• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What the Fuck was that?

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
We need a Sportshoopla Hall of Shame forum to house these Colts banners. Classic!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The end of Chucks run in Indy.

If the play itself didn't, his explanation should be the tipping point.

Hearing his presser sealed it...basically saying we didn't practice it well enough to execute it during the week.

Then wtf are you running it during a game?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather them run a traditional fake then that garbage. Did not see the need for the fake as the defense started to shutdown New England

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some very innovative thinking, he's years ahead of his time. He did create a mismatch. Some day we'll appreciate it.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather them run a traditional fake then that garbage. Did not see the need for the fake as the defense started to shutdown New England
someone already posted that.

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime the Ravens lose my heart bleeds. Not because I feel sorry for them, it's because I can't believe that the Ravens are going 1-15, instead of 0-16 because of the Steelers.

Fuck you, Josh Scobee.

P.S. This Steelers defense is a real deal. They are all coming together and will get even more nastier once Shazier comes back. By some wicked luck we get the whole team healthy for the playoffs, god help the other teams.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime the Ravens lose my heart bleeds. Not because I feel sorry for them, it's because I can't believe that the Ravens are going 1-15, instead of 0-16 because of the Steelers.

*2-14 - season isn't a total waste when they sweep them :lol:

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were going for substitution confusion and trying to catch them with 12 on the field. Turns out they only confused themselves.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly they were trying to confuse them into jumping offsides.

Center had a brain fart. That thing was never supposed to be snapped.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Zolak (Patriots radio guy) talked to one of the Patriots who lined up over the "center" on this play while on the flight home. The Patriot said he could could clearly hear the "QB" telling the "center" not to snap the ball.

What the hell?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly they were trying to confuse them into jumping offsides.

Center had a brain fart. That thing was never supposed to be snapped.

Pagano out-coached himself on that one.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was sure fun to watch. Even the non-football fans in my living room were staring, not believing what they were seeing.
I'll bet Mark Sanchez is real happy that play happened.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were going for substitution confusion and trying to catch them with 12 on the field. Turns out they only confused themselves.

Serious question and this is for everyone. So even if they did manage to cause a defensive penalty, the illegal formation would have meant offsetting penalties. Correct?

Which meant this abortion had all risk and zero chance for reward? This was really drawn up this way? Never mind not practicing it enough.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boomer Esiason On Colts' Trick Play: 'One Of The Dumbest Things I've Ever Seen'

BOSTON (CBS) — Boomer Esiason spent 14 years playing quarterback in the NFL, and he’s been a TV and radio commentator on the league for even longer. So clearly, the man has seen his fair share of plays.

Still, what took place on the turf at Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday night might take the cake for the most unbelievable play Boomer has ever witnessed.

The play, if you don’t know by now, involved the Colts lining up to punt the football, only to send nine players over to the right side of the field in a “swinging gate” type of play. That left receiver Griff Whalen playing center and safety Colt Anderson in a de facto quarterback position. With nobody else protecting the “line of scrimmage,” as it were, Whalen inexplicably snapped the football to Anderson, who was immediately swallowed up by three Patriots defenders.

“I can’t even imagine what [Colts head coach] Chuck Pagano would say to the special teams coach,” Esiason said Monday morning on Toucher & Rich. “I understand playing aggressive and all of that stuff, and I understand that you’re playing against Tom Brady and he’s going to put up 34 to 40 points, but the fact remains you have to be smart with the football. And right there, that had to be one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen.”

Esiason said it was pretty remarkable to see the Patriots calmly respond to a situation they’ve clearly never seen before.

“It was unbelievable, really,” he said. “I’ve never seen anything quite so unexplainable and it completely caught me and everybody else off guard. The only ones that it didn’t catch off guard were the Patriots defenders that were on the field. I have no idea what those players were thinking about. And here’s the problem with that kind of thing: you’re asking players that never really have to make a tough decision during the game to make some sort of a decision whether to snap the ball or not snap the ball or whatever. And you saw the two Colts players right there completely FUBAR the whole situation and completely show why they are not the quarterbacks, why they don’t make decisions, because the decision that they made ultimately was a fatal one.”