• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's next for the Lions?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in for Green Bay!

Come on JD. NO WAY YOU ARE ROOTING FOR GB!!

Honestly, I don't think the NFL has any bias on who wins this one as both are NFL darlings with the largest fan bases.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Over Sunday's bullshit, here's my opinion for the off season:

SIGN SUH!!! Obviously the biggest priority. Any thing else is a distant second, since Lombardi or Caldwell aren't going anywhere. Cut Bush, Tulloch, and Jones if we can retain Suh.

If it becomes apparent that Suh will leave, then I'd keep Tulloch and Jones. Tully is still better than Whitehead and haven't seen enough from KVN. I'd offer Fairley a 1 or 2 year contract, low garauntees high incentive.

Come draft time, I will be extremely upset if they don't draft 2 Olinemen. I'd prefer 3 or 4, but 2 minimum. We need a Gaurd and a Tackle. Hope for 2 of each and pray we get 2 quality starters.

I would look at RB, but only if a guy comes up that's BPA. Bells not elite, but he can get the job done. No reaching.

I'd also try to find a punter. Martins not bad. But his leg isn't really that impressive, and he crumbles under any type of pressure.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and get a real backup QB!!!

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it becomes apparent that Suh will leave, then I'd keep Tulloch and Jones. Tully is still better than Whitehead and haven't seen enough from KVN. I'd offer Fairley a 1 or 2 year contract, low garauntees high incentive.

Come draft time, I will be extremely upset if they don't draft 2 Olinemen. I'd prefer 3 or 4, but 2 minimum. We need a Gaurd and a Tackle. Hope for 2 of each and pray we get 2 quality starters.

Don't care for Jones honestly. Dude pops up once in a blue moon. Fairley is bolting for free agency, not that we should care. Dude was hardly on the field anyways.

If we don't re-sign Suh...

Instead of spending a high pick on a G. I would be very happy to get Mike Iupati from San Fran, the guy is a beast. Maybe a later round pick on a backup interior O-lineman, you know... One of those smaller college LT's who "need to be moved inside at the pro level". Otherwise...I'm happy with Waddle and Lucas being the swing tackle. We just got unlucky with injuries last year.

As for that 1st rounder....
Danny Shelton from Washington or E. Goldman of FSU.
I trust Mayhew with drafting DL.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offseason Agenda

Cut Tulloch, Broyles, and Bush. Opens up $5.8m in cap space.

Extend Jones (yes I said extend him), with an appropriately structured contract

Extend Levy now and get it out of the way and you could even free up a small amount

Offer Suh a contract as the highest paid defensive player in the league. In fact, offer him a deal that makes him the highest paid player on the Lions team.

Fire Caldwell because he's worthless.

Fire Lombardi because he makes Caldwell look like a great coach by comparison.

Promote Austin to HC.

Lock Millenhew out of the war room on draft day and take whoever Xanders wants.

Even if they do resign Suh have Swarm go ahead and take the diarrhea shit in Millenhew's gas tank that he threatened if Suh signed with the Bears.

Kick Pete Morelli in the balls... twice...each week...for the rest of his life.

Give a rophenol cocktail to Jerry Jones so Chris Christie can r*pe him. Give one to Pete Morelli as well so that he can know what it feels like to get fucked in the ass....and then kick him in the nuts just for fun

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on JD. NO WAY YOU ARE ROOTING FOR GB!!

Honestly, I don't think the NFL has any bias on who wins this one as both are NFL darlings with the largest fan bases.

Just for Sunday. Need to shut up the Cowboy apologist. Actually would like to see a New England versus Green bay Superbowl with Brady cementing his legend at the expense of Green Bay.

K

kengel6

DR E,
Great post.
Morelli sure going to be sore next year, and no playoff games too.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DE Jones can slide inside to play DT when needed on certain plays and that is a plus, IMO. He isn't the Stat producer DE but for now until DE's Taylor and Webster prove they an handle the RDE, I'd keep Jones.

Iupati is more of a power-man blocking scheme Guard than what we saw this year from the O-line.

If the Lions don't re-sign Suh, do not be all that surprised to see Mayhew re-sign Fairley. He may very well re-sign Fairley anyways. CJ Mosley should be re-signed regardless. All just my opinion.
Free agent Nick Fairley likes Detroit, wants to stay with Lions

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next years schedule doesn't look friendly for the Lions either....

Lions' 2015 opponents

Home: Packers (12-4), Vikings (7-9), Bears (5-11), Cardinals (11-5), 49ers (8-8), Broncos (12-4), Raiders (3-13), Eagles (10-6).

Road: Packers (12-4), Vikings (7-9), Bears (5-11), Seahawks (12-4), Rams (6-10), Chiefs (9-7), Chargers (9-7), Saints (7-9).

Jeff Seidel: Detroit Lions' 2015 schedule means playoffs may be stretch

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lions' 2015 opponents

Home: Packers (12-4), Vikings (7-9), Bears (5-11), Cardinals (11-5), 49ers (8-8), Broncos (12-4), Raiders (3-13), Eagles (10-6).

Road: Packers (12-4), Vikings (7-9), Bears (5-11), Seahawks (12-4), Rams (6-10), Chiefs (9-7), Chargers (9-7), Saints (7-9).

While on paper you say yes will be hard. You have to let it play out. I remember looking at the schedule this past year and said same thing in my predictions. I had both Packer games, Falcons, Saints, Pats, and Cards as automatic then thowing two others in there. I was not way off, but wrong none the less.

I will also say look at how things change in just a few weeks around the league. Early on Pats, Packers, and Seahwaks had rough times. Then changed to look unbeatable in stretches.

On paper it does look like a 8-8 or worse. Will it play out that way?:noidea: Injuries play such a huge part every year.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this years schedule looked tough.

Saints, Falcons, Giants, Jets, and Bears all were down. So what looked tough turned out to be a soft schedule this season.

In all only 3 teams have a better record than Detroit.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lions' 2015 opponents

Home: W Packers (12-4), W Vikings (7-9), W Bears (5-11), W Cardinals (11-5), W 49ers (8-8), W Broncos (12-4), W Raiders (3-13), W Eagles (10-6).

All winnable games. 8 - 1 bumper game = 7 wins 1 loss

Road: L Packers (12-4), W Vikings (7-9), W Bears (5-11), L Seahawks (12-4), W Rams (6-10), L Chiefs (9-7), L Chargers (9-7), W Saints (7-9).

Arrowhead is tough, Tundra, Chargers 50/50: 4-4

total = 11-5

11-5

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do everything to keep Suh, regardless of how impossible it may be.

Between FA and the draft, the off season should be focused on finding help at Oline, DT, RB and CB.

Does Lombardi stay? Probably. Expand the passing playbook for 2015. Let Stafford loose more

Extend Prater's contract for multiple years.

Who goes? Bush, Ravioli and Tulloch for sure. Who else?

Extend Teryl Austin if no one else steals him away as a HC.

Need to find a way to beat Green Bay. A blitzing LB might be the answer.

Time to start looking for our next no.1 WR. Even if it's just insurance for Calvin, we need another big body in there to compliment Tate.

If Suh does leave the money saved must be put to good use in FA. I'd expect a huge splash and be disappointed without one. Don't just use it to extend Stafford and Calvin even further.

What else?

After going 11-5 expectations next year will be through the roof.

Kyle Van Noy should fill that spot if he develops. We tend to forget him since the Lions got shit from him this season.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious as to what free agents people see as the ones that we really need to keep? Unfortunately, we have a lot this year of real contributors.

No need to say Suh, that one is a bit obvious.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious as to what free agents people see as the ones that we really need to keep? Unfortunately, we have a lot this year of real contributors.

No need to say Suh, that one is a bit obvious.

Dan Orlovsky, QB
Jed Collins, FB
Kellen Davis, TE
Rob Sims, LG
Dominic Raiola, C
Corey Hilliard, OT
Garrett Reynolds, OL
Ndamukong Suh, DT
Nick Fairley, DT
C.J. Mosley, DT
Andre Fluellen, DT
George Johnson, DE
Darryl Tapp, DE
Ashlee Palmer, LB
Rashean Mathis, CB
Cassius Vaughn, CB
Josh Thomas, CB
Isa Abdul-Quddus, S
Matt Prater, PK
Don Muhlbach, LS

Restricted:

Kellen Moore, QB
Josh Bynes, LB

Keep in bold the rest can go. Sims and a couple of the back up linemen might come back but there's no one here worth keeping if it means not signing Suh.

Add Bush and Tulloch to the list of guys who prob won't be back.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure as to why you won't include keeping DT Mosley and S Abdul-Quddus ?

Are they easily replaceable in your thought process ?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely replaceable. Most names on that list are. Definitely no one worth keeping over Suh.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody know what was wrong with Joique Bell ?

Lions RB Joique Bell recovering from undisclosed surgery
by Igor Mello | CBSSports.com

(1/15/2015) Lions running back Joique Bell is recovering from an undisclosed operation. Bell posted a post-surgery photo on his Instagram account, indicating he went under the knife.

Bell dealt with an assortment of injuries all season. He was listed as probable in Week 17 with an Achilles issue, but also had knee and ankle troubles. He only missed one game (Week 5, Buffalo) due to injury in 2014.

Bell finished the year with a career-best 860 rushing yards, with 547 coming in the final eight games. He racked up 85 yards of total offense in Detroit's wild-card loss to Dallas.

B7brCZrCAAAbMTc.jpg

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably reading way too much into the right/left comments but is if possible he had surgery on his right hand? Can't see it in the pic and might help explain his fumbling issues.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions RT LaAdrian Waddle (ACL) set for surgery on Friday
by Igor Mello | CBSSports.com

(1/15/2015) Lions right tackle LaAdrian Waddle will [ame="http://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/555893627579150338"]undergo surgery[/ame] on Friday to repair his partially torn right ACL, per the Detroit Free Press. Waddle suffered the injury in Week 15 and was placed on injured reserve on Dec. 17. Waddle will rehab in the offseason in hopes of being fully recovered by the start of the 2015 season.