• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What will the Seahawks record be in 2022?

What will the Seahawks record be this year?

• More than 10 wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-7

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 9-8

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 8-9

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 7-10

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 6-11

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • 5-12

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • 4-13

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • 3-14

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • 2-15

• 1-16

• 0-17

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem a tad optimistic but even during Pete's first couple of years here when he completely rebuilt his teams went 7-9 so we'll see.

Best of luck to your Seahawks this season. Speaking of former Seahawks is Richard Sherman still playing?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have years to get used to this as our routine way of life as Seahawk fans again.

Many forget every draft cycle of hope that THIS will be the year we get that high level QB only to end up with meh.

The idea we just need to hold on until next draft where a Wilson level QB will make it all work again for a SB run ignores how it really works.
It's no secret that finding a franchise QB is difficult, but teams work around that issue and become good teams. Just as an example the 49ers with Jimmy or the Ravens with Lamar ( who is more of a RB then a QB). The time was right to be bold and rebuild the roster, with RW squeaking into the playoffs and quickly eliminated was the ceiling and even that looked unlikely to continue. So by trading RW the Seahawks have the assets needed to attempt to rebuild and become contenders once again. I firmly believe RW best days have been behind him for a while. As his mobility faded he needed to become more of a classic pocket passer and he showed no signs of being one and he's going to be 34 this year, so a bit long in the teeth to reshape his game.
So now one can cry and moan going forward or one can embrace the rebuild effort. Personally I find myself looking forward to the season far more then I have for years and that knowing it is going to be rocky this season and wins hard to come by. There is an air of anticipation like back when Pete built the team into a contender a decade ago.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-13.

Unless, they land Jimmy G on the off chance SF releases him. Think they are going to hold on him to try and trade him in case a starter goes down in preseason.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB position right now is just so bad and they were 7-10 last season. Not a stretch to say RW was worth 3 wins.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this makes me a shitty fan, but I actually think the best outcome for this team would be to tank and let our younger players get some experience then draft either Bryce Young or C.J. Stroud in the draft.

I think we have a solid young base, but we need a QB.
But, neither of those guys would turn them around immediately.....rookie season would be on the job training behind the reason RW wanted out......the OL.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, neither of those guys would turn them around immediately.....rookie season would be on the job training behind the reason RW wanted out......the OL.

At least 40% of that O line wasn't here when Wilson was. High picks have been used to upgrade it for such a scenario.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what bad teams do every year
Yes and that is because realistically speaking, we will be one of those bad teams this year. IMO this team maybe has a ceiling of 7 wins this year, and that's what we were able to do last year with Russell Wilson at QB. Sure he missed some games and was at maybe 50% in a handful of those games, but that's still better than Geno Smith as evidenced by the fact that they put Russ in while hurt instead of playing Geno. And that was also with a Pro-Bowl LT and a future HOFer at MLB.

Would you rather win 7 or 8 games and at the end of the year have a worse draft position, or win 4 or 5 games and have elite draft capital. Winning 4-5 games this year helps us a lot more next year and beyond than winning 7 or 8 games does.

You play to win the game, and you want to have that attitude every week, but in the end a substantial portion of building a successful team is through building a team with the talent to win.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Immediately? Probably not. But you never know.

Regarding the offensive line, I have a lot of hope for Cross and Abrams becoming bookend tackles. They'll take some bumps year one, but the Seahawks could go into next year with three good starters in Cross, Abrams and Lewis - if he can improve his pass blocking. Center and guard can be addressed via free agency or the draft.

Ironically moving on for Russ is helping us build a foundation for an offensive line that can be pretty good.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and that is because realistically speaking, we will be one of those bad teams this year. IMO this team maybe has a ceiling of 7 wins this year, and that's what we were able to do last year with Russell Wilson at QB. Sure he missed some games and was at maybe 50% in a handful of those games, but that's still better than Geno Smith as evidenced by the fact that they put Russ in while hurt instead of playing Geno. And that was also with a Pro-Bowl LT and a future HOFer at MLB.

Would you rather win 7 or 8 games and at the end of the year have a worse draft position, or win 4 or 5 games and have elite draft capital. Winning 4-5 games this year helps us a lot more next year and beyond than winning 7 or 8 games does.

You play to win the game, and you want to have that attitude every week, but in the end a substantial portion of building a successful team is through building a team with the talent to win.

Do you really think the Hawks would have won fewer than 10 games of truss stayed healthy?

We won 12 games the year before with arguably a weaker team

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m thinking 6-11 …. This is a rebuild year, youth all over the place …New defensive schemes, so many young players …

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta have that 4 win season or less. Yeah it'll be painful but the chance at a blue chip QB is worth a throw away season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't stomach the thought that people want to tank, As a fan it just feels WRONG!
Bleed blue and green till I die! GO HAWKS!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have years to get used to this as our routine way of life as Seahawk fans again.

Many forget every draft cycle of hope that THIS will be the year we get that high level QB only to end up with meh.

The idea we just need to hold on until next draft where a Wilson level QB will make it all work again for a SB run ignores how it really works.

Any above average QB would have led the 2013 team to a SB. We lost the second one because of wilson.
If they can get the D back and build an OLD, they will be competitive again.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any above average QB would have led the 2013 team to a SB. We lost the second one because of wilson.

We lost the 2nd Super Bowl because of Wilson? Are you freaking serious?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost the 2nd one because our Defense couldn't stop anyone in the 2nd half as the Pats dinked and dunked down the field for scores. Also Pete LOVES to sit on small leads instead of continuing to attack and put points up, He is so Risk adverse. I understood the throwing to save the time out and allow them to run 2 more plays if need be but he was sitting on the small lead and took away any chance for the offense to continue to put up points by going all safe mode.

the 2nd half offensive play calling in that superbowl was pitiful.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't stomach the thought that people want to tank, As a fan it just feels WRONG!
Bleed blue and green till I die! GO HAWKS!
Nobody wants to tank but in order to possibly get this franchise back on track and back to winning, tanking is needed to hopefully get a QoF under cost control for the next 5yrs.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think the Hawks would have won fewer than 10 games of truss stayed healthy?

If Russ stayed healthy, we would've made the playoffs and had an exit just like when we won 12 games in 2020.

Sadly even if we hadn't have traded Russ, we would be in a position where we would be a shitty team with a good QB. The Seahawks need a rebuild and Russ has given us the ability to do that.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did, but that was possibly the worst 12 win team I have ever seen. There was 0 chance they were winning more than 1 game in the playoffs that year.

I'd guess they win 11 with a fully healthy Wilson last year but it was still going to be maybe 1 win in the playoffs and then done. That's pretty much all Seattle was destined for if they kept Russ. Always good for 10 wins, but never really a threat to win anything.

Wasn't Russ's fault per se, but it's hard to win with one guy eating up all the cap. They didn't get near enough in return from Denver IMO but I get the move and I think it needed to be done.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Russ stayed healthy, we would've made the playoffs and had an exit just like when we won 12 games in 2020.

Sadly even if we hadn't have traded Russ, we would be in a position where we would be a shitty team with a good QB. The Seahawks need a rebuild and Russ has given us the ability to do that.
This. Seattle for a few years there was the worst good team.