• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What will arrive first: Fall or Jung? The Rangers travel to Beantown for some Dunkins and baseball

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Rangers development people dont screw them up before they make it up to the big leagues
Wouldn't it be great if we had staff in place where we could actually expect the opposite? That may be the biggest think holding us back.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think our pitching prospects may run deeper than our hitting prospects.
Maybe but would like to see that come to fruition as they move up the minor league hierarchy especially at Round Rock.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but would like to see that come to fruition as they move up the minor league hierarchy especially at Round Rock.
Yes, that would be nice. Of course, a lot of our hitting prospects have yet to prove themselves at AAA too.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be great if we had staff in place where we could actually expect the opposite? That may be the biggest think holding us back.

That would make me a lot more comfortable about our prospects success.

One thing I have noticed from a lot of our pitchers and it doesn't seem to be control issues but maybe someone's philosophy, about how you pitch a guy when you have them 0-2. It's lot of pitching off the plate and clearly out of the zone until they ultimately throw one over the plate at 3-2 or walk a guy. Very frustrating that they seldom attack a hitter when they have 2 strikes. May be that I'm wrong and it just seems that way to me....?

Last edited:
Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing I have noticed from a lot of our pitchers and it doesn't seem to be control issues but maybe someone's philosophy, about how you pitch a guy when you have them 0-2. It's lot of pitching off the plate and clearly out of the zone until they ultimately throw one over the plate at 3-2 or walk a guy. Very frustrating that they seldom attack a hitter when they have 2 strikes. May be that I'm wrong and it just seems that way to me....?
I think you're right.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is in conjunction with the predictable pitching:

The Rangers have the second-most errors in the American League with 83, one shy of the White Sox. They’ve also been on the wrong side of a number of close games. Saturday marked the 42nd time this season Texas has lost by a margin of two or fewer runs, with its previous loss in this fashion coming on Thursday after a 9-8 walk-off win by the Red Sox.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think you are wrong overall minus one to some degree but learning how to pitch ahead in the count is huge

1 obvious control issues with our pitchers. Make one wonder what they are working on in their bullpen session/instructs. Kelly at Frisco and Winn are prime examples. And even Santana coming in at MLB level too who really got lucky
2. Just throwing outside makes zero sense. Pitches that look like they will be in the zone but break off is fine and preferred but wasting pitches in hopes they chase and or are pre committed to a certain pitch is useless

With BoSox we got killed overall with walks and getting behind in the count. They seemed to be taking the first pitch quite a bit. This needs to be recognized and dealt with

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is in conjunction with the predictable pitching:

The Rangers have the second-most errors in the American League with 83, one shy of the White Sox. They’ve also been on the wrong side of a number of close games. Saturday marked the 42nd time this season Texas has lost by a margin of two or fewer runs, with its previous loss in this fashion coming on Thursday after a 9-8 walk-off win by the Red Sox.
I do wonder how much improved our pitchers ERA and WHIP would be with a much better fielding SS and 1B.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wonder how much improved our pitchers ERA and WHIP would be with a much better fielding SS and 1B.

Maybe they will sign another SS like Trea Turner and then move Seager to 3B, Jung to 1B and Lowe to DH.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we are seeing what happens when the pitching pots too much stress on the 7 behind them.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they will sign another SS like Trea Turner and then move Seager to 3B, Jung to 1B and Lowe to DH.
too many moves/ some like Seager might happen in 2 or 3 seasons, adding another SS complicates the situation does not improve it. we need to put Jung at 3B and let him prove he can deal with it and not complicate his development.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many moves/ some like Seager might happen in 2 or 3 seasons, adding another SS complicates the situation does not improve it. we need to put Jung at 3B and let him prove he can deal with it and not complicate his development.

I was trying to be funny..
They need to spend any remaining money/resources on pitching.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to be funny..
They need to spend any remaining money/resources on pitching.
sorry. i agree we need to re-build the bullpen completely, resign Perez and add 1 or 2 starters through free agency/trades

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have young shortstops available to do that already. They have already signed one too many MIF free agents as it is. They could use that money elsewhere. Lol

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry. i agree we need to re-build the bullpen completely, resign Perez and add 1 or 2 starters through free agency/trades

That would be nice
1.Perez-$15 mil 3/$45
2.FA-$24 mil-Rodon/Bassit 4/$96
3.Trade-Shane Bieber
4.Gray
5.Dunning

CL-Trade-David Bednar
Hernandez
Burke
FA-$8 mil-Taylor Rogers - Corey Knebel
Martin
Barlow
Hearn
Tinoco/Sborz/Kyle Cody

$47 million.. should put payroll right at $175 million. With inflation that’s just about right for our market. 12th in payroll
Try to extend Bieber starting in 2025.
Perez, Dunning and Gray should come off roster after 2025 to allow for our pitching prospects to hopefully come up..

Last edited:

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have young shortstops available to do that already.

Acuna being the highest rated and closest to Arlington...

They have already signed one too many MIF free agents as it is.

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them traded in 2-3 years...

They could use that money elsewhere. Lol

Starting pitching for the moment and to resign players in a couple of years...

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them traded in 2-3 years.
It shouldn't be too difficult to trade Seager, but Semien might take some commitment to pay part of his future salary. I see Seager has a limited no trade where he has an 8 team list. I can't find that Semien's contract has any trade restrictions.