• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

K-Mart's smoking some good shit.

I really though there was a good chance that Lebron would have gone to the Knicks before he chose the Heat. That team was pretty good.

It's hard to envision Lebron going to an essentially just as bad a situation in New York as he has in Cleveland.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A path for Lebron to Houston...

Can the Rockets land LeBron without gutting their team?

It's possible but it does seem like a lot of moving parts and would only happen if Lebron is dead set on Houston.

I read an article this morning, the key is that Anderson contract but even more to make this work, it most likely has to be a sign-and-trade in a 3-team trade. If Anderson isn’t part of the deal Gordon and Tucker would have to be included, with a combination of other players and picks. Seems unlikely

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron said “being a part of the start-fresh mode is something you definitely don’t want to be a part of”.

This makes me think he wants to stay in Cleveland but he will be demanding some trades. Maybe Love is gone but they definitely need to go get another AS like Kemba along with Love and Lebron. If he does go to a team it a team that is win ready like Houston or San Antonio, but those teams would need to clear cap space and maybe do sign and trades which seems unlikely.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron said “being a part of the start-fresh mode is something you definitely don’t want to be a part of”.

This makes me think he wants to stay in Cleveland but he will be demanding some trades. Maybe Love is gone but they definitely need to go get another AS like Kemba along with Love and Lebron. If he does go to a team it a team that is win ready like Houston or San Antonio, but those teams would need to clear cap space and maybe do sign and trades which seems unlikely.

Hard to imagine a situation where the Cavs can demonstrably improve their roster.

Maybe giving up the #8 plus some future considerations would be enough to get Walker? I doubt it since the Cavs would need to send some money back to Charlotte.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see it as the opposite.

Considering that the Cavs don't have much way to improve their roster at all, probably can't improve it enough to get out of the East again and definitely can't improve it enough to beat the Warriors...how are they not a "start fresh mode?"

I think that he'd like to finish his career in Cleveland, but I think he also knows that it's very unlikely that he'll get another title if he does and may not even make the finals again.

Honestly, it's looking and sounding like the only way he stays in Cleveland is if D-Wade was right when he said it's more about his family than basketball at this point and if his family wants to stay there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured this would be a big time thread- and right now the conversations are across a number of them.

My opinion is that his MOST Likely avenue is staying in Cleveland- but that is under a 50% probability.

Right now this is what my percentages are- and they are of course subject to a million things that could change before now and the beginning of July

1. Cleveland Cavaliers: 35%
2. Los Angeles Lakers: 25%
3. Philadelphia 76'ers: 20%
4. Houston Rockets: 20%

If just pure going for a ring is most important to him- it will be Houston. He will force his way there and they will move mountains to get him. If he says- I want to go there. He will get there.

If he wants to stay in the East- and be on a team that is very talented- but could use his leadership- he will go to Philly.

If he wants to try and shake things up and make a big story out of it- he will go to LA

If he wants to protect his legacy he will stay in Cleveland.

If he stays with Cleveland, and Cleveland can bring in a solid player on the MLE, and a solid player with the trade of the #8 pick- this is a very solid option for him. It depends what they can add. If they can say, add a good 3 and D wing on the mid level thats ring hunting, and a player like McCollum with the pick. I think he stays in Cleveland.

If the Lakers can pull off getting 2 max players- by signing LeBron and George, and then say trading some of their young guys for a third max player- the Lakers become an option. If PG resigns in OKC you can take the Lakers off the table.

If Philly fires Colangelo and hires Griffin I think all of a sudden they get a leg up. LeBron likes and respects Griffin and it would give him a connection to Philly and a little bit of cover as to not look like a mercenary.

If he wants to simply win and win big then going to Houston is the play. I dont think LeBron wants to share the ball that much though- and even if he wins a title there- does it really improve his legacy that much winning with Harden and CP3? If he wants to share the load with other true superstars this is the way to go.

By your account there is a 65% chance LJ leave CLE...I agree with that...might go with 75%.

I think there could be maybe 2 spots in the west and 2 in the east.

East...IMO, Philly is the squad that makes the most sense if he wanted to stay in the east. Add LJ to Simmons and Embr

Milwaukee imo is the other team.

CLE...the current cast imo will struggle to win the east next year, and I'm not sure they can infuse enough talent quickly enough to encourage LJ to stay...if he wasn't from the CLE area I don't think the Cavs would be in the conversation.

West...LAL is the sexy spot, but only if they can land Paul George as it's been rumored....is that enough to get out of the west? They take a big leap for sure, but IDK to be honest...I don't think they overtake GS next season.

HOU...a ready made NBA finals team with LJ? I don't like the mix with Harden, just don't see that working...Harden & Westbrook need the ball too much to be effective.

SA...no one is mentioning the Spurs I guess because they have issues with their own star, but a Leonard, LJ, Aldridge top 3 is not terrible...if Parker has anything left at PG...it would be interesting.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By your account there is a 65% chance LJ leave CLE...I agree with that...might go with 75%.

I think there could be maybe 2 spots in the west and 2 in the east.

East...IMO, Philly is the squad that makes the most sense if he wanted to stay in the east. Add LJ to Simmons and Embr

Milwaukee imo is the other team.

CLE...the current cast imo will struggle to win the east next year, and I'm not sure they can infuse enough talent quickly enough to encourage LJ to stay...if he wasn't from the CLE area I don't think the Cavs would be in the conversation.

West...LAL is the sexy spot, but only if they can land Paul George as it's been rumored....is that enough to get out of the west? They take a big leap for sure, but IDK to be honest...I don't think they overtake GS next season.

HOU...a ready made NBA finals team with LJ? I don't like the mix with Harden, just don't see that working...Harden & Westbrook need the ball too much to be effective.

SA...no one is mentioning the Spurs I guess because they have issues with their own star, but a Leonard, LJ, Aldridge top 3 is not terrible...if Parker has anything left at PG...it would be interesting.

Basketball wise, the Spurs make the most sense IMO......the problem is he has other interests outside of basketball.....

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think James would be sick in the Spurs system.

He'd probably post 27-28ppg, 10-11apg, and 7-8rpg. And switch off with Leonard as being the closer.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball wise, the Spurs make the most sense IMO......the problem is he has other interests outside of basketball.....
I'd live in San Antonio 1000 times before I'd live in Houston.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody call Six Flags?

Cause I'mma call Six Flags...maybe King's Island or Cedar Point if he wants to stay local

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard Wade mention lifestyle will factor into James' decision.

That sounds like Los Angeles to me. It certainly isn't Cleveland, that's for sure.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron does leave, what do you think the Cavs can get for Love? Obviously, they want picks and no salaries. Do you think they could get a top 5 pick or 5-10?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would make the west conf finals the defacto NBA championship. I'm still not entirely sure SA would have enough, but I wouldn't mind seeing that play out.

But, now as a fan of the sport more than any one team...I would rather see him in the east just to offer some balance of power in the NBA.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd live in San Antonio 1000 times before I'd live in Houston.

I don't have anything against HOU, other than being another bloated sprawl...but the SA/Austin area imo is about as ideal as it gets in TX....Austin more so.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard Wade mention lifestyle will factor into James' decision.

That sounds like Los Angeles to me. It certainly isn't Cleveland, that's for sure.

Cleveland could be if his family wants to stay there. His kids are teenagers or very close to it.

As a survivor of 4 teenagers (3 of them girls :L) I can tell you that their friends are the most important thing in the world to them.

So, I could see them wanting to stay in Cleveland for that reason.