's next is a 6-10 season.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...... after they lose Suh (he simply doesn't want to play here, it wont be a money thing), but retain Lombardi and lose Austin, then Mayhew will butcher FA and the draft....I would say that what's next is a 6-10 season.

Depends if Xanders leaves. Once he took over the scouting department. Mayhew's drafting record improved drastically.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it looks like the 2014 draft was the complete opposite of the 2013 draft.

Ebron had 25 catches/ 1td
Odell Beckham goes 11th- 91/1305/12 td's in 12 games.

Then we hear from the GM and coaching staff this guy (Ebron) was the 2nd best option in the draft on offense. That's pretty scary to hear from the guys in charge of off-season acquisitions.

Trade up for Van Noy he has 6 tackles on the season? Sure he was hurt but a LB can easily get 6 tackles in one game.

Freeze- Shouldn't even of been on the Lions roster come day 1

Seems like his late round players- Swanson and Lucas seem to be his best catches.

Maybe Mayhew should take the first couple days off the draft off for vacation?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends if Xanders leaves. Once he took over the scouting department. Mayhew's drafting record improved drastically.

That thought has been debated a bunch here. IMO it is not just the drafts that they have had, but also the UDFA's that have been signed actually contribute. So yes, I believe Xanders staying the drafts can still be impactful.

Not sure the 14' class ever turns out like the 13' class looks to be though. You can say the same for many other teams year to year.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thndr...
I do not see Beckham having any impact in Detroit. At least not like he had in NY. He would still be the 3rd or 4th option in Det.

I will also say the Larry Warford homerun may just be a single if he is now biten by injury bug on steady occasions as he was this year.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in for Green Bay!

Usually can't find it in my heart to root for the Pack but the total blind ass bullshit getting spewed by most Cowgirl fans has me wishing they get a humiliating ass kicking next week!

As for what's next???? An apology from the NFL for blowing the call and being fucking turds.

gonemad69

The Hitman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in for Green Bay!

Usually can't find it in my heart to root for the Pack but the total blind ass bullshit getting spewed by most Cowgirl fans has me wishing they get a humiliating ass kicking next week!

As for what's next???? An apology from the NFL for blowing the call and being fucking turds.
:10:
hopefully jones didn't dig to deep into his pockets

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really draft hindsighting? And prematurely at that. SMH

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheerleaders hopefully so I can get fully torqued during games.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thndr...
I do not see Beckham having any impact in Detroit. At least not like he had in NY. He would still be the 3rd or 4th option in Det.

I will also say the Larry Warford homerun may just be a single if he is now biten by injury bug on steady occasions as he was this year.

I'm not saying that he would have the same #'s. I'm saying he,mike evans, benjamin, cooks are all light years better than him and our coaching staff/GM said he was the 2nd best offensive player in the draft which is ridiculous. Even as a part time you tube watcher I could tell you Mike Evans was a stud and I still think he will be the best of this class when all the smoke settles. Dude is Calvin Johnson lite. This front office gets paid 6 figures or more per year to tell casual fans that Ebron is the 2nd best offensive player in the draft? lol

Warford pick was almost as much as a no-brainer as Stafford was in 09. Most people had him going top of the 2nd. Injury or not he is still a stud.

I will give Mayhew props on the Darius Slay pick. I usually study the draft closely and that pick completely took me by surprise as almost all the attention was on Jonathon Banks. By far the best pick of his career. Also, I will give him props for picking Reiff as I would of probably picked Decastro.